Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about LEDs  (Read 615 times)
StupidSexyFlanders
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -34

« on: September 11, 2019, 05:17:11 AM »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm planning a future purchase and was wondering if there is a difference in the quality of the LED in a non emerald/diamond driver saber vs one with either of those drivers?
I already know their is a Tri cree option for standard sabers, but I'm talking about the default LEDs

Swardheld
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 02:07:27 PM »

I own several stunt sabers, some with older sound boards, one that's an Emerald driver and two that are Diamond versions. As far as I can tell they use the same LED units for all, unless you get a tri-cree LED unit. I've got a couple of stunt tri-cree sabers and for me the sabers are very much brighter than the standard ones. I've seen other posts that say the change is not that noticeable, but I'm light sensitive generally and I do see a difference when the room lights are dim.

Cheers!

GB Phantasm (2xInitiate V3 LE), RGB Raven, RGB Dark War Glaive, CG Dominix V3, DVA Archon V2, BR Dark Shock, CG Manticore, CG Dark Liberator V3, SY Graflex CE, AS Prophecy V3, AB Initiate V2, Em Chosen One, TCG Lost Grey, Diamond Menace CE pair, TCG Fulcrum, TGB Archon V3, VA Electrum Wind, Diamond Dominicide

StupidSexyFlanders
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -34

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 02:16:14 PM »

Thanks for the info!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 05:32:48 PM »

The standard boilerplate text in the saber description says it comes with "Seoul P4 or LED Engin High Powered LED" -- and both Seoul and LED Engin (aka Osram) are well-regarded in the LED production business.  So it looks like the choices are Seoul, LED Engin, or Cree, so I don't think you could go wrong with any of these.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: