Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: One hand dueler Opinions ?  (Read 6554 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 05:07:23 PM »

I prefer longer handles, even for one handed use. Sentinel and Dominix V3 both work well, as does the Dark Liberator. However, my favorite remains the Dark Standard Issue (yes, the Dark version duels better than the regular version, that's just the way it is). Apprentices work ok too, when used with a short enough blade.

The V3 Initiate is still good.  You just need ... and extension...    And configured as in this picture, they make a great main/shoto pair as well.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 06:02:45 PM »

He's Dark Side oriented -> dark sabers = better

(Did you not get enough sleep?)
Apparently not, because I actually considered that explanation as the likeliest reason, and STILL chose to post my question.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 07:04:29 PM »

To my touch, there is an actual difference in the texture of the surface of an anodized hilt versus a non-anodized one. I'm not sure I can exactly put it into words. The anodized hilts have more texture to them, and at the same time are smoother than the non-anodized hilts. It's the difference between a piece of wood that's been sanded perfectly smooth, and a lacquered piece of wood that's perfectly smooth. They're both smooth, but they feel different. I notice it the most comparing my Liberator and Dark Liberator hilts since it's a one to one comparison.
If I'm not mistaken, the difference in texture comes from the caustic etch that is done before the anodize. This helps reduce the noticeability of tool striations. It's been my experience that the the exact opposite is true. The tool striations of the lights should actually act like fingerprints, and aid grip friction. You may prefer the smoothness of the anodize if you like to spin, and like lower friction.

This too is true, although not an absolute. I like my Sentinel LE quite a bit, definitely more than my (plain) Sentinel (as far as aesthetics go). I actually like the "Light" LE's silver/gold more than the "Dark" LE's black/silver. I really wish they would do a black/gold version.
Everyone wishes we could get black and gold.

I've also noticed my non-anodized sabers tend to leave my hands dirty after prolonged use. I used to know why, but I don't remember anymore.
That's because of how soft aluminum is. Hand oil and the abrasiveness of fingerprints will take off trace amounts of aluminum, dirtying your hands.

I can agree that I prefer the Initiate v3 over the v4 (same for the Aeon/Dominix, I haven't tried out the v5's yet, but I really don't like the way they look), but I prefer the longer Dominix over the Initiate. I completely agree about the choke points, I just prefer longer hilts, even for one handed use (and the Initiate is way too short for me to use two handed). I'm surprised no one has chimed in with the Prophecy yet. It used to be the "go to" saber for a lot of people for one handed dueling. I don't care for it, but I know a lot of people did.
Ini V3, I love. But I'm more a fan of the Aeonix V4 more than the V3.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2019, 08:33:45 PM »

Ini V3, I love. But I'm more a fan of the Aeonix V4 more than the V3.

Nice!  More elegant than Aeon/Dominix, and the point still comes across just fine.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2019, 08:38:38 PM »

Everyone wishes we could get black and gold.

Black and Gold, or Black and Red, but the red would have to be pretty awesome.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 08:42:20 PM »

Black and Gold, or Black and Red, but the red would have to be pretty awesome.
Kinda like what For Tyeth did recently with the Grail?  Pretty impressive (once I increased the screen brightness)!

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2019, 08:54:58 PM »

Kinda like what For Tyeth did recently with the Grail?  Pretty impressive (once I increased the screen brightness)!

Exactly. Karmacks modifications to his v3's are always pleasing to the eye too.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2019, 09:02:42 PM »

Nice!  More elegant than Aeon/Dominix, and the point still comes across just fine.
It's an old contraction since it's the same design with a different finish.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2019, 09:31:10 PM »

It's an old contraction since it's the same design with a different finish.
I don't doubt you; it's just the first time I've seen the contraction, and it works PERFECTLY.  Yes, I've been a member of the forum since 2014, but I just started getting active this past year, and a whole bunch of post history had to be consigned to the "read it later, if ever" pile.

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2019, 09:53:42 PM »

I don't doubt you; it's just the first time I've seen the contraction, and it works PERFECTLY.

Aeonix sounds like the name of an EDM artist.  

*EDIT*

I Just looked it up for fun and there is in fact an electronic dance music artist named Aeonix.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2019, 10:23:38 PM »

UltraSabers plans to sell the Fallen emitters and pommels separately, in the parts section. They just haven't put them in there yet.

Someone might have said it already, but 2lithium battery configuration is way lighter than 4 AAA.

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2019, 01:39:52 AM »

Someone might have said it already, but 2lithium battery configuration is way lighter than 4 AAA.

4-AAA batteries are 6 volt output
2-AA li-ion batteries are 7.4 volts output

although, you can mod a stunt saber (but void any warranty still on it, so beware) - by removing the AAA battery holder and replace it with a rechargeable one, but I won't say how to do that.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2019, 03:22:45 AM »

4-AAA batteries are 6 volt output
2-AA li-ion batteries are 7.4 volts output

although, you can mod a stunt saber (but void any warranty still on it, so beware) - by removing the AAA battery holder and replace it with a rechargeable one, but I won't say how to do that.

You don't have to, a forum search in the Technical sub-forum will get you that information. Here's a couple of results:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40748.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=26812.msg399247#msg399247

There are also wiring diagrams for almost every possible setup.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2019, 05:04:07 PM »

although, you can mod a stunt saber (but void any warranty still on it, so beware)
Not if you send it in to get work done.

Aeonix sounds like the name of an EDM artist. 

*EDIT*

I Just looked it up for fun and there is in fact an electronic dance music artist named Aeonix.
You gotta be $#!#ting me.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2019, 05:18:02 PM »

Longer handled sabers is also my forte although I'm into the artistry than combat side of it. It feels more balanced and better to use

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: