Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What do the blade's light look like to the eye?  (Read 879 times)
YissnakkJr
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 11, 2019, 02:51:05 AM »

I have seen multiple Ultrasabers videos, and the blade looks like it does in the movie, and they always mention how it looks great in the lens, but how does this appearance compare to what we see with our eyes? Especially in lit up areas such as a sunny day.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 03:15:54 AM »

If it's really bright out, you may not see much in the way of color at all, to be honest.

For the most part, the blades tend to look more solid color, but still look really good

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 11:57:33 AM »

Even Tri-Cree looks dim in direct sunlight but if it's darker where you're at, it looks really good. Tri Cree tend to fill the entire blade up to where single Cree start to dim towards the tip of the blade

The below thread is a good resource that you can use to compare the difference between Tri and single Cree colors

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40710.0

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 02:59:25 PM »

Same.

This is an older picture of my collection as it was 2-3 years ago.   Note the yellow and green blades in the center.  Those two look VERY much the way a "live" blade looks, though these are all pretty true-to-life.  Wish I could remember how I got that picture.  Smiley

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 04:05:29 PM »

Same.

This is an older picture of my collection as it was 2-3 years ago.   Note the yellow and green blades in the center.  Those two look VERY much the way a "live" blade looks, though these are all pretty true-to-life.  Wish I could remember how I got that picture.  Smiley

I have to admit Karm...

...I LOVE this pic!

Point my friend  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 06:48:47 PM »

LOL   I wish I still had a couple of those sabers.  :-)

Of the eight pictured, the red Dk Sentinel LE and the green Dark Apprentice LE are in the possession of my daughters.  Every other saber in that picture has wandered away, either through sales or gifting.
What I'm finding about myself is that I really only want 3-4 sabers.   Whenever I gather more, they sort themselves into the 3-4 that I handle ... and shelf queens.   And the shelf queens get sold to try new sabers out.  LOL

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: