Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominicide LE review simplified  (Read 4719 times)
chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« on: August 09, 2019, 09:43:56 PM »

This is my simple review of the newest UltraSabers dualsaber, The Dominicide LE. No video, only photos.

Firstly, it's a heavier, (about 3 lbs.) longer dualsaber (about 20 inches with my mods) than a normal one, say for example, an Initiate V4 dualsaber. Also, a bit thicker (about 1.5 inches). It's not made to split in half like other dualsabers, it's made to be one unit. Mine, I removed the clawed emitters in preference for 2 Shock LE emitters. The colors are VERY close, but the Shocks are a bit brassy colored.  I went with the diamond soundcard, with a Black AV switch with white illumination. The diamond sound is just like one from any other diamond saber, all one unit with battery and speaker, grafted into the center chamber of the saber. There is a hinged door to access this chamber though, as shown below:

As shown in that picture, the wires for the 2nd emitter are underneath the diamond controller and to me, should have more protection. I foresee that they could bind or pinch while being spun or during combat. Maybe some heatshrink, or maybe a channel be crafted into the lower portion. It needs thinking about.

In this next picture, it shows 2 triangle/arrow indicators to show which set screws need to be removed to access the soundcard/batteries.

Finally, after owning it for 4 days, I say it's comfortable to use, but a bit heavy for one handed use (of course). I have taken it down so it's in 6 pieces - 2 emitters, 2 necks, center chamber and door. I'm not going to show a pic of that, it's not needed. I do like it and plan to have it handy for Halloween and the like. I'll also be thinking of what improvements it could use.

With my Dominicide LE, I also received a Initiate V2 with GB led and a Dark Initiate V4 with blazing red LED. Always fun for everyone to play with.

P.S. I forgot to mention, the original emitters were about 1 inch deep, with the shock emitters making the top of the LED module to the end of the shock emitter about 2.75 inches. The emitters screw into place and each have a set screw to hold them in tight.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 10:01:57 PM »

Again, thank you for posting this.  It is good to see how the batteries are accessed.  I want this saber and had some questions that were not answered in the announcement video.  I was waiting to buy. Your original post answered all my questions  and I thank you for that.
 It is really cool of you to post this twice and shows your patience. I am positive there are a lot of other people with the same questions. Your post is needed and helped me decide I definitely want this saber!
 Thank you.

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 10:06:12 PM »

No problem. Keep making excellent saber fonts.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 11:21:19 PM »

Very nice. The photo made me realize the Dominicide is heavily based on the Shock LE's hilt. I like the Shock LE (i have one), so having a staff made out of it should be awesome with those claws.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2026

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 12:16:52 AM »

Nice saber for sure. Those are Shock LE emitters he has on so Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 02:19:18 AM »

Definitely informative.
I'm looking forward to handling one of these at FanX in Sept

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 11:24:39 AM »

I may order another for the Fall/Winter. Basic black with diamond. Maybe use Menace SE emitters with black underlay windows.

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 02:15:59 PM »

Was just looking at the Dominicide emitters to see if they could be used to alter another lightsaber and noticed that's it's only 1 inch deep, so a blade will not have a lot of bite to hold it onto the lightsaber........plus, the fit is a bit loose, so a blade will wobble a little, unless you use tape or something around the blade to tighten it up.

(also added my Dominicide LE to my sig pic.)

MrMojoRisin72
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

Sig & Avatar made by For Tyeth

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 02:19:43 PM »

WoW, that saber is gorgeous!

My sabers: Dominix LE V5 - Blue Violet Amethyst, Silver FOC, Obsidian USB V4
                  Prophecy v3 -   Guardian Blue - Summer Raffle 2019 4th Prize
                  Apprentice LE v4 - Sun Rider's Destiny - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v2 - Consular Green - Mystery Box
                  Aeon v3 - Blazing Red - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v3 - Violet Amethyst - Grab Bag

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 02:46:27 PM »

This is my simple review of the newest UltraSabers dualsaber, The Dominicide LE. No video, only photos.

This whole review is great; candid and informative, as was your in depth video review.  Also, for me, the pic of the paper (quoted above)  was ABSOLUTELY something I needed to see (and didn't know it lol), as I consider a Diamond saber in the near future.  I was wondering if and what the other available font sets would be set to.  Now I know, thanks!  Point!

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 03:01:48 PM »

This whole review is great; candid and informative, as was your in depth video review.  Also, for me, the pic of the paper (quoted above)  was ABSOLUTELY something I needed to see (and didn't know it lol), as I consider a Diamond saber in the near future.  I was wondering if and what the other available font sets would be set to.  Now I know, thanks!  Point!

The diamond sound bank actually has 10 font banks. 1 is not used and any font you make/use can be added. You can also alter the existent fonts with your own or you have made/downloaded.

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 07:24:16 PM »

Nice review and THANK YOU for putting this review back up...I am on the fence on this one.  I hate to ask, but is there anyway you can put a pic of the hilt up WITH the actual emitters on?  With DragonCon coming up, I think I am going to wait to see it first hand before purchasing.  This is a LOVELY hilt though!  I was very excited to see a hilt somewhat inspired by Exar Kun...  Thanks again!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 12:47:21 AM »

Nice review and THANK YOU for putting this review back up...I am on the fence on this one.  I hate to ask, but is there anyway you can put a pic of the hilt up WITH the actual emitters on?  With DragonCon coming up, I think I am going to wait to see it first hand before purchasing.  This is a LOVELY hilt though!  I was very excited to see a hilt somewhat inspired by Exar Kun...  Thanks again!
Try this:

Note: The Emitters aren't held in by set screws, the LED Modules are. I loosened them up and pushed down the LEDS so there's more room for the blades to get a better grip.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 06:37:14 AM »

Can you post a closeup pic of the dominicide claws?

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2019, 11:27:20 PM »

Can you post a closeup pic of the dominicide claws?

Is this ok?

Note: On the Shock LE emitters, I have a 3 inch blade plug installed in each, flush to the top. The bottom rests against the LED Module after I pushed it down and tightened the set screw holding it in. The Dominicide clawed emitters are only about 1 inch in depth, so that 1/4 inch showing on the Shock emitters does help a little.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: