Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: MOVIE REMAKES  (Read 23232 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2019, 05:11:47 PM »

I know they are thinking of remaking this movie, but I'm hoping they don't, An American Werewolf in London.

*Edit* Just read that due to the allegations against Max Landis, his remake of this has been cancelled. And it's looking increasingly unlikely that any studios will want to pursue it, even with another writer/director attached. So, that's good news
Maybe I'm too much of a  movie purist but I don't count that as a "cut".

It is, for all intents and purposes, A Cut.  Generally Cut in this instance is used like "Draft" for writing projects.  The Snyder "Cut" would be the equivalent to a Rough Draft.  So, technically I guess it would be more accurate to call it the Snyder Rough Cut.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2019, 06:00:51 PM »

It is, for all intents and purposes, A Cut.  Generally Cut in this instance is used like "Draft" for writing projects.  The Snyder "Cut" would be the equivalent to a Rough Draft.  So, technically I guess it would be more accurate to call it the Snyder Rough Cut.
Unless it's good enough to be seen by mass audiences then it doesn't count. But that's just my own sensibilities.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2019, 08:56:02 PM »

Maybe you guys know something about it that I don't, but Zach Snyder has said that "it is finished". To me that sounds like everything, including VFX are done, and it is more than just a "rough cut". It is very possible that I am missing something though.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2019, 09:38:44 PM »

Maybe you guys know something about it that I don't, but Zach Snyder has said that "it is finished". To me that sounds like everything, including VFX are done, and it is more than just a "rough cut". It is very possible that I am missing something though.

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-zack-snyder-cut-exists-confirmed/

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2019, 04:53:37 PM »

I know they are thinking of remaking this movie, but I'm hoping they don't, An American Werewolf in London.
Didn't they already do this as American Werewolf in Paris?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2019, 05:02:10 PM »

Didn't they already do this as American Werewolf in Paris?
No. That was just a really really really bad sequel.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2019, 05:06:21 PM »

Ah

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2019, 05:21:52 PM »

No. That was just a really really really bad sequel.

Need a couple of more "Really"s in there....

On the subject of Werewolf Films that should not be Remade.....  Dog Soldiers.

But Ginger Snaps maybe could use a remake....

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2019, 06:38:14 PM »

They are supposedly working on a remake of Highlander and I’m really of two minds about it. Because part of me would just as soon they leave it alone. The original didn’t really open itself up for a sequel which is part of why the other films that followed were inherently awkward situations to begin with even before getting into stuff like Zeist. (Ugh).The TV series was probably the best thing that came out of any of that and they managed to muck that up to eventually.

On the other hand given hindsight you could build the story as something to be told over multiple films. You could elaborate on things the original film left mysterious which either could be good or turn out to be something where the explanation is much lamer than keeping the mystery on.  The sword battles could be much improved and other Immortals besides Conner and the Kurgan could be fleshed out. (Maybe even borrow some ideas from the tv series like Amanda or The Watchers).

You also wouldn’t have the Queen soundtrack or Michael Kamen’s score which are so much a part of the identity of Highlander for me.  Also who would make a good Ramirez? I can’t think of anybody who could bring the proper charm to that role.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2019, 07:58:20 PM »

They are supposedly working on a remake of Highlander and I’m really of two minds about it. Because part of me would just as soon they leave it alone. The original didn’t really open itself up for a sequel which is part of why the other films that followed were inherently awkward situations to begin with even before getting into stuff like Zeist. (Ugh).The TV series was probably the best thing that came out of any of that and they managed to muck that up to eventually.

On the other hand given hindsight you could build the story as something to be told over multiple films. You could elaborate on things the original film left mysterious which either could be good or turn out to be something where the explanation is much lamer than keeping the mystery on.  The sword battles could be much improved and other Immortals besides Conner and the Kurgan could be fleshed out. (Maybe even borrow some ideas from the tv series like Amanda or The Watchers).

You also wouldn’t have the Queen soundtrack or Michael Kamen’s score which are so much a part of the identity of Highlander for me.  Also who would make a good Ramirez? I can’t think of anybody who could bring the proper charm to that role.

Highlander has such a cult following remaking it, I think, would be a Mistake.  I would rather a continuation to get the bad taste of The Source out of my mouth. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2019, 12:45:31 PM »

GODDAMN IT!!! There are talks of remaking The Princess Bride. Did somebody forget to forward this discussion onto Hollywood?

https://youtu.be/pGejqzfLn3I

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2019, 01:17:49 PM »

GODDAMN IT!!! There are talks of remaking The Princess Bride. Did somebody forget to forward this discussion onto Hollywood?

GODDAMN IT!!! What the frell is wrong with these damn Millennials thinking they can improve perfection? We don't need CGI. We don't need modern actors. We DON'T need socially progressive themes. We DON'T need throwbacks to an original. WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER WEAK ASS REMAKE. We need the original to be left alone in all its greatness.

We need to start a boycott of this film. Tell your friends and families to not see this. Let Hollywood know we're tired of lame redoes.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2019, 04:30:13 PM »

Nope. Just nope. Maybe with enough outrage, we can get them to not make it. Haven't watched the video yet, but I will in a little bit.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2019, 04:53:33 PM »

GODDAMN IT!!! What the frell is wrong with these damn Millennials thinking they can improve perfection? We don't need CGI. We don't need modern actors. We DON'T need socially progressive themes. We DON'T need throwbacks to an original. WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER WEAK ASS REMAKE. We need the original to be left alone in all its greatness.

We need to start a boycott of this film. Tell your friends and families to not see this. Let Hollywood know we're tired of lame redoes.
To be fair, I think I the people talking about it aren't millennial, which only makes it worse. They are old enough to know better. Plus, there's no evidence that a remake would feature any of the stuff you mentioned.

That being said, I agree 1000% with your sentiment. The best way to send a message to Hollywood is to not go see these movies. Hollywood is a business and despite online outrage or petitions, the only thing that will make them think twice about stuff like this is losing money at the box office.

If enough remakes of beloved classics fail at the box office, the studios won't want to risk their bottom line or their bonuses.

Besides, who the hell out of today's actors could match Cary Elwes, Wallace Shawn or Andre the Giant? Inconceivable indeed.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2019, 05:13:14 PM »

Plus, there's no evidence that a remake would feature any of the stuff you mentioned.
There is a staggering high probability that what I listed will be included. Otherwise why, WHY would they want to remake it.

That being said, I agree 1000% with your sentiment. The best way to send a message to Hollywood is to not go see these movies. Hollywood is a business and despite online outrage or petitions, the only thing that will make them think twice about stuff like this is losing money at the box office.

If enough remakes of beloved classics fail at the box office, the studios won't want to risk their bottom line or their bonuses.

Besides, who the hell out of today's actors could match Cary Elwes, Wallace Shawn or Andre the Giant? Inconceivable indeed.
[/quote]
EXACTLY. That movie MADE most of the main cast. QUIT TRYING TO frellING REMAKE THE 80s.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: