Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Summer Raffle entries - Dominix LE v3 & Bellicose  (Read 1024 times)
chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« on: August 17, 2019, 12:56:45 PM »

This is my short and sweet review of my Summer Raffle entry purchases - Dominix LE v3 and Bellicose.

Both of these lightsabers were ordered with diamond controllers and black non-illuminated AV switches and 32 inch Ultra Edge Mid-Grade blades. The Dominix LE v3 was ordered in Pyrestone Orange, the Bellicose in Sentinel Yellow. The first thing that caught my eye is that my Bellicose has a recharge port I didn't order. I'll have to look into it to see if they wired it to function or not. Can't argue with a freebee. My free Initiate v2 is also Pyrestone Orange, a first for me. I usually get Consular Green or Guardian blue for my Free code lightsabers.

Now, how they feel. I was quite taken with the Bellicose once I had it in hand. It's very well balanced and feels great to spin. From the first time I got an Initiate v4, I was set to have those to be my go-to lightsabers for normal play-around with, but i'm considering changing to the Bellicose, it just is that good.

The Dominix LE v3 also is a nice looking, all around well made lightsaber. I got one in a Mystery Box, but in Consular Green. So getting another with Diamond was in the cards, I just waited till the Raffle to pick one up.

As always UltraSabers, you make an EXCELLENT lineup of lightsabers I am well and proud to own.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 05:36:18 PM »

Very nice sabers. I know how you feel about the Bellicose. It just feels right in the hands. Anyway, good luck to us all.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 02:47:36 AM »

Some very nice sabers there

MrMojoRisin72
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

Sig & Avatar made by For Tyeth

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 09:52:53 AM »

Hey chalion, how does the Pyrestone Orange look in person, I almost picked that for my new saber but went with Blue Violet Amethyst.

My sabers: Dominix LE V5 - Blue Violet Amethyst, Silver FOC, Obsidian USB V4
                  Prophecy v3 -   Guardian Blue - Summer Raffle 2019 4th Prize
                  Apprentice LE v4 - Sun Rider's Destiny - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v2 - Consular Green - Mystery Box
                  Aeon v3 - Blazing Red - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v3 - Violet Amethyst - Grab Bag

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 01:57:09 PM »

Hey chalion, how does the Pyrestone Orange look in person, I almost picked that for my new saber but went with Blue Violet Amethyst.

It looks like a darker Orange than the Initiate v2 I have in the picture. Not red-ish though. That's an effect of the iPhone camera. It tries to push darker colors compared to my dslr camera.

This is why I go with the diamond controller. The colors set on them are an approximation of the colors listed. If I think the color tone is off, I can play around with the color numbers to get the shade I like. Emerald and diamond colors can be tweeked. The other lightsaber set ups that use resistors change colors as the batteries run down - the buckpuck usually takes care of that, but I don't own a buckpuck equipped saber.

These 2 links below gives the values for each color listed so you can put them into the UltraSabers launcher program to see what the values look like on your computer. (if your computer monitor is color synched).

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17602.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23756.0

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

MrMojoRisin72
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

Sig & Avatar made by For Tyeth

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 10:08:56 PM »

It looks like a darker Orange than the Initiate v2 I have in the picture. Not red-ish though. That's an effect of the iPhone camera. It tries to push darker colors compared to my dslr camera.

This is why I go with the diamond controller. The colors set on them are an approximation of the colors listed. If I think the color tone is off, I can play around with the color numbers to get the shade I like. Emerald and diamond colors can be tweeked. The other lightsaber set ups that use resistors change colors as the batteries run down - the buckpuck usually takes care of that, but I don't own a buckpuck equipped saber.

These 2 links below gives the values for each color listed so you can put them into the UltraSabers launcher program to see what the values look like on your computer. (if your computer monitor is color synched).

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17602.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23756.0

Thanks for the info

Starting to save for my next saber that is in my wish list: Manticore CE- Diamond, Nickel Plated

My sabers: Dominix LE V5 - Blue Violet Amethyst, Silver FOC, Obsidian USB V4
                  Prophecy v3 -   Guardian Blue - Summer Raffle 2019 4th Prize
                  Apprentice LE v4 - Sun Rider's Destiny - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v2 - Consular Green - Mystery Box
                  Aeon v3 - Blazing Red - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v3 - Violet Amethyst - Grab Bag

Gamble
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -254

Evil Only Has One Face

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 08:37:04 AM »

Two good choices really like the blade colors five star good luck.

Guardian CE W/Obsidian V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 W/Obsidian Lite - Arctic Blue
Consular W/Obsidian V4 - Consular Green
Sentinel V4 W/Windows Stunt - Fire Orange

ScificommodoreJones
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 11:23:47 AM »

Some really nice sabers, and good luck on the raffle, if my domestic bills allow I want to get the Dark Arbiter in Pyrestone Orange I believe orange is the color of arbitration (non cannon) with the v4 Premium sound most I want is to change a sound font or two, I rarely change colors 

Sabers owned for my granddaughter is The Dark Sentinel   LE V4 Fire orange stunt saber, while I got the Dark Apprentice v5 with light sound and tri Fire orange, the fallen V4, artic blue foc
Wife got Dominix Le V2 blazing red ,Guardian  tri  Adegan Silver
Dark Arbiter FO FOC silver V4 sound

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: