Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LED Bulb appears dead  (Read 1793 times)
BigDataProf
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 13, 2019, 12:49:27 AM »

Hi:  I bought a saber 2 years ago.  The sound uses the diamond controller and works fine.   The bulb does not emit light anymore; i.e. I think it's burnt out or some other issue.   

What do you advise?   I cannot figure out how to safely reach the bulb in my saber?  The battery and sound, sure, that's easy to take from the bottom.  I can't figure out how to access the bulb.

My saber is the prophecy 3

https://ultrasabers.com/product/prophecy-v3/

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 01:08:36 AM »

The way UltraSabers makes their hilts, leaves a long tail of wire from the diamond controller card to the LED Module. If you remove both set screws that hold the blade into the hilt, point the open end of the emitter towards the ground and gently tap on the pommel, eventually the LED module will pop out. There should be an inch or so of wire that will let out of the hilt so you can examine the led module. Then, if you're gentle and have some patience, you can unscrew the module cover from the led to see if any of the wires are broken.

This is the same with all my diamond lightsabers I own, and every other variation of electronic setup I have from US.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 01:14:23 AM »

I went and checked your 2 previous posts and I see this is not the first time you have had problems with your lightsaber. It looks like yours is not saving the font banks like it should.

From what I can determine, you probably should contact US customer support and see if they can get your lightsaber back to them to see what the problem is. Since it's almost 2 years old, the warranty is expired. That will probably mean it will cost a bit more to solve the issue, but is probably your best bet.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 06:21:12 PM »

What Chalion said... sounds like expert troubleshooting would be your best bet, even though it won't be free.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 08:13:42 PM »

If I was in your shoes, I would try one more thing before you send it back.
 Triple check that your batteries are fully charged.  Then plug your saber into the ultrasabers editor. What you will want to do is, run the diagnostics on your saber.  It might give you some insight into the problem.  No matter what it says though, my advice is to after the diagnosis you can then reset your saber.
 The reset will erase everything thing on your saber. Then it will reinstall all the defaults. The default sensitivity and the default fonts. Your saber should be as if you just recieved it.  If your saber acts normal after that, then there is nothing wrong with your saber. It was the fonts on your saber that caused the problem.
 If the reset does nothing to improve the saber, then there is something wrong with the saber board. At that point I would advise sending it in for repair.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you! It sucks not having your saber working properly.  I really hope you get it figured out.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 08:57:21 PM »

KaiserSoSay has a good point... doing this one extra (free) thing simply CANNOT hurt, and it might fix the problem, so you might as well try it.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: