Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Addams Family Trailer #1  (Read 475 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« on: August 08, 2019, 01:40:04 PM »

Thoughts?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Ug863S8dQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Ug863S8dQ</a>

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 02:33:53 PM »

They have completely missed the mark of what the Addams Family is. Sad 

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 02:56:30 PM »

While I get that the animation is closer to the original shorts that Charles Addams did for The New Yorker, we live in a time where most people think of the Raul Julia, Angelica Huston, Christina Ricci movies when thinking of the brand. Those movies, while definitely a product of the 90s, perfectly captured what was great about the 60s tv show and updated it for the times.

This, however, seems as though they have taken guidance from the Hotel Transylvania franchise. While the Raul Julia movies had great dialogue delivered perfectly by the actors and a deadpan macabre sense of humour, this just seems out of sorts with the gothic sensibilities. Maybe they feel they had to go in a different direction in order to appeal to a new generation of viewers, but as someone who grew up loving the 60s show and the 90s movies, this just seems a poor imitation of what we've had before.

Am I biased because I think Raul Julia, Angelica Huston and Christina Ricci were born to play the part of Gomez, Morticia and Wednesday Addams? Maybe. But, those are who pop into my head whenever I think of the Addams family; their voice, their line delivery, their performance, their passion. Cara mia!!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 04:03:21 PM »

They have completely missed the mark of what the Addams Family is. Sad 

Agreed. It's almost a 180 of the original to me

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 04:20:51 PM »

The most compelling thing about the Addams family members is that while they were very different from the norm, each in individual, unique ways, they were each confident in who they were.  This shows them as awkward and uncertain, with silliness, and the soundtrack is at extreme odds with the aesthetic.  This movie should get trash canned, imho.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 04:49:10 PM »

The most compelling thing about the Addams family members is that while they were very different from the norm, each in individual, unique ways, they were each confident in who they were.  This shows them as awkward and uncertain, with silliness, and the soundtrack is at extreme odds with the aesthetic.  This movie should get trash canned, imho.
Exactly. They were very much a family unit, Gomez and Morticia were passionately in love and not afraid to show it. Both were actively involved with raising their kids. They were secure in who they are and the things they like. It was everyone else around them who was awkward ad uncertain. That was the joke.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: