Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Dominicide LE review  (Read 2819 times)
Daniel1988
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 55

« on: August 28, 2019, 11:21:04 PM »

Hi all! Here is my promised Dominicide LE review. Sorry it took so long, but it is often hard to upload videos where I live (poor internet, bad connections, etc).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv4nSlXlEnQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv4nSlXlEnQ</a>

My sabers (as of 8/9/23): (*s)=sound
1.) Frankensaber-Blazing Red (*s)
2.) Grandmaster LE-Sentinel Yellow
3.) Shock LE-Violet Amethyst w/Qd
4.) Dominicide LE-Tri-cree F.Orange
5.) Apprentice LE V4-Guardian Blue (*s)
6.) Dark Graflex-BR (*s)
7.) Spectre-B.Violet Amethyst w/Qd (*s)
8.) Consular-Tri-Cree Consular Green w/Qd
9.) Prophecy V3-SY
10.) Sentinel LE V5-SY
11.) Third Sister LE-VA
12.) Survivor LE- BVA (*s)

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 12:21:20 AM »

You did fine with the review. Going to give you a point for showing the location of the battery access screw locations. Those are in the same spot as mine, so they're probably the default location.

I did get a Black AV switch with white illumination. I think the contrasting color helps the sabers look. Mine never will hang from a belt, a 3 lbs. hilt is not advisable for balance. I would also worry I would jab my elbow into it. I also was able to press fit my emitter claws back in so they're functional, but I may take 2 claws off of each. I think they look better with 4 instead of 6.

I may also take the black covertec wheel off my Dark Graflex and swap it with the Dominicides. The gold accent on the Graflex will fit better there and the black on the Dominicide would balance with the AV switch.

Hand holding a phone during video can get annoying, like you are finding out. Stability for one thing, for another sometimes you just need both hands.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 01:58:32 AM »

Daniel1988, thanks for the review. Appreciate the close look at this saber. Still don't know if I want one, but I do feel better informed about it now .

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Daniel1988
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 03:06:15 AM »

You did fine with the review. Going to give you a point for showing the location of the battery access screw locations. Those are in the same spot as mine, so they're probably the default location.

I did get a Black AV switch with white illumination. I think the contrasting color helps the sabers look. Mine never will hang from a belt, a 3 lbs. hilt is not advisable for balance. I would also worry I would jab my elbow into it. I also was able to press fit my emitter claws back in so they're functional, but I may take 2 claws off of each. I think they look better with 4 instead of 6.

I may also take the black covertec wheel off my Dark Graflex and swap it with the Dominicides. The gold accent on the Graflex will fit better there and the black on the Dominicide would balance with the AV switch.

Hand holding a phone during video can get annoying, like you are finding out. Stability for one thing, for another sometimes you just need both hands.

Thanks Chalion. Yeah I don't see this, in reality, as a saber that you clip on your belt. It would drop your pants during battle, hahahahahaha. For me, this is more of a display piece. Something fun that I could duel with should I meet someone interested in doing so.

As for the phone, yeah not always easy, as anyone who has seen my review vids has seen. But it's usually all I got. I think if I had any editing skills whatsoever, I could start and stop videos, but I also lack the skills. Wink

6.) Dark Graflex-BR (*s)
9.) Prophecy V3-SY
10.) Sentinel LE V5-SY
11.) Third Sister LE-VA

Daniel1988
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 03:08:21 AM »

Daniel1988, thanks for the review. Appreciate the close look at this saber. Still don't know if I want one, but I do feel better informed about it now .

Glad I could help Malik. I would highly suggest getting one. They are awesome. But not advisable, as Chalion pointed out, for belt wearing. Mine is serving as a display piece for now.

6.) Dark Graflex-BR (*s)
9.) Prophecy V3-SY
10.) Sentinel LE V5-SY
11.) Third Sister LE-VA

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 05:55:49 PM »

As for the phone, yeah not always easy, as anyone who has seen my review vids has seen. But it's usually all I got. I think if I had any editing skills whatsoever, I could start and stop videos, but I also lack the skills. Wink
Just so you know, you can buy tripods and adapters for not very much money, if you're interested in having a stable setting for your cell phone.  If you want to get REALLY into using your phone as your video camera, they even sell external microphones for your phone.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

ScificommodoreJones
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 06:08:17 PM »

Thanks for the skinny on your awesome saber, it a rad review man  hope you have many righteous hours of enjoyment

Sabers owned for my granddaughter is The Dark Sentinel   LE V4 Fire orange stunt saber, while I got the Dark Apprentice v5 with light sound and tri Fire orange, the fallen V4, artic blue foc
Wife got Dominix Le V2 blazing red ,Guardian  tri  Adegan Silver
Dark Arbiter FO FOC silver V4 sound

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 06:37:35 AM »

Nice saber for sure =] The gold actually contrasts with the orange blades pretty good and gives a nice unique look to the saber

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Daniel1988
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 11:29:28 PM »

Thanks for the skinny on your awesome saber, it a rad review man  hope you have many righteous hours of enjoyment

Thanks SCJ! It already has given me much enjoyment.

Nice saber for sure =] The gold actually contrasts with the orange blades pretty good and gives a nice unique look to the saber

Thanks Zren. Exactly what my thought was when ordering it. And it looks even better, contrast even better, than the camera shows. The tri-cree really kicks the brightness up a notch.

6.) Dark Graflex-BR (*s)
9.) Prophecy V3-SY
10.) Sentinel LE V5-SY
11.) Third Sister LE-VA

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 05:14:51 PM »

I picked one of these up at DragonCon with Diamond set up.  This hilt is a beast, even with 32 inch blades on it.  I went with the following:
Black (as the color scheme)
Silver FOC
Black Button (non-illuminated)
32 inch blades
Programed in Red with Shimmering effect
Now before the con ended I did notice that my saber was a little wobbly, on each side of the battery compartment, so I did approach Ultrasaber's about it while I was wandering around.  Emory came up and explained how I might need to tighten the screws in this area to tighten it up.  He asked if I had a allen wrench to do this and I did not, so he hands me one.  He was so NICE and professional, this is why I always stick with Ultrasabers.  It was a great experience, as always!  Thanks Emory!
This is also my first ever staff, so I will be scanning the forums for any good dueling or spinning videos to toy with.  I LOVE this saber!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 09:07:10 PM »

If you're going to learn how to spin a dualsaber staff, I would suggest getting a wooden staff, the length of the saber you want to learn, mark out the hilt on the wooden staff and practice with that. Be it broom handle, bo-staff or whatever. The wooden staff will be able to take the abuse and will get you in tune with how to spin - and is much cheaper to replace. Even 1 inch outer diameter PVC will work.

Note: You Tube has a few videos to show lightsaber staff/double bladed saberstaff instructionables.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 08:02:05 PM »

If you're going to learn how to spin a dualsaber staff, I would suggest getting a wooden staff, the length of the saber you want to learn, mark out the hilt on the wooden staff and practice with that. Be it broom handle, bo-staff or whatever. The wooden staff will be able to take the abuse and will get you in tune with how to spin - and is much cheaper to replace. Even 1 inch outer diameter PVC will work.

Note: You Tube has a few videos to show lightsaber staff/double bladed saberstaff instructionables.
Point for the cost-saving tip on the practice tool.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 09:46:03 PM »

Point for the cost-saving tip on the practice tool.

1.25 OD x 10 foot PVC pipe is less than $6 at my home improvement store. 1 inch OD pvc is little more than $4.

Bo staves can cost from $20 to hundreds, dependent on the seller and quality of the materials. I'm looking at a 1-3/4" OD,  6 foot oak bo stave for $40-ish. (it will be much heavier than the saber, but practicing heavier is always my motto).

Much cheaper than a US dualsaber. stunt version without any changes to the order is over $220. With diamond, it was over $540.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 10:41:06 PM »

1.25 OD x 10 foot PVC pipe is less than $6 at my home improvement store. 1 inch OD pvc is little more than $4.

Bo staves can cost from $20 to hundreds, dependent on the seller and quality of the materials. I'm looking at a 1-3/4" OD,  6 foot oak bo stave for $40-ish. (it will be much heavier than the saber, but practicing heavier is always my motto).

Much cheaper than a US dualsaber. stunt version without any changes to the order is over $220. With diamond, it was over $540.
Dude... I can only give you 1 point per day...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: