Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Top 3 wishlist sabers  (Read 14266 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2019, 05:08:11 PM »

In no particular order....

Azure Fallen, Menace SE, Manticore

Below are the menu choices in common for all three:

Choose Your Configuration: Diamond Controller
Diamond Controller LED Type: RGBW LED [Recommended]
Choose the color of your blade!: Blue Violet Amethyst for Diamond
Diamond Flash on Clash: Flash Silver for Diamond
Diamond Pulse Mode: Diamond Pulse to Arctic Blue
Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup (Batteries & Charger Included)
Recharge Port: Recharge Port + 1.2A Fast Charger
Blade Length: 36" Standard Size
Blade Option: UltraEdge Heavy Grade
Diamond Sound: Diamond Sound
Switch Type: White Illuminated AV Switch (some black, some silver)
Choose Blade Tip Type: Round Tip
Blade Retention Screw Wrench: Sure!
Include Blade Plug: No Thanks
Include Saber Stand: No Thanks
Include MICRO USB Cable: Yes!
Include Covertec Clip: Yes!

I chose an illuminated AV switch because LIGHTED, and white because with a Diamond card, I could be changing the blade color to any color under the sun, so there's no point trying to match a color, and white will coordinate with anything.  I chose the UEHG blade because I like the UE's appearance, and the HG part because I favor durability over brightness in this use case.  I went with the default battery setup with the recharge port and the 1.2A fast charger because the charging port would let me display them while ignited if I want to, and I already have several high-quality, feature-rich battery chargers that can handle a wide variety of NiMH and Li-Ion cells, and don't NEED more fancy chargers.  I have a couple extra blade plugs already (Thanks, UltraSabers, for giving them to me at the convention!), plus I have blade stock and supplies to make some custom ones.  I got the MicroUSB cable just in case the bazillion or so I have lying around are the cheap power-only variety.  I got the wrench because those tiny little things are SUPER-easy to lose, and the price is right to get a spare.  I got the Covertec clip (and the Covertec wheel, where it needs to be added) to give me the option of belt-carrying the saber.

Any comments would be welcome.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2019, 03:02:58 AM »

Looks like you have all your bases covered Cyclops. Sounds like a fantastic bunch of sabers! Can't wait to see them in your collection.  As for me, I have come across a few saber options that make me want to question waiting for another raffle or going for it. I've found a couple of Renegade LE sabers in the private sale areas.  Neither is "exactly", what I wanted, but they are pretty close and I might be able to get one for a decent price. Should I do it, OR should I wait and get it the way I wanted, at a much higher price? What do you think forum?

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2019, 03:05:46 AM »

Sorry, I forgot to add this. Revised wishlist: Fallen (combat version),Renegade LE, and Chosen One.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2019, 05:28:18 PM »

Looks like you have all your bases covered Cyclops. Sounds like a fantastic bunch of sabers! Can't wait to see them in your collection.  As for me, I have come across a few saber options that make me want to question waiting for another raffle or going for it. I've found a couple of Renegade LE sabers in the private sale areas.  Neither is "exactly", what I wanted, but they are pretty close and I might be able to get one for a decent price. Should I do it, OR should I wait and get it the way I wanted, at a much higher price? What do you think forum?

The more I dabble in the used saber market, the more I like it. I think if you can move on from the configuration you've dreamed up for yourself and firmly visualize the used one as your own; then I think it can provide for the same experience. Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2019, 05:53:54 PM »

Sorry, I forgot to add this. Revised wishlist: Fallen (combat version),Renegade LE, and Chosen One.
Explain "combat version"

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2019, 06:41:55 PM »

Explain "combat version"

The Fallen emitter is available in two styles, Combat Ready, and Standard. Combat Ready has screws that are covered by the black strips, where the Standard emitter is held in place with pins.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2019, 07:13:01 PM »

The Fallen emitter is available in two styles, Combat Ready, and Standard. Combat Ready has screws that are covered by the black strips, where the Standard emitter is held in place with pins.

I'm confused

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2019, 07:21:50 PM »

Logos, I think the problem is the pinned "non-combat" version is susceptible to damage.  Not unlike the archon v3's thin neck.   The combat-ready version is more secure and has the additional guards which also cover the screws used to attach the emitter guards.

Which makes me wonder what that thing looks like without those guards...   LOL

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2019, 07:40:19 PM »

I guess I'll just have to get them and find out.

Since the website is not secure, my firewall hasn't allowed me to view it in some time. And when I can access it, I never think about it.

Sig by For Tyeth

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2019, 08:32:28 PM »

Logos, I think the problem is the pinned "non-combat" version is susceptible to damage.  Not unlike the archon v3's thin neck.   The combat-ready version is more secure and has the additional guards which also cover the screws used to attach the emitter guards.

Which makes me wonder what that thing looks like without those guards...   LOL

Never just flippingily ask for something...................

..............you may get answered.

Note: it won't fit on the hilt with the "wings" reversed, it's about 2 mm too tight to fit the Fallen hilt.

P.S. Note: The guards are held in place with hot glue. Once the bond shattered, they fall right off.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2019, 09:05:52 PM »

P.S. Note: The guards are held in place with hot glue. Once the bond shattered, they fall right off.

The guards over top of the screws?  The color-coordinated strips?  Those guards?

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2019, 09:13:25 PM »

The more I dabble in the used saber market, the more I like it. I think if you can move on from the configuration you've dreamed up for yourself and firmly visualize the used one as your own; then I think it can provide for the same experience. Smiley

The thing is, in my case, this next saber purchase might be my last, depending on how much I use it.  The one I bought five years ago is essentially a dust collector, brought out on rare occasions to be ignited and swung about a tiny bit.  If that's all that happens with my next saber purchase, then there's really no point in me buying another saber.  If instead, as I hope, the next saber inspires me to actually USE it (and the first one), then I'll be more ready to consider buying a "nearly-there" saber in the used market.

See my reasoning above.  For you, already owning several sabers, and already committed to the purchasing of more, this might be a good way to go; if you bought it used, it might be easier to sell it later to get funds to buy a different saber later if you find it's not "close enough."  With my situation, I think I'd be much less likely to be willing to part with this next saber, at least for quite some time.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2019, 10:39:21 PM »

Never just flippingily ask for something...................

..............you may get answered.

Note: it won't fit on the hilt with the "wings" reversed, it's about 2 mm too tight to fit the Fallen hilt.

now that is interesting.   Are the screws 8/32?

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2019, 01:32:31 AM »

The guards over top of the screws?  The color-coordinated strips?  Those guards?

Correct. Those Guards. Only held in place by tight tolerances in machining and hot melt glue.

I'm not a fan of hot melt glue, so i'll probably re-attach them with adhesive tape so I can pull them off when I want to. .......................or something insane like clear heat shrink tubing.

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2019, 01:41:28 AM »

now that is interesting.   Are the screws 8/32?

Threads are larger than 8/32, but the allen wrench to remove them is 5/64. I don't have my measuring tools here atm, so I don't know the exact sizes.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: