Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: For those on the fence about Adegan Silver...  (Read 2503 times)
haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« on: January 26, 2020, 02:11:19 AM »

I received an Apprentice V4 in AS out of one of my mystery boxes. I was really hoping to try this color one day because I was always curious about the color discs. I've got to say I'm pretty blow away with how good these look, especially since this is just a single LED hilt. Take a look for yourself.
 If you've been thinking about trying Adegan Silver.....

Here my AS Apprentice is on the right with a single blue disc. Came out to a very nice Arctic Blue. My wife's Aeon in Guardian blue is on the left with a single red disc. The colored LED's are noticeably dimmer than the silver, I'm still recommending they would be nice to have with any color saber for the added versatility.

Here is a single purple disc. A nice violet amethyst.

Two red chips made for a nice fiery red

A green and a blue made something close to SRD

and lastly two yellow discs made a color as bright as a "Rey" of sunshine....or a color to guard the Jedi Temple  Cheesy

These are so handy and easy to use. Well worth the minimal cost!

Lover of the light side

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 04:11:13 AM »

Very nice, but you missed the obvious option... the beautiful silver blade itself! Where's that picture?

Light side points when warranted

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 04:42:39 AM »

Very nice, but you missed the obvious option... the beautiful silver blade itself! Where's that picture?

That's the first picture I posted of that hilt, it was just in a different thread  Wink

Lover of the light side

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 05:30:11 AM »

That's the first picture I posted of that hilt, it was just in a different thread  Wink

Now THAT is a beautiful saber. =D

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 04:24:23 PM »

Very nice.  I just ordered a Dark Apprentice v5 in AS + discs for my wife.  She's not as enthusiastic about sabers as me and our boys, but I'm hoping that having one of her own will change that. She's also a Libra, so while she has said she wants DVA or Bane's Heart, I know how easily she changes her mind or gets bored with some things. So AS + discs should be a good way to keep her interested as she can change the color when she gets bored with one. I'm sure I can get close to DVA or BH by mixing 2 discs

Something else I'm starting to notice, and maybe someone with BOTH single and Tri-cree AS + discs can confirm, but it appears as though you get a richer color with the SINGLE AS, not the Tri-cree.  This makes sense as the Tri-cree would be brighter and therefore "pushes" more light through the discs, making them look washes out.  Single LED AS, otoh, being slightly less bright allows the discs to block more of the unwanted color (ie not the color of the disc used) and thus may be richer.

The colors in these photos almost confirm that for me as the vids/pics I've seen with "washed out" color are all using Tri-cree, while the photos here don't appear to be and are single AS
Makes me wonder if color discs were INTENDED to be used with Single AS, but everyone's been using Tri-cree and getting washed out colors.

-

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 05:56:40 PM »

I wanted to try a silver blade but I was hesitant too. I finally made the choice to get one and yeah, a powerful and beautiful blade in its own right. My son just ordered The Fallen in silver and it'll be his first silver bladed hilt. As for me I'd order a hilt in a silver LED again.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 11:57:06 PM »

Here is a single purple disc. A nice violet amethyst.

I was thinking if you're so inclined, to add some of your pics with your hilt and colour examples to my Adegan Silver colour thread. This would give more variety for people to check out with a silver LED with the Apprentice hilt you chose for it. Plus it'd freshen the feed  Grin. Up to you, here's the link to it -

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38175.0

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 12:49:43 AM »

Also, the reflection on your TV shows a better, more even color than a direct view of the blade does. As you can see with the lamp in the reflection, which looks yellow compared to what your eye will see.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 03:48:16 AM »

I was thinking if you're so inclined, to add some of your pics with your hilt and colour examples to my Adegan Silver colour thread. This would give more variety for people to check out with a silver LED with the Apprentice hilt you chose for it. Plus it'd freshen the feed  Grin. Up to you, here's the link to it -

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38175.0

All the above pictures added to the thread

Lover of the light side

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 05:44:36 AM »

All the above pictures added to the thread

Oh right on, thx!

Also, the reflection on your TV shows a better, more even color than a direct view of the blade does. As you can see with the lamp in the reflection, which looks yellow compared to what your eye will see.

That's a good hot tip, chalion.

rosaferri
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -16

Darth Lamia Octavia [Dark/Grey Force Assassin!]

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 06:21:55 PM »

I'm actually one of those weirdos who thinks AS looks great standalone at times, ESPECIALLY on darker and more intricate blades. a Dark Mantis with AS would be beautiful

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Arsenal:
"Padawan's Fire" - CG D Initiate V2
"The Holy Relic" - BH Grand Master LE

Wishlist:
D Apprentice V5 SY
D Mantis AV
Consular SRD
Azure Fallen FO

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2020, 09:06:44 PM »

I'm actually one of those weirdos who thinks AS looks great standalone at times, ESPECIALLY on darker and more intricate blades. a Dark Mantis with AS would be beautiful

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I ordered an Empress with AS, with the intent to go yellow or orange. The bonus option being I can change the color as I see fit if I get bored. Now however I’m thinking of keeping it AS. I got a silver button, silver etching, and a silver pommel. Plus plans for other silver bits. Starting to think keeping the blade as such may be awesome.

I still got the filter book so I’m gonna play with colors no matter what.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2020, 02:48:29 AM »

Nice! Excited to see it

Lover of the light side

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2020, 11:04:13 PM »

I still got the filter book so I’m gonna play with colors no matter what.

I feel this exactly. I am enjoying playing with my filters. I like the silver for day to day use, but I cannot argue the wonderful effect of adding a red filter to make it a little less harsh on my eyes in the darkness of the night. Someday I might stop being lazy and post a picture or two.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: