Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diecast collectibles  (Read 2823 times)
MrMojoRisin72
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

Sig & Avatar made by For Tyeth

« on: September 08, 2019, 11:07:47 AM »

I am not sure if anyone  else here collects Diecast collectibles. this is my collection (Mainly military) that gets added to fairly often.

I have found a few Star wars diecast ships but they are very very expensive so they are on the back burner.

* right click/ view image for full size

My sabers: Dominix LE V5 - Blue Violet Amethyst, Silver FOC, Obsidian USB V4
                  Prophecy v3 -   Guardian Blue - Summer Raffle 2019 4th Prize
                  Apprentice LE v4 - Sun Rider's Destiny - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v2 - Consular Green - Mystery Box
                  Aeon v3 - Blazing Red - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v3 - Violet Amethyst - Grab Bag

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 12:40:33 PM »

Hi MrMojoRisin72,

Nice collection, I have a few die-casts myself but nothing too special. Most are from those magazine collections (such as the DeAgostini magazines) so I have around 40 different helicopter models (including the Apaches, Cobras and the "Wocka").

I also have around 20 Hot Wheels and Micro Machines Star Wars models including ships and cars. I was lucky as my local Pound Stores (a bit like Dollar Store) got a shipment of the Hot Wheels packs and were selling single ship packs for $1, and twin packs at around $3.30. I paid a bit more for the Hero Four packs though.
I live in a tower block so don't have space to display them all so they're in storage.

MrMojoRisin72
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 12:43:17 PM »

Hi MrMojoRisin72,

Nice collection, I have a few die-casts myself but nothing too special. Most are from those magazine collections (such as the DeAgostini magazines) so I have around 40 different helicopter models (including the Apaches, Cobras and the "Wocka").

I also have around 20 Hot Wheels and Micro Machines Star Wars models including ships and cars. I was lucky as my local Pound Stores (a bit like Dollar Store) got a shipment of the Hot Wheels packs and were selling single ship packs for $1, and twin packs at around $3.30. I paid a bit more for the Hero Four packs though.
I live in a tower block so don't have space to display them all so they're in storage.

very cool point awarded.  any pics?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 12:53:58 PM »

Hi again,

No pics at the moment but I could probably dig a few packs out of storage to snap a couple of shots. As I say though they aren't all that special just the mass produced stuff. I'll take a look and see what I can do and maybe post some pics tomorrow.

accept a point in return (btw I quite like your CH-47)

MrMojoRisin72
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 12:57:13 PM »

Hi again,

No pics at the moment but I could probably dig a few packs out of storage to snap a couple of shots. As I say though they aren't all that special just the mass produced stuff. I'll take a look and see what I can do and maybe post some pics tomorrow.

accept a point in return (btw I quite like your CH-47)

Thanks, that is the largest of the helis I have, prop to prop 20 inches

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 01:07:48 PM »

Hi again,

The Chinook I have has a fuselage about 8in long (1:48 scale I think), then I have an EH-101 Merlin about the same size. I had a look in my cupboards but the boxes with the helis are buried. I did get hold of a couple of the Star Wars models - a few Rogue One Hot Wheels character cars along with a few ship packs. I'll charge my camera up and post a couple of snaps tomorrow. And please tell me that artillery shell is inert  Grin

MrMojoRisin72
Knight Officer

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 01:27:26 PM »

Hi again,

The Chinook I have has a fuselage about 8in long (1:48 scale I think), then I have an EH-101 Merlin about the same size. I had a look in my cupboards but the boxes with the helis are buried. I did get hold of a couple of the Star Wars models - a few Rogue One Hot Wheels character cars along with a few ship packs. I'll charge my camera up and post a couple of snaps tomorrow. And please tell me that artillery shell is inert  Grin

yes it is inert and is an original US WW2 75MM round.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 01:40:33 PM »

yes it is inert and is an original US WW2 75MM round.

That's a relief! I did have a couple of 30mm minigun shells from an A-10 Warthog that  I picked up off the beach down the coast from where I lived. There was a shared US/RAF target range where UK Venom and Viper fighters and later US A-10s practised. But my parents at the time told me to get rid of the shells as they heard they were from Depleted Uranium rounds and didn't want to take any chances of poisoning!
I used to go metal detecting (treasure hunting) and used to find bucketloads of shells.

MrMojoRisin72
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 01:48:29 PM »

cool, I collect original WW2 militaria,  My two US WW2 M1 helmets are my gems.  USMC M1/ front seam, fixed bail with the webbing dated 1942 &  US Army Medic M1 front seam swivel bail with webbing dated 1943.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 01:59:51 PM »

Hi there,

I had a collection of Roman coins and they weighed in around 24 pounds but when I moved I had to get rid of them so donated the lot to a local museum. People used to ask what my most precious coin was and I told them the earliest coin I had was dated 100 BC and was priceless.

I used to pick up the odd military coat button here and there but not too much...just bullet shells and buttons.

MrMojoRisin72
Knight Officer

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 02:54:40 PM »

Hi there,

I had a collection of Roman coins and they weighed in around 24 pounds but when I moved I had to get rid of them so donated the lot to a local museum. People used to ask what my most precious coin was and I told them the earliest coin I had was dated 100 BC and was priceless.

I used to pick up the odd military coat button here and there but not too much...just bullet shells and buttons.

ahh coins, I find myself always looking at dates when i get change, I found 2 1918 US pennies in change weeks apart it was crazy.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 05:56:35 PM »

Hi MrMojoRisin72,

Not sure if you're aware but you seem to be having issues with your image hosting! All I see at the moment is a sort of "Mr Men/Little Miss" style cartoon character!

However, I said I'd try and take photos of my little collection. I took a few pics but they didn't turn out too well as the packaging made it hard to see the models inside (gotta keep 'em in the packaging, they're worth more then  Grin). But here are a couple..

The Hero Starship Four Pack

FO TIE-Fighter/Millennium Falcon twin pack

And finally the Jabba the Hutt/Han Solo in Carbonite Car

As I said they are hard to see but the Han Solo car is neat as the top is modeled to look like Frozen Han. If you want to see the other packs let me know (but you might be better looking them up on a shopping website!)
I have:
The Ghost/Imperial TIE Fighter twin pack,
FO Landing Craft (Jakku)/Resistance X-Wing twin pack,
FO TIE-Fighter/Millennium twin pack,
Car Twin Packs:
FO Stormtrooper/Captain Phasma,
Imperial Stormtrooper/Death Trooper,
R2-D2/Threepio

The most expensive pack was the 4 pack at $17 the rest were $3 or less.

MrMojoRisin72
Knight Officer

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 08:51:10 PM »

Hey For Tyeth,

Thanks for sharing and the heads up on the sig and avatar.
on the die cast side, I wish the ones i collect were inexpensive, The UH-1 Huey cost me $135.00 but it is very detailed and pretty good sized, all the rest range 25-50 each

I will try to make a signature, this is not gonna be pretty lol

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 09:07:39 PM »

Hi MrMojoRisin72.

No problem, I did mention the models were just mass produced but some of them are fun.

And yes the Avatar/signature issue is hitting all forum members who use TinyPic.com to host their images. Tiny is closing down today and you will all need to login and download all your stored images if you want to save them. Unfortunately you can only download one image at a time as Tiny doesn't support bulk downloads.

Tiny also didn't email their users as TinyPic is classed as an "anonymous" service provider...however they did try and be helpful and directed users to open an account with their sister website. Problem is that site happens to be Photobucket and is a "Paid For" premium service. Sounds like a money grab to me.

Good luck on making a new signature/avatar, but if you need help making them let me know and we can work something out but you'll need to find an image hosting site to save/link it to, alright.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: