Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Building a first saber  (Read 1505 times)
Vorpal
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 16, 2019, 04:26:12 PM »

Hello everyone!
I am here to build my very first saber, hopping it will all fit together to create a badass weapon.
So, I will write down my preferences, I hope I am not overfitting, and if so, notify me what cannot be done and what I need to compromise with.

Preferences:
1. Radius - My hands are pretty small, (and not that strong), so I need a hilt that is not too wide, so I can comfortly grab it and move my waist along.
2. Length (Hilt) - I am looking for something that is not too long, as I want to hold it both with two hands, and with one hand, and train some moves with both options.
3. Spinning / Fighting - Would love to have something that I can practice spinning with, have never done something similar, so it needs to be doable for beginners.
There are many YouTube videos that features hilts that look very clean and comfort, but I cannot find out which one they use (or from where they got it)
4. Weight - Might be not too heavy, the thing is that I do want a long blade (32 or 36), so I must find a way to balance it as well...
5. Sounds and Effects - I do lean towards the Diamond one, as if I already invest in this, I might take something I can easily configure.

TL;DR: Not too wide or long, good for fighting, easy to move around, and also that has Diamond / Emerald available.

Those are the Hilts that I have found to be more appealing, after going over the store, but I am open to suggestions (as looks do matter on the wall eh)
AEON LE V5  (Very cool looking, although I have heard it is hard to fight or spin with due to the sharpness at the top, and it is a pretty long one)
SENTINEL LE V5    (Same as the Aeon V5, looks cool but long for one hand and the windows can be annoying for training)
SAVIOR                (Nothing to say much)
SENTINEL LE V4    (The looks are nice, but is it just me or it is pretty wide)
INITIATE LE V4     (Same as the Sentinel v4)
INITIATE V2          (Simple and alegant, maybe too simple, and sound is not available)
CATALYST             (I am still not sure I like the design, but I have heard it is a good one, and the dimensions sound good)
ELECTRUM WIND      (Might be too wide for my hands)
GRAND MASTER LE   (Looks very good, nothing to say much, I am not sure it fits what I am looking for in terms of practicing moves)

Thank you very much! I hope I haven't wrote too much, it is just that I want to find the best option for me.

P.S I haven't even talked about the configuration itself, as I have no idea what to do there as well, I got lost (tried to read the forum as well...)

LavenderLight
Force Sensitive

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 04:54:52 PM »

Hello everyone!
I am here to build my very first saber, hopping it will all fit together to create a badass weapon.
So, I will write down my preferences, I hope I am not overfitting, and if so, notify me what cannot be done and what I need to compromise with.

Preferences:
1. Radius - My hands are pretty small, (and not that strong), so I need a hilt that is not too wide, so I can comfortly grab it and move my waist along.
2. Length (Hilt) - I am looking for something that is not too long, as I want to hold it both with two hands, and with one hand, and train some moves with both options.
3. Spinning / Fighting - Would love to have something that I can practice spinning with, have never done something similar, so it needs to be doable for beginners.
There are many YouTube videos that features hilts that look very clean and comfort, but I cannot find out which one they use (or from where they got it)
4. Weight - Might be not too heavy, the thing is that I do want a long blade (32 or 36), so I must find a way to balance it as well...
5. Sounds and Effects - I do lean towards the Diamond one, as if I already invest in this, I might take something I can easily configure.

TL;DR: Not too wide or long, good for fighting, easy to move around, and also that has Diamond / Emerald available.

Those are the Hilts that I have found to be more appealing, after going over the store, but I am open to suggestions (as looks do matter on the wall eh)
AEON LE V5  (Very cool looking, although I have heard it is hard to fight or spin with due to the sharpness at the top, and it is a pretty long one)
SENTINEL LE V5    (Same as the Aeon V5, looks cool but long for one hand and the windows can be annoying for training)
SAVIOR                (Nothing to say much)
SENTINEL LE V4    (The looks are nice, but is it just me or it is pretty wide)
INITIATE LE V4     (Same as the Sentinel v4)
INITIATE V2          (Simple and alegant, maybe too simple, and sound is not available)
CATALYST             (I am still not sure I like the design, but I have heard it is a good one, and the dimensions sound good)
ELECTRUM WIND      (Might be too wide for my hands)
GRAND MASTER LE   (Looks very good, nothing to say much, I am not sure it fits what I am looking for in terms of practicing moves)

Thank you very much! I hope I haven't wrote too much, it is just that I want to find the best option for me.

P.S I haven't even talked about the configuration itself, as I have no idea what to do there as well, I got lost (tried to read the forum as well...)

Hey Vorpal! How are you? I personally own the Apprentice LE V4. I know that its light weight, Available with sound, and is smooth with a good choke point to spin. I love to spin it and even for the dueling portion of the saber's abibities, the light weight makes it an easy saber to wield for an extended period of time. I personaly love the Catalyst, but if you arnt syre you like the design. Dont get it. You really want to enjoy your Saber as much as possible. Also, the Catalyst is pretty long, but I personnaly belive that really helps keep things in motion while spinning. I own a Dark initiate LE v5, and it has the same spikes as the Aeon LE V5. Its super cool, but at high speeds the claws can cut you like razor blades. Its also very heavy. I dont recomend spinning this one. Electrum wind might be a little heavy and wide depending on the size of your hands. Dont take my word for it as I do not own it. Finally for the grandmaster I dont recommend. It will be hard to get a comfortable grip close to the top emitter for spinning. Again I dont own this but from experience in spinning, tricking and dueling, this saber would be moderately difficult to get a very nice grip on.

My Suggestions to you are the Catalyst/ Dark catalyst if you decide you like the nice elegant form of the hilt. It will be very smooth to swing, grip, and roll/spin to your hearts content. The Aeon v3 might be good to look at. you might even like the Aeon LE v2 or other similar handles.

Again this is JUST a SUGGESTION, but I would stay away from claws and spikes for spinning sabers. They add weight, and I have bled from them unfortunately.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 05:18:43 PM »

Hello everyone!

Preferences:

AEON LE V5  (Very cool looking, although I have heard it is hard to fight or spin with due to the sharpness at the top, and it is a pretty long one)
SENTINEL LE V5    (Same as the Aeon V5, looks cool but long for one hand and the windows can be annoying for training)
INITIATE V2          (Simple and alegant, maybe too simple, and sound is not available)
CATALYST             (I am still not sure I like the design, but I have heard it is a good one, and the dimensions sound good)
GRAND MASTER LE   (Looks very good, nothing to say much, I am not sure it fits what I am looking for in terms of practicing moves)

Just a heads up! The Aeon v5 is a comfortable wield for smaller hands IF you flip the claws. This can be done relatively simply, but if you dont the claws can poke at your hand if you grip by the choke.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 05:34:08 PM »

Hello everyone!

Preferences:

Vorpal!   I knew a guy who went by "Vorpal" for a long time.   Are you by any chance from the Baltimore area?  :-)

AS for suggestions:  I would whole-heartedly recommend the Catalyst or Dark Catalyst.   Its excellent for smaller hands, has a GREAT choke and feel, spins easily and is very lively in the hand.   I'd recommend a 32" blade with it, as the 36" can be just a bit insecure due to the shallow emitter/blade holder area.

And honestly, you simply cannot go wrong with an Aeon/Dominix V3 or V4.   I absolutely love the V4s.  The Initiates are also good, but you may find you want a larger premium pommel to extend the hilt a bit and counter-balance the blade for spinning/dueling.

Some examples of Initiates with larger pommels or extensions:

These are Initiate V3s, one has a War Glaive pommel and the other an Archon pommel

Same hilt without an upgraded pommel, for reference

The V3 is a great hilt, btw.  Very comfortable, but the War Glaive pommel makes is almost perfect with a 32" blade...

This is an Initiate V4 LE with an extension and a Malice Round pommel:

This is an Apprentice LE V4 with a Renegade Small pommel:

And my Dark Cat, with a Scorpion pommel:

An Aeon V3 next to another Initiate V3.   The Initiate V3 has a Catalyst pommel affixed.

And last but not least: A Guardian (for "wow" factor), an Aeon V4 with an Archon pommel, and a Dominix V4 LE with a renegade LE small pommel.

Lots of choices.  :-)   And you can order the upgraded pommel when you order the hilt, or get it "stock" and order an upgraded pommel later or just separate.   

But my money would be on the Aeon V4 (or Dominix V4 LE, if you prefer the dark hilt) or a Catalyst/Dark Catalyst.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 07:51:02 PM »

If you get one of the v4 sabers, I prefer to add the windows to the emitter.  To me, having the light spill out of the hilt like that just REALLY sets off the look!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 09:06:49 PM »

The V3, V4 & V5 line of lightsabers are all the same diameter - 1.45 inches, which all support the diamond controller card - which is the best, but most expensive controller card US sells, but in my opinion is well worth the added cost. The Shortest of them is either the Initiate, or Apprentice variants, at 9.875 inches in length. Also, all the V3, V4 & V5 line are 1 part hilts, with a MHS pommel.

I do not have a Catalyst hilt for the simple reason that the emitter is 2 parts with the led module glued into the center of them, which to me makes it a no go. I can't swap the emitter out unless I rewire the LED module. That wouldn't make a difference if you're buying it without wanting to later have the option of swapping LED's or emitters though, or as an empty hilt, but be aware of the way it is made.

Savior, Sentinel (any variant), Aeons and the like are either the same diameter, or barely a bit wider (1.5 inches compared to 1.45 inches), but are longer (a bit over 12 inches to almost 13 inches for the Savior).

The V2 line are very slim hilts, which is why they are only sold as stunt or empty hilts.

The Electrum Wind is a beast of a lightsaber. I owned one for a while before giving it away. It was just too unwieldy for my hands.

Grand Master is as slim as a V3, but the emitter is so heavily joined to the hilt you cannot take it apart without major deconstruction of the lightsaber. Not a first choice to use as build. (or 2nd or 3rd).

It's really up to you which you would buy to craft your own lightsaber. If you have the money though, I would suggest you buy one you're leaning towards, as a empty hilt, as a stunt, or some other variant, so you at least have one in hand so you can judge for yourself if it's one you would like to make your own. Going in blind can be a mistake. Even If you buy a used one, it's better to be able to check it out yourself then by going by an opinion. 

Note: I do not have a clawed lightsaber, EXCEPT the Dominicide - which is also a beast of a double bladed lightsaber. I dislike pointy things that can injure the user.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Vorpal
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 04:35:59 PM »

Thank you very much everyone! so nice of you Smiley, sorry on my delayed reply...
And I am doing great, thanks for the askers SmileySmiley

I personally own the Apprentice LE V4. I know that its light weight, Available with sound, and is smooth with a good choke point to spin.

I personaly love the Catalyst, but if you arnt syre you like the design. Dont get it. You really want to enjoy your Saber as much as possible. Also, the Catalyst is pretty long, but I personnaly belive that really helps keep things in motion while spinning.
My Suggestions to you are the Catalyst/ Dark catalyst if you decide you like the nice elegant form of the hilt. It will be very smooth to swing, grip, and roll/spin to your hearts content.

The Aeon v3 might be good to look at. you might even like the Aeon LE v2 or other similar handles.

Again this is JUST a SUGGESTION, but I would stay away from claws and spikes for spinning sabers. They add weight, and I have bled from them unfortunately.
Well thank you!
I will take a second look on the Catalyst, as it sounds really good. The Apprentice V4 seems abit off design wise.
You have suggested the Aeon v3, how is the v4? The v3 looks nice but I think the 4 one seems cooler.
And I guess I will stay away from claws and stuff, atleast for the first one.

---------------------

Just a heads up! The Aeon v5 is a comfortable wield for smaller hands IF you flip the claws. This can be done relatively simply, but if you dont the claws can poke at your hand if you grip by the choke.
What do you mean by flipping the claws kind sir? If it can be done I might take this one, as the design is awsome.
Will I be able to fight and move around once the claws (at the choke point) are gone?

---------------------

Vorpal!   I knew a guy who went by "Vorpal" for a long time.   Are you by any chance from the Baltimore area?  :-)

AS for suggestions:  I would whole-heartedly recommend the Catalyst or Dark Catalyst.   Its excellent for smaller hands, has a GREAT choke and feel, spins easily and is very lively in the hand.   I'd recommend a 32" blade with it, as the 36" can be just a bit insecure due to the shallow emitter/blade holder area.

And honestly, you simply cannot go wrong with an Aeon/Dominix V3 or V4.   I absolutely love the V4s.  The Initiates are also good, but you may find you want a larger premium pommel to extend the hilt a bit and counter-balance the blade for spinning/dueling.

Lots of choices.  :-)   And you can order the upgraded pommel when you order the hilt, or get it "stock" and order an upgraded pommel later or just separate.  

But my money would be on the Aeon V4 (or Dominix V4 LE, if you prefer the dark hilt) or a Catalyst/Dark Catalyst.

I am sorry, that is not me haha, but that might be some cosmic copy of me, or maybe I am his copy...

Any way, I will take a look over the Catalyst, and after watching some vidoes it does look pretty cool, and thanks for suggesting the blade lentgh as well!

The Aeon v3 and v3 are looking very nice. I didn't get the part of the initiates with the pommels, what those pommels do?

And man... All of your blades just look awsome! that is so cool! so hardd to pick from,
but if I go with my heart and put aside if it is good for fighting or not,
I might get the Initiate V4 LE (maybe even with your extention and pommel or whatver it is lol)
the Catalyst (I might even take the dark one, it is so cool with the yellow light)
or the Aeon V4 what looks great as well.

And yes... there are too many options haha! That is what this post is for isn't it... Thanks again for your pictures! Truly awsome stuff

---------------------

If you get one of the v4 sabers, I prefer to add the windows to the emitter.  To me, having the light spill out of the hilt like that just REALLY sets off the look!

Yes I totally agree! The question is how it affects fighting / spinning,
as I have seen a review in which the guy suggests wearing gloves, otherwise the windows might hurt your hand,
is it true?

---------------------

The V3, V4 & V5 line of lightsabers are all the same diameter - 1.45 inches, which all support the diamond controller card - which is the best, but most expensive controller card US sells, but in my opinion is well worth the added cost. The Shortest of them is either the Initiate, or Apprentice variants, at 9.875 inches in length. Also, all the V3, V4 & V5 line are 1 part hilts, with a MHS pommel.

I do not have a Catalyst hilt for the simple reason that the emitter is 2 parts with the led module glued into the center of them, which to me makes it a no go. I can't swap the emitter out unless I rewire the LED module. That wouldn't make a difference if you're buying it without wanting to later have the option of swapping LED's or emitters though, or as an empty hilt, but be aware of the way it is made.

Savior, Sentinel (any variant), Aeons and the like are either the same diameter, or barely a bit wider (1.5 inches compared to 1.45 inches), but are longer (a bit over 12 inches to almost 13 inches for the Savior).

The V2 line are very slim hilts, which is why they are only sold as stunt or empty hilts.

The Electrum Wind is a beast of a lightsaber. I owned one for a while before giving it away. It was just too unwieldy for my hands.

Grand Master is as slim as a V3, but the emitter is so heavily joined to the hilt you cannot take it apart without major deconstruction of the lightsaber. Not a first choice to use as build. (or 2nd or 3rd).

It's really up to you which you would buy to craft your own lightsaber. If you have the money though, I would suggest you buy one you're leaning towards, as a empty hilt, as a stunt, or some other variant, so you at least have one in hand so you can judge for yourself if it's one you would like to make your own. Going in blind can be a mistake. Even If you buy a used one, it's better to be able to check it out yourself then by going by an opinion.  

Note: I do not have a clawed lightsaber, EXCEPT the Dominicide - which is also a beast of a double bladed lightsaber. I dislike pointy things that can injure the user.

Thanks for the information about the sizes, they are really helpful.
I am not familiar with the parts concept, what do you mean by 1 or 2 parts?
Why would I swap LED's? If I am getting the diamond controller I can configure it can't I?
The long hilts, are they too long or they are good to go even for one handling them? And I find the Aeons look better than the savior or sentinel.
The Electrum Wind is unwieldy for your hands... I am afraid I will have the same problem then, so I might put it aside.
I will put aside the Grand Master as well.

No clawed lightsabers, but what about the windows for the emitters, or the Catalyst tip? Those cannot injure the user?

And thanks for the stunt suggestion, I might even take your advice and start from
a small thing like taking a simple thing like the Initiate v4 or Aeon v4
and the Diamond one would be something that looks good once I have more experience.

---------------------

TL;DR
I think I am now considering
Catalyst / Dark Catalyst,
Aeon v4 / Initiate v4 (with windows),
I still find the Sentinal v5 to look very nice, but I haven't heard about it yet,
and the Aeon v5, I will be waiting to hear about removing the claws, (as I am not sure it would look the same without them haha)

Thanks again everyone, have a nice weekend Smiley

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 10:15:48 PM »

Thanks for the information about the sizes, they are really helpful.
I am not familiar with the parts concept, what do you mean by 1 or 2 parts?

What I mean by the Catalyst emitter is in 2 parts, the thin neck that attaches to the hilt, the LED sits in this part and the clawed blade holder part of the emitter is screwed onto this neck to hold  the LED in place. There's no LED Module to socket in the emitter that can be swapped easily. To change emitters or the LED (if it's not a RGB-W or RGB-A colored LED), you would need to unsolder the leads. I can't find the thread in forums what shows a customization of a Catalyst emitter, but I know one is in the forums. If you get a Catalyst with diamond controller, you won't need to swap LED's so you'd be good there. But swapping the emitter would not be fun.

The long hilts, are they too long or they are good to go even for one handling them? And I find the Aeons look better than the savior or sentinel.

I own a stunt Aeon V4 and it is a fine saber, but for me they are just a bit too long for one handed EASY use. Same with the Sentinel line; The Savior is just about the same length, but had more grooves in it for a less comfortable grip. I used to prefer the Initiate/Apprentice line, since they are smaller and easily used one handed and can be "choked" for 2 handed use. I now am using a Bellicose since I just got one as a RAffle Entry last month. It just feels right in my hands.

The Electrum Wind is unwieldy for your hands... I am afraid I will have the same problem then, so I might put it aside.
I will put aside the Grand Master as well.

No clawed lightsabers, but what about the windows for the emitters, or the Catalyst tip? Those cannot injure the user?

The V5 line of lightsabers have SHARP windows on them and they will nick up your hands if you're not careful. Some people on forums have sanded the window edges to clean them up so they're not cutting up fingers. Claws on the new V5 line of lightsabers have very fine points on them. the Claws are held onto the lightsabers by roll/spring pins that can be removed if you're VERY careful. Some owners have reversed the claws so the pointier ends are away from where the saber is gripped at. Karmack reversed the claws on one of his.

And thanks for the stunt suggestion, I might even take your advice and start from
a small thing like taking a simple thing like the Initiate v4 or Aeon v4
and the Diamond one would be something that looks good once I have more experience.

---------------------

TL;DR
I think I am now considering
Catalyst / Dark Catalyst,
Aeon v4 / Initiate v4 (with windows),

I still find the Sentinal v5 to look very nice, but I haven't heard about it yet,

I have a Sentinel V5 and Dark Sentinel LE V5 which I reviewed in the forums here. I also have unboxing videos on You Tube. I won't link them here though, but my name there is the same: chalion

and the Aeon v5, I will be waiting to hear about removing the claws, (as I am not sure it would look the same without them haha)

Thanks again everyone, have a nice weekend Smiley

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 07:57:18 PM »

The Aeon v3 and v3 are looking very nice. I didn't get the part of the initiates with the pommels, what those pommels do?

Sorry for the delay!

I bought War Glaive pommels for the two Initiate V3s for two reasons: They add some length (the pommel is 1.75" long) and they are quite hefty in weight.  That adds a bit of length to the pommel but more importantly the weight balances out the 32" blade I prefer on these hilts, both physically and visually.  I've also used a Malice Round and an Archon pommel on these hilts with the 32" blade, but the War Glaive gives it the best feel.

On the full-up Aeon V3, I just prefer the tapered look of the Catalyst pommel.   Its pure elegance.   No other reason for that one, its just very, very nice.

Vorpal
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 04:18:20 AM »

I own a stunt Aeon V4 and it is a fine saber, but for me they are just a bit too long for one handed EASY use. Same with the Sentinel line; The Savior is just about the same length, but had more grooves in it for a less comfortable grip. I used to prefer the Initiate/Apprentice line, since they are smaller and easily used one handed and can be "choked" for 2 handed use. I now am using a Bellicose since I just got one as a RAffle Entry last month. It just feels right in my hands.

The Catalyst is somewhere in between the Aeon and Initiate line, or it is more close to the Initiate in a sense that you choke it for 2 handed use, and moslty it is for one handed.

The V5 line of lightsabers have SHARP windows on them and they will nick up your hands if you're not careful. Some people on forums have sanded the window edges to clean them up so they're not cutting up fingers. Claws on the new V5 line of lightsabers have very fine points on them. the Claws are held onto the lightsabers by roll/spring pins that can be removed if you're VERY careful. Some owners have reversed the claws so the pointier ends are away from where the saber is gripped at. Karmack reversed the claws on one of his.

Okay, I think I will pass on those as they require changes I am not sure I am up to doing, but the windows for the V4 that can be added, are they not sharp?

I have a Sentinel V5 and Dark Sentinel LE V5 which I reviewed in the forums here. I also have unboxing videos on You Tube. I won't link them here though, but my name there is the same: chalion
Thanks, watched them.

I bought War Glaive pommels for the two Initiate V3s for two reasons: They add some length (the pommel is 1.75" long) and they are quite hefty in weight.  That adds a bit of length to the pommel but more importantly the weight balances out the 32" blade I prefer on these hilts, both physically and visually.  I've also used a Malice Round and an Archon pommel on these hilts with the 32" blade, but the War Glaive gives it the best feel.

On the full-up Aeon V3, I just prefer the tapered look of the Catalyst pommel.   Its pure elegance.   No other reason for that one, its just very, very nice.

What about the Initiate V4, Aeon V4 and your Dark Catalyst, what were your additions to them and why?

I just can't decide between the Aeon v4 and Initiate v4 (if I go with that line, the main factor is length, and the second one is that the Aeon looks better alittle more in my opinion)
or the Catalyst (and the Dark one as well, even thought I have never thought I will get a dark saber haha)

Thanks for commenting and trying to help!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 02:21:00 PM »

The initiate V4 I added an extension and a Malice Round pommel.  I use a full-up 36" blade on this one for dueling (Heavy Grade) so the length gives me more control and more pommel weight to counter-balance the heavier blade.

The Aeon V4 I painted in a reverse LE scheme, using dark color where the LE has gold, and added an Archon pommel mainly for looks.  The V4s have a nicely tapered stock pommel which looks great by itself, I just like the flare of the Archon on there to add some character.

My Dark Catalyst, I replaced the tapered pommel with a MHS compatible Scorpion pommel.   This was pure aesthetics on my part, to make the hilt stand out a bit, but I found afterward that the pommel, which is longer and a bit heavier, better balances the blade and honestly with that pommel the Dark Cat handles like a dream.  Better even than my Aeon V4, which has always been my most "vorpal" blade.  :-)

On the down side, the Cat is more expensive.  But the difference is minimal, especially if you're going to trick it out with a Diamond and all the trimmings.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: