Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: MOVIE REMAKES  (Read 23092 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 09:44:11 PM »

I have always thought a remake of "The Wraith" would be cool.

I never got to see this film when it came out but I did own one of the 3D diorama cutout advert boards for the film. My folks knew the chief projectionist at my local cinema and I used to get a load of posters but this Wraith advertising was awesome.

And I agree the Aliens trilogy should be left well alone.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 09:59:22 PM »

I wouldn't mind seeing  a remake of Dreamscape and also Gremlins.
I would also love a sequel to Beetlejuice! Kill Wynonna and give us the sequel.

So many great suggestions from other people! Thanks for starting this post Darth Knox. It's got me hoping someone from Hollywood sees it.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 10:30:00 PM »

So many great suggestions from other people! Thanks for starting this post Darth Knox. It's got me hoping someone from Hollywood sees it.
You're welcome. Although I may start a separate thread about sequels to help keep the discussion on topic.

I wouldn't mind seeing  a remake of Dreamscape and also Gremlins.
NO! Gremlins must not be touched!

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 10:32:44 PM »

yeah it was an interesting movie back in the day, watched it recently and laughed  Grin some parts are you could say cheezy lol

I remember all the reasons I enjoyed TheWraith when I was 14 but I also think MST3K would have a field day with it. Nearly every line is riffable . “A road block can’t stop something that can’t be stopped.” Or “I smell French fries but that don’t make no sense!”

MrMojoRisin72
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

Sig & Avatar made by For Tyeth

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2019, 11:01:39 PM »

I remember all the reasons I enjoyed TheWraith when I was 14 but I also think MST3K would have a field day with it. Nearly every line is riffable . “A road block can’t stop something that can’t be stopped.” Or “I smell French fries but that don’t make no sense!”

Skank was a trip, I'm tweaking man  lol

My sabers: Dominix LE V5 - Blue Violet Amethyst, Silver FOC, Obsidian USB V4
                  Prophecy v3 -   Guardian Blue - Summer Raffle 2019 4th Prize
                  Apprentice LE v4 - Sun Rider's Destiny - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v2 - Consular Green - Mystery Box
                  Aeon v3 - Blazing Red - Grab Bag
                  Aeon v3 - Violet Amethyst - Grab Bag

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2019, 12:31:46 AM »

Speaking of Disney, I'd love a remake of The Black Hole. I remember loving the movie as a kid, but I think I was 8 the last time I saw it. Definitely left an impression though.
Either a sequel/reboot or a remake. Either would work. It's pretty much a no-brainer with gaming being so huge these days.

And as missed as Roddy Piper is, the movie would still work with the right actor cast. Could even have a cameo be Keith David.
I think I heard something about that. Maybe it's stuck in development hell.

There's a movie called "Hot Dog"? What's it about? (I'm assuming it's not about food).
I know Alien 3 gets a lot of flack. It's nowhere near as good as the first two, but isn't the dumpster fire some people believe it to be. But I agree, the first two should NEVER be touched.
The title is "Hot Dog... The Movie". So it's not just Hot Dog. It's the local guys at a sky resort vs the rich guys. Very teenage boy movie. Which is what I was when I seen it, over and over LOL. It's a comedy.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 12:36:42 AM »

I think the 1986 version of "Little Shop of Horrors" should never be re-made, because it far outstrips the 1960 version.  (Yes, I like my comedy-horror mashups to have a happy ending... so sue me!)

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 01:04:52 AM »

Skank was a trip, I'm tweaking man  lol

“This s#!ts got some kick!”

Also got a love Clint Howards character.

“It’s a wraith, man! A ghost! An evil spirit and it ain’t cool!”

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 01:44:25 AM »

Good News about back to the Future is Zemickis had it put in writing that no BTTF project could be done without his say so...and he has made it clear he would never allow a remake.

As for what movie should not be touched......  Labyrinth

What I would like to see a remake of.... The Running Man... but done closer to the book. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2019, 09:06:45 AM »

I think the 1986 version of "Little Shop of Horrors" should never be re-made, because it far outstrips the 1960 version.  (Yes, I like my comedy-horror mashups to have a happy ending... so sue me!)
I believe they filmed an alternate ending where Audrey 2 takes over the Earth, but changed it due to test audiences wanting a happy ending.

Good News about back to the Future is Zemickis had it put in writing that no BTTF project could be done without his say so...and he has made it clear he would never allow a remake.

What I would like to see a remake of.... The Running Man... but done closer to the book. 
I heard the Zemickis deal also passes onto his children/estate, further proofing BttF after his death (cos you know some studios will just play the waiting game).

I agree, do not remake Labyrynth. K heard rumours they were thinking of doing a sequel to it though. If they did I think Tilda Swinton would be perfect as the Goblin King.

What happens in the book versipn of The Running Man?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 01:10:51 PM »

I would also love a sequel to Beetlejuice! Kill Wynonna and give us the sequel.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Love it for the stand alone brilliance that it is.

WRONG! It should not be remade simply for the performances of Rick and Steve.
I believe they filmed an alternate ending where Audrey 2 takes over the Earth, but changed it due to test audiences wanting a happy ending.
Because everyone being eaten by the plant wasn't a "happy ending"?

AWESOME

Preach.

Uh....we already agreed that nothing with Arnold gets remade.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2019, 02:51:23 PM »

I agree, do not remake Labyrynth. K heard rumours they were thinking of doing a sequel to it though. If they did I think Tilda Swinton would be perfect as the Goblin King.

There actually was an official sequel done in Manga form in Japan a few years ago..as well a Prequel comic book that finished up last month.  Tilda I think would be good if they decided to make a new Goblin Ruler.... or go Doctor Who with it and have Jareth Change form.  I always thought Lee Pace as Thranduil kind of had a Jareth vibe to him.

What happens in the book versipn of The Running Man?

Uh....we already agreed that nothing with Arnold gets remade.

I never agreed to that....  There are many things Arnold did that were adapted from other sources and deserve (imo) a better adaptaion...no matter how much I may enjoy them.    As for the differences from the Novel (BTW  It was Written by Richard Bachman...which is the pseudonym of Stephen King) it does take place in a Dystopian Future but not as "advanced" as the film showed.   Richards is an impoverished peon who's daughter is sick and his wife has had to resort to prostitution.  He goes to the Government run game Network and gets chosen for The Running Man.   The rest is a quote from Wikipedia:

"The contestant is declared an enemy of the state and released with a 12-hour head start before the Hunters, an elite team of Network-employed hitmen, are sent out to kill him. The contestant earns $100 per hour that he stays alive and avoids capture, an additional $100 for each law enforcement officer or Hunter he kills, and a grand prize of $1 billion if he survives for 30 days. Viewers can receive cash rewards for informing the Network of the runner's whereabouts. The runner is given $4,800 and a pocket video camera before he leaves the studio. He can travel anywhere in the world, and each day he must videotape two messages and mail them back to the studio for broadcasting. If he neglects to send the messages, he will be held in default of his Games contract and stop accumulating prize money, but will continue to be hunted indefinitely. Killian states that no contestant has survived long enough to claim the grand prize, nor does he expect anyone to ever do so. Richards simply hopes that he will last long enough to secure his family's future with his prize money."

Much like the film he winds up being pretty good at evading the Hunters and meets a "resistance" of sorts.  It ends spectacularly but I highly doubt the ending could be done in today's climate. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2019, 03:08:30 PM »

I never agreed to that....  There are many things Arnold did that were adapted from other sources and deserve (imo) a better adaptaion...no matter how much I may enjoy them.    As for the differences from the Novel (BTW  It was Written by Richard Bachman...which is the pseudonym of Stephen King) it does take place in a Dystopian Future but not as "advanced" as the film showed.   Richards is an impoverished peon who's daughter is sick and his wife has had to resort to prostitution.  He goes to the Government run game Network and gets chosen for The Running Man.   The rest is a quote from Wikipedia:

"The contestant is declared an enemy of the state and released with a 12-hour head start before the Hunters, an elite team of Network-employed hitmen, are sent out to kill him. The contestant earns $100 per hour that he stays alive and avoids capture, an additional $100 for each law enforcement officer or Hunter he kills, and a grand prize of $1 billion if he survives for 30 days. Viewers can receive cash rewards for informing the Network of the runner's whereabouts. The runner is given $4,800 and a pocket video camera before he leaves the studio. He can travel anywhere in the world, and each day he must videotape two messages and mail them back to the studio for broadcasting. If he neglects to send the messages, he will be held in default of his Games contract and stop accumulating prize money, but will continue to be hunted indefinitely. Killian states that no contestant has survived long enough to claim the grand prize, nor does he expect anyone to ever do so. Richards simply hopes that he will last long enough to secure his family's future with his prize money."

Much like the film he winds up being pretty good at evading the Hunters and meets a "resistance" of sorts.  It ends spectacularly but I highly doubt the ending could be done in today's climate. 
Interesting. I could get behind this IF they stuck to the book and not attempted to remake the OG.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2019, 05:03:22 PM »

Interesting. I could get behind this IF they stuck to the book and not attempted to remake the OG.

Right, its less sci-fi more action-Suspense.  Total Recall was the same way, it was more of a direct remake of the ahnold film than then the book

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 06:37:17 PM »

There actually was an official sequel done in Manga form in Japan a few years ago..as well a Prequel comic book that finished up last month.  Tilda I think would be good if they decided to make a new Goblin Ruler.... or go Doctor Who with it and have Jareth Change form.  I always thought Lee Pace as Thranduil kind of had a Jareth vibe to him.
Tilda has already played Bob Dylan in a movie. And she dressed up as David Bowie one Halloween (they were apparently good friends). She has that other worldly slightly androgynous quality about her that I think would be perfect for the Goblin King. If they cast her, I wouldn't even address her gender, as with the right costume and make-up you'd believe she was Jareth, just played by another actor.

This sounds very similar to an small independent film I saw years ago called Series 7: The Contenders https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Series_7:_The_Contenders.

Total Recall was the same way, it was more of a direct remake of the ahnold film than then the book
But Total Recall had the brilliant and satirical mind of Paul Verhoeven at the helm, who brought the equally amazing Robocop and Starship Troopers (and Showgirls to prove even great film makers have an off day  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy).

I think the recent remakes of Total Recall and Robocop prove to leave PV's movies alone. That includes Starship Troopers, that despite being made in 1997, still holds up. Even a lot of the CGI (which is weird when you consider The Phantom Menace came out 2 years later and looks dated as F when you rewatch it now).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: