Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Drilling into AV or guarded switch w/o breaking wiring?  (Read 1117 times)
Neon5010
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 13, 2019, 12:06:30 AM »

So here is my question, I want to make the consular hilt more movie accurate with at least the red Knurled screw as the activation switch.  I am thinking about possibly just drilling into the activation switch a couple of mm and then threading that little hole I made and just screwing in a small red knurled fingersccrew from Amazon or something. My question is will I be able to screw into the top of the AV/ guarded switch then thread that hole.  Or is there any other thoughts? I’m trying to as minimal  wire work as possible as I’m not good with it and the full blown wire work will be my next custom made (BY MEEEEE!!:)) saber.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 09:17:56 PM »

I would not recommend drilling into your switch. Too many things can go wrong.  I got my switch off of amazon.   It can be installed without soldering any wires. Here are some pictures. Just my advice, don't drill the switch!

Neon5010
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 01:12:35 AM »

thank you so much for the recomendation! i really like that look. my other idea was there is some knurled thumbscrews sold by the other guys and amazon probably that are like 3 dollars and i grabbed some 8/32 nuts (same thread as the thumb screw i believe) and im going to glue/cement the nut to the Av switch and use those threads as the connector. I will add pictures!! What would you recommend for metal to metal contact holding when i cant solder right there? like some JB weldsuper weld?

Neon5010
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 01:15:08 AM »

also how is it instaled with no soldering? I am ok with having to solder as it is just two wires with a non illuminated switch

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: