Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: MOVIE REMAKES  (Read 23088 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: September 10, 2019, 06:43:35 PM »

I've just heard that they are going to remake the Nicholas Cage/John Travolta/John Woo classic Face Off. Earlier this year they released a remake of comedy classic Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, this time with Ann Hathaway and Rebel Wilson (and apparently it was not good). This is without even mentioning all the Disney live action remakes that have been released.

So, my question to the group is this:

1) Which movie should NEVER be remade?
2) Which movie would you not mind if they remade?

*PLEASE NOTE* Try to be creative and not choose The Last Jedi. We all know how divisive that movie is and I'm sure people can come up with other choices.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 06:50:46 PM »

Blazing saddles!

But totally P.C. for today's  snowflake culture.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 06:54:29 PM »

Read that this weekend. That is a classic and should never have a remake.  I don't think any of the recent remakes should have been made but that may just be me.  To me, ANY Arnold Schwarzenegger, Disney, MCU, etc. should NOT have a remake.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 07:06:38 PM »

I remember years ago watching a chat show and it had a well known director on (can't remember who), but I always remember something he said about remakes; either take something that wasn't well known to begin with or take something that wasn't very good and make it better.

Now, while they are considered a cult classics, I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of either The Last Starfighter (using today's gaming culture instead of arcade games) or They Live (with the intenet and the continued fascination with consumerism). I think both could do with being updated and could easily be remade into something really enjoyable and special.

Movies that should NEVER be remade: Back to the Future, Goodfellas, anything from Tarantino, The Lost Boys and Jaws (although every shark movie the has ever come out since Jaws has basically tried to recapture the majesty that is that movie and they always fail. As shark movies go, Jaws is perfection).

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 07:17:29 PM »

I was obviously joking about Blazing Saddles.

The last star fighter and They live!!! Great ideas. I don't think either of those movies would be harmed by an update for the current times. They live would be great.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 07:17:38 PM »

Not necessarily a remake, but I'd like a sequel to Tron: Legacy. That movie got way too much flak.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 07:42:37 PM »

Not necessarily a remake, but I'd like a sequel to Tron: Legacy. That movie got way too much flak.

Tron wasn't a remake perse but rather a sequel and I wanted the third installment but it bombed the US box office and in fact, it did better overseas so they place the third installment on hold, indefinitely or at least that's what the studios claim

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 08:00:06 PM »

Wasn't there supposed to be a remake if WarGames? That would be interesting in today's time.

I think they should remake Hot Dog... The Movie for all the current Teenagers.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 08:05:05 PM »

I would be totally down for a Tron:Legacy follow up.

The last star fighter and They live!!! Great ideas. I don't think either of those movies would be harmed by an update for the current times. They live would be great.

For Last Starfighter I'd prefer a sequel maybe. You could still have a new protagonist, (maybe Lewis's kid?) through whom we find out what Alex and Maggie have been doing all these years. As for They Live, who're gonna find that's as much fun in the part as Roddy Piper?

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 08:07:44 PM »

It would be a cardinal sin for Disney to even consider touching the Emporer's New Groove ever again - its perfect, let it be perfect in peace.

That being said, I would love a remake of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I know it got panned bad but i loved it dammit! Would be great to see what could be incorporated with new effects.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 08:52:34 PM »

Wasn't there supposed to be a remake if WarGames? That would be interesting in today's time.
The problem with remaking War Games is that the current events of the time period was critical to the plot. It wouldn't really have as much significance unless it was done as a period piece, just redone.

Just expand on the story universe. I remember a series on Netflix; Tron: Uprising. It was a prequel story to Legacy, with a Batman Beyond vibe. I loved it. Sadly it was short lived; maybe only 2 seasons. But wow.

As for my 2cents, the Alien trilogy should never be touched.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 08:57:35 PM »

Speaking of Disney, I'd love a remake of The Black Hole. I remember loving the movie as a kid, but I think I was 8 the last time I saw it. Definitely left an impression though.

For Last Starfighter I'd prefer a sequel maybe. You could still have a new protagonist, (maybe Lewis's kid?) through whom we find out what Alex and Maggie have been doing all these years. As for They Live, who're gonna find that's as much fun in the part as Roddy Piper?
Either a sequel/reboot or a remake. Either would work. It's pretty much a no-brainer with gaming being so huge these days.

And as missed as Roddy Piper is, the movie would still work with the right actor cast. Could even have a cameo be Keith David.

I think I heard something about that. Maybe it's stuck in development hell.

I think they should remake Hot Dog... The Movie for all the current Teenagers.
There's a movie called "Hot Dog"? What's it about? (I'm assuming it's not about food).

As for my 2cents, the Alien trilogy should never be touched.
I know Alien 3 gets a lot of flack. It's nowhere near as good as the first two, but isn't the dumpster fire some people believe it to be. But I agree, the first two should NEVER be touched.

MrMojoRisin72
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

Sig & Avatar made by For Tyeth

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 09:27:07 PM »

I have always thought a remake of "The Wraith" would be cool.

My sabers: Dominix LE V5 - Blue Violet Amethyst, Silver FOC, Obsidian USB V4
                  Prophecy v3 -   Guardian Blue - Summer Raffle 2019 4th Prize
                  Apprentice LE v4 - Sun Rider's Destiny - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v2 - Consular Green - Mystery Box
                  Aeon v3 - Blazing Red - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v3 - Violet Amethyst - Grab Bag

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 09:30:11 PM »

I have always thought a remake of "The Wraith" would be cool.

Never heard of it. But after reading the synopsis on wikipedia it reminds me a lot of a story from a Twilight Zone comic I bought in the 90s. It also sounds like a Fast & Furious version of The Crow!  Grin

MrMojoRisin72
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

Sig & Avatar made by For Tyeth

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 09:33:50 PM »

Never heard of it. But after reading the synopsis on wikipedia it reminds me a lot of a story from a Twilight Zone comic I bought in the 90s. It also sounds like a Fast & Furious version of The Crow!  Grin

yeah it was an interesting movie back in the day, watched it recently and laughed  Grin some parts are you could say cheezy lol

My sabers: Dominix LE V5 - Blue Violet Amethyst, Silver FOC, Obsidian USB V4
                  Prophecy v3 -   Guardian Blue - Summer Raffle 2019 4th Prize
                  Apprentice LE v4 - Sun Rider's Destiny - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v2 - Consular Green - Mystery Box
                  Aeon v3 - Blazing Red - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v3 - Violet Amethyst - Grab Bag

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: