Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: MOVIE REMAKES  (Read 23089 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2019, 05:53:54 AM »

I would like to see a remake of Highlander, with the right casting, tweak the story but keep the main gist of the immortals, beheading and gathering could be pretty epic, and done in a much more grisly way.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2019, 08:18:15 AM »

Ronin? Thirded. That film is a masterpiece on so many levels.
Agreed. Leon and True Romance are not to be touched either. Can you imagine two other people doing the Walken/Hopper scene in True Romance? HA!!!!
Even though it was directed by Tony Scott, it is very much a Tarantino movie. Very little of Tarantino's original script was changed for the movie, which was verg unusual in the early 90s.

I would like to see a remake of Highlander
NO!  Veto.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2019, 01:34:44 PM »

Speaking of John Reno, Leon absolutely CANNOT be remade. Or True Romance.
Speaking of the great Luc Besson, The Fifth Element, like the Ark of the Covenant, should only be touched at the risk of one's own life.

As they recently did a remake of Ben-Hur (which is awful as you'd imagine it was) I wouldn't put it past Hollywood to do a remake of The Ten Commandments.
Ugh. Agreed. I foresee some politically correct steaming pile full of social reform agendas. "Let's make Moses a woman."

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2019, 01:52:30 PM »

Ugh. Agreed. I foresee some politically correct steaming pile full of social reform agendas. "Let's make Moses a woman."
Well, they didn't do that with the Ben-Hur remake. It was just bad. Even Morgan Freeman in a dodgy dreadlock wig couldn't save it.

Speaking of the great Luc Besson, The Fifth Element, like the Ark of the Covenant, should only be touched at the risk of one's own life.
Agreed. It's so much fun. And kickass. And cheesy. And weird. And wonderful. And I love it. Definitely one of those movies that could be made in the 90s.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2019, 01:59:12 PM »

Topic aside briefly, love the new sig Logos!

That being said I agree. The Fifth Element is one of those where it would be fantastic or absolutely destroy the soul of the original. seconded.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2019, 02:56:19 PM »

Agreed. It's so much fun. And kickass. And cheesy. And weird. And wonderful. And I love it. Definitely one of those movies that could (only?) be made in the 90s.
Even despite some cinematic failures, this movie ranks high on my Love-It List. It's just timelessly awesome. Part of me wanted more films that expanded that movie-verse, but at the same time I'm scared that it would end up being too close to the FE, or worse ruining it. Like maybe a prequel that highlighted Dallas' service record. Undecided

Topic aside briefly, love the new sig Logos!
Thanks

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2019, 03:14:25 PM »

Even despite some cinematic failures, this movie ranks high on my Love-It List. It's just timelessly awesome. Part of me wanted more films that expanded that movie-verse, but at the same time I'm scared that it would end up being too close to the FE, or worse ruining it. Like maybe a prequel that highlighted Dallas' service record. Undecided
Thanks
Same here I always wanted to know more about the world and the creatures. I think now it’s too late, but I wouldn’t mind some books or graphic novels to flesh some things out more.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2019, 04:07:50 PM »

isn't it strange that a movie like Valerian and the City of 1000 Planets flopped and hasn't even managed cult status, and yet The Fifth Element has. I think the main differences between the two are T5E is fun and cheesy and doesn't take itself too seriously, while Valerian was so concerned with being visually spectacular and weird (like the comic) that it forgot to be fun and cheesy.

My next pick for a movie that could be remade may be controversial as I love the original and the tv multiple series it span-off: Stargate.
Don't get me wrong, like I said, I love the original movie and absolutely adore SG-1 and Atlantis. And even Universe had found its rhythm just before it got cancelled. But as the shows showed us, there is a lot of mythology there. And who doesn't love a good story surrounding Egyptian mythology?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2019, 04:56:12 PM »

Same here I always wanted to know more about the world and the creatures. I think now it’s too late, but I wouldn’t mind some books or graphic novels to flesh some things out more.
I think enough time has gone by that a truly appreciative director could do something good with this idea. If I were doing it, I would put emphasis in copying the production style (don't try to improve), and focus on the story instead of pushing boundaries.

My next pick for a movie that could be remade may be controversial as I love the original and the tv multiple series it span-off: Stargate.
Don't get me wrong, like I said, I love the original movie and absolutely adore SG-1 and Atlantis. And even Universe had found its rhythm just before it got cancelled. But as the shows showed us, there is a lot of mythology there. And who doesn't love a good story surrounding Egyptian mythology?
Ooohh. Tough call.

Sig by For Tyeth

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2019, 05:13:35 PM »

I would like to see a remake of Highlander, with the right casting, tweak the story but keep the main gist of the immortals, beheading and gathering could be pretty epic, and done in a much more grisly way.
Second the veto!  As was said in a certain person's .signature file back when Highlander II: The Quickening was released...

Highlander: There can be only one.
Me, after seeing Highlander II:  There should have been only one! I want my money back!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2019, 05:21:44 PM »

Second the veto!  As was said in a certain person's .signature file back when Highlander II: The Quickening was released...

Highlander: There can be only one.
Me, after seeing Highlander II:  There should have been only one! I want my money back!
^^^Yes. This! Although, I did like the Highlander tv series as it didn't contradict anything from the first movie. Plus some of the scene transitions in that movie are amazing. And of course, casting a Scotsman to play an Egyptian Spaniard in a movie set in Scotland. Genius! And the Queen soundtrack is hauntingly beautiful at times.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2019, 02:48:20 AM »

^^^Yes. This! Although, I did like the Highlander tv series as it didn't contradict anything from the first movie. Plus some of the scene transitions in that movie are amazing. And of course, casting a Scotsman to play an Egyptian Spaniard in a movie set in Scotland. Genius! And the Queen soundtrack is hauntingly beautiful at times.

Same.  I felt the TV Series kind of served as a "reboot".  Better acting, choreography and expanded the lore.  Fun Fact:  The Creators of Highlander did not WANT to do a sequel...but the studio wanted one and leaned heavily on the production.  After the success of the TV series they were given more leeway with the third which is why it ignores part 2 entirely.  Honestly I Wouldn't be opposed to a Highlander Remake IF I knew only the effects, acting and choreography was going to be updated and the story would remain

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2019, 05:30:33 AM »

Same.  I felt the TV Series kind of served as a "reboot".  Better acting, choreography and expanded the lore.  Fun Fact:  The Creators of Highlander did not WANT to do a sequel...but the studio wanted one and leaned heavily on the production.  After the success of the TV series they were given more leeway with the third which is why it ignores part 2 entirely.  Honestly I Wouldn't be opposed to a Highlander Remake IF I knew only the effects, acting and choreography was going to be updated and the story would remain
That's too big an "IF" in my book.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2019, 05:31:45 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_PVhhsELvA&amp;app=desktop" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_PVhhsELvA&amp;app=desktop</a>

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2019, 01:09:04 PM »

So began furthering the apprentice's training last night with Pitch Black, and thought..."Riddick Trilogy (soon to be quad Grin) can't be touched."

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: