Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LAST CHRISTMAS Official Trailer  (Read 212 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« on: August 14, 2019, 12:26:34 PM »

Emilia Clarke, Michelle Yeoh, and Henry Golding has me intrigued

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlYUZU0H5go" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlYUZU0H5go</a>

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 02:49:24 PM »

Okay, I have two separate thoughts on this. Firstly, the movie and the cast look good. It has that Four Weddings and Funeral/Love Actually kind of feeling, which is never a bad thing.

Now, for the other thing. We had Bohemian Rhapsody, which featured the music of Queen, which was fine because that's a biopic. Then came Rocketman, which was a loose biopic featuring the music of Elton John, and that too, was ok. But I recently saw a trailer for a movie inspired by/featuring the music of Bruce Springsteen (about an Asian teenager in Luton in the 70s. Can't remember the name of the movie though). And now this seems to be similar. i just hope this doesn't become a trend for movies; all inspired by/featuring music from great singers from the past. Not that I have anything against Springsteen or George Michael. I like them both and I even appeared in a George Michael video. And inspiration can come from anywhere. It's just I know what Hollywood is like. All it takes is for two or three of these smaller independent movies to become unexpected hits and the next thing we know the market will be flooded with movies "inspired by/featuring the music of...." Prince or Bowie or Nina Simone or whoever.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: