Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: MOVIE REMAKES  (Read 23275 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2019, 06:52:42 PM »

Honestly a bit surprised no one has mentioned it yet. The Princess Bride. That movie should never be remade. Ever.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2019, 07:01:18 PM »

Honestly a bit surprised no one has mentioned it yet. The Princess Bride. That movie should never be remade. Ever.

More points than I am allowed to give for this one!!!!!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2019, 07:02:58 PM »

The Shawshank Redemption should never be remade.  It was close enough to Stephen King's short story to be an excellent story, and the performances by Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman were superb!

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2019, 07:04:15 PM »

It would be.........inconceivable!

The Shawshank Redemption should never be remade.  It was close enough to Stephen King's short story to be an excellent story, and the performances by Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman were superb!
I'm still amazed that it was considered a flop when it was first released. It only really got recognised as one of the greatest movies of all time when it hit the home video rental market.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2019, 07:11:10 PM »

Point for that, Darth Knox!  (Dark side, of course)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 07:27:12 PM »

Tilda has already played Bob Dylan in a movie. And she dressed up as David Bowie one Halloween (they were apparently good friends). She has that other worldly slightly androgynous quality about her that I think would be perfect for the Goblin King. If they cast her, I wouldn't even address her gender, as with the right costume and make-up you'd believe she was Jareth, just played by another actor.
Counterpoint: David dressed up as her on the same Halloween. I think their androgyny actually add to their beauty. The first time I ever saw David Bowie, was the VHS cover of Labyrinth, and thought "WOW! She's kinda hot." My 8yo self was very confused when I saw the movie.

There is hope for you yet, young one. POINTS

Wholly agreed. And on the SK note, The Green Mile is also on the list.

Nightmare Before Christmas

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2019, 07:30:23 PM »

More points than I am allowed to give for this one!!!!!
I'm still amazed that it was considered a flop when it was first released. It only really got recognised as one of the greatest movies of all time when it hit the home video rental market.
Counterpoint: David dressed up as her on the same Halloween. I think their androgyny actually add to their beauty. The first time I ever saw David Bowie, was the VHS cover of Labyrinth, and thought "WOW! She's kinda hot." My 8yo self was very confused when I saw the movie.
There is hope for you yet, young one. POINTS
Wholly agreed. And on the SK note, The Green Mile is also on the list.

Nightmare Before Christmas
QFT^^

Points for you gentlemen!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2019, 07:38:59 PM »

Counterpoint: David dressed up as her on the same Halloween.
I saw the photo. They dressed as each other. Kindred spirits.

I think their androgyny actually add to their beauty. The first time I ever saw David Bowie, was the VHS cover of Labyrinth, and thought "WOW! She's kinda hot." My 8yo self was very confused when I saw the movie.
Definitely. The first time I saw Bowie was the music video for dancing in the street with Mick Jagger. I think I saw Labyrynth soon after and didn't realise it was the same guy. Fortunately, my university years opened exposed me to the wonder of his Ziggy Stardust days.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2019, 08:01:38 PM »

The first 3 Indiana Jones movies.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2019, 08:36:27 PM »

The first 3 Indiana Jones movies.
Correction, they are ONLY three Indiana Jones movies in existence. Officially. Fandom passed a law about this not so long ago.

Just had another thought: This Is Spinal Tap can/should never be remade. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Event Horizon, but with all the gore/horror sequences that the director was forced to cut left in this time.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2019, 09:06:06 PM »

Would like to see remakes of:

Ronin
Timecop

NOT see remakes of:

The Ten Commandments
13th Warrior
DragonSlayer
Outland

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2019, 09:13:19 PM »

Correction, they are ONLY three Indiana Jones movies in existence. Officially. Fandom passed a law about this not so long ago.
Phwew! <wipes brow>

Ronin
Gonna have to veto this.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2019, 10:23:31 PM »

*NEW RULE*
Any movie mentioned can be vetoed, as long as it's seconded by someone else.

Ronin
Gonna have to veto this.
Seconded. Ronin is safe (and a bloody brilliant film it is too). Speaking of John Reno, Leon absolutely CANNOT be remade. Or True Romance.

Would like to see remakes of:

Timecop

NOT see remakes of:

The Ten Commandments
13th Warrior
DragonSlayer
Outland
Timecop would be a good remake. As they recently did a remake of Ben-Hur (which is awful as you'd imagine it was) I wouldn't put it past Hollywood to do a remake of The Ten Commandments.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2019, 12:49:11 AM »

But Total Recall had the brilliant and satirical mind of Paul Verhoeven at the helm, who brought the equally amazing Robocop and Starship Troopers (and Showgirls to prove even great film makers have an off day  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy).

I think the recent remakes of Total Recall and Robocop prove to leave PV's movies alone. That includes Starship Troopers, that despite being made in 1997, still holds up. Even a lot of the CGI (which is weird when you consider The Phantom Menace came out 2 years later and looks dated as F when you rewatch it now).

Yes, which is why I was disappointed they chose to attempt to remake the Arnold version instead of directly adapting the original Story.

NOT see remakes of:

The Ten Commandments

Point of Fact:  The Ten Commandments was itself a remake of the 1930s versions also directed by Cecil B. DeMille.   

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2019, 05:23:18 AM »

*NEW RULE*
Any movie mentioned can be vetoed, as long as it's seconded by someone else.
Seconded. Ronin is safe (and a bloody brilliant film it is too). Speaking of John Reno, Leon absolutely CANNOT be remade. Or True Romance.

Ronin? Thirded. That film is a masterpiece on so many levels.
Agreed. Leon and True Romance are not to be touched either. Can you imagine two other people doing the Walken/Hopper scene in True Romance? HA!!!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: