Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Questions on Customization  (Read 650 times)
Barcai
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 12, 2019, 05:46:31 PM »

Saber 1
Dark Sentinel v4

Saber 2
Dark Sentinel LE v5

Q1: Can I add the Malice Square Pommel (Black & Silver) to one or both of these models

Q2: Even if I did NOT build the Sabers with the Convertec Adapter- can you add one post sale? Or does it require some sort of smithing to be done to the hilt?

Thanks,
Barcai

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 06:11:39 PM »

1:  Yes, all MHS-compatible pommels will fit the v4 and v5 hilts.

2: Drilling will be required, along with a tap and die set to cut the threads.  Contact marlena@ultrasabers.com for the details on the threading, or someone who knows more than I do will follow along and post the answer here.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 06:26:56 PM »

In regards to #2, TCSS sells the appropriate tap set for that, iirc, it's 8-32 threading.  You should also be able to get it at your local big box home improvement store or the like.

As for the drilling, I HIGHLY recommend using a drill press, punching a pilot point, and going slow, with drill lube.  Aluminum is softer, and can bind in a hurry.  Use lube when tapping the hole for threading as well.  If you don't have access to a drill press, or are not confident tapping the hole, a local machine shop can probably do it for you for a small fee.  Also, make sure you aren't going to jam up any threading, such as for the pommel. 

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Barcai
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 06:44:12 PM »

Thank you both! Big help, and much Aloha for the quick responses!

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 12:43:01 AM »

Another thing to consider is the depth of the screw you use to attach your Covertec wheel. If it is too long it could snag the battery pack when taking it in or out. I like to take a Dremel and sanding wheel to my screw on the inside once I install them securely.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff