Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominicide LE review simplified  (Read 4723 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 12:46:30 AM »

Is this ok?

Note: On the Shock LE emitters, I have a 3 inch blade plug installed in each, flush to the top. The bottom rests against the LED Module after I pushed it down and tightened the set screw holding it in. The Dominicide clawed emitters are only about 1 inch in depth, so that 1/4 inch showing on the Shock emitters does help a little.

That's perfect! Thank you! Was curious how the claws looked up close.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 12:47:14 AM »

Sorry, the post seems to have sent twice (I had a connection issue). Can a mod please delete this? Thanks!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 02:57:54 AM »

The Middle Grips looked like they are too thick/raised to high for a comfortable and smooth transition.   but that is just based on the pics, plus some  bias on my part. I have never been a fan of those rubber wiper style grips.  But then neither  was  Mark Hamill or Hayden Christensen 

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 09:47:22 PM »

The Middle Grips looked like they are too thick/raised to high for a comfortable and smooth transition.   but that is just based on the pics, plus some  bias on my part. I have never been a fan of those rubber wiper style grips.  But then neither  was  Mark Hamill or Hayden Christensen  

Since the grips are in the middle it's not as bad. The Electrum Wind has the same grips and is about a wide - about the same width as my US Graflex lightsabers too, but the Graflex are plastic, the grips on the Dominicide and EW are aluminum.

Note: THe grips are held in by the now normal roll or spring pins, so if you so desired, you could probably hammer them out and remove the grips. I believe the grips are there for 2 reasons: a) decoration b) to give extra support to the chamber section. The way the set screws are used to attach the center, I believe someone who's enterprising & savvy enough could make a replacement section to replace the one that exists now, with a smooth exterior. Which could be longer or shorter too.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2020, 04:53:17 PM »

Since the grips are in the middle it's not as bad. The Electrum Wind has the same grips and is about a wide - about the same width as my US Graflex lightsabers too, but the Graflex are plastic, the grips on the Dominicide and EW are aluminum.

Note: THe grips are held in by the now normal roll or spring pins, so if you so desired, you could probably hammer them out and remove the grips. I believe the grips are there for 2 reasons: a) decoration b) to give extra support to the chamber section. The way the set screws are used to attach the center, I believe someone who's enterprising & savvy enough could make a replacement section to replace the one that exists now, with a smooth exterior. Which could be longer or shorter too.

I know I am doing a big "No, No" with the post bumping but I took a 6 to 7 month hiatus from the Forum.

Anyway, this note intrigues me. I am not asking you to but I would like to see what removing the grips would look like.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 04:53:09 PM »

I think it looks absolutely brilliant in gold...and I prefer the Shock emitters to the claws. I think US should make this an option because claws aren’t always preferable on all sabers.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2020, 11:04:23 PM »

I think it looks absolutely brilliant in gold...and I prefer the Shock emitters to the claws. I think US should make this an option because claws aren’t always preferable on all sabers.

I can agree to this, but. UltraSabers usually doesn't allow emitter switching on orders, but will allow add ons to the customers' shopping cart then ship out the complete order. Guess it couldn't hurt to ask.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2020, 01:50:00 AM »

Yes, that’s usually how it works. Still a nice option and I appreciate having it with the MHS parts. I wish all emitters were interchangeable Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: