Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My First Lightsaber  (Read 2963 times)
JasmineGTea
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -20

An Extremely Calm Sith Lady

« on: September 24, 2019, 04:27:50 AM »

My first lightsaber. Well, technically not my first since I had toys before, but this is my first real lightsaber. At least real to me. XD
So it's a Prophecy v3. I got it with a Blue Illuminated AV Switch. I decided to make my first color, Bane's Heart with Silver-Flash-On Clash.
I wanted to go all out with my first saber so I ended up getting the Diamond Controller for this. I hope to learn how to make cool effects real soon once I get used to how things are converted and all that jazz. Hehe.
Probably shouldn't have done this but I got a Heavy-Grade blade for this saber. I like flowing but I kind of want to flow while still having that brute force strength behind my swings.
Because my history in fighting is martial arts(Taekwondo, Arnis and Kendo to be exact), I wanted to implement that kind of flowy style with Hard-Hitting sort of style.
 Smiley

Lightsabers: Prophecy v3(Diamond Controller) Archon v3.1(Diamond Controller)
Wishlist: Chosen One CE(Diamond), Graflex CE(Diamond)
"Know that there was once a Darth Traya. And that she cast aside that role, was exiled, and found a new purpose. But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."
―Kreia (Darth Traya)

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 05:29:29 AM »

Nice sabre, blue switch, silver hilt and banes heart go really well together which from just listing them together i would not have expected, Diamond is a great choice for every option possible though I'm sure you'll enjoy playing round with it.
And of course points for the Kreia quote - there must always be a Darth Traya indeed...

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

JasmineGTea
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 06:18:14 AM »

Yup. Originally I was planning to get an illuminated White switch with Blazing Red blade but I ended up getting a Blue switch and Bane's Heart blade. Reason being is that I watched a few reviews. Majority of them had illuminated white switches. Thought to myself, maybe I should get something different. It just so happened that the color of Bane's Heart with the Silver hilt and Blue switch really all complimented each other, which I'm really happy about. XD

"Know that there was once a Darth Traya. And that she cast aside that role, was exiled, and found a new purpose. But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."
―Kreia (Darth Traya)

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 07:19:39 AM »

Something different is always good. Nice looking saber, have never heard anybody that had one say they didn't like the Prophecy!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

JasmineGTea
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 03:02:06 PM »

Ever since I got the saber, I never went a day without using it. My dad and brother have sabers from like "the other guys" I should say according to the rules? Because they're on a budget. Today I plan on buying my brother his dream saber. Which is the Archon v3.1.

―Kreia (Darth Traya)

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 04:51:30 PM »

Yay JasmineGTea!! That is one good looking saber.  You totally sound like a badass!!

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 07:57:52 PM »

Ever since I got the saber, I never went a day without using it. My dad and brother have sabers from like "the other guys" I should say according to the rules? Because they're on a budget. Today I plan on buying my brother his dream saber. Which is the Archon v3.1.
Remember that the thinner neck on the v3.1 (as compared to the v2.1) makes it easier to bend when doing high-power dueling, so consider that before you purchase.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 09:37:15 PM »

Remember that the thinner neck on the v3.1 (as compared to the v2.1) makes it easier to bend when doing high-power dueling, so consider that before you purchase.

Agreed with this. the Archon v3.1 has a brass neck that when used and abused will bend.  In my opinion, this should be replaced with a higher tensile strength metal and gold anodizing used instead.

But about the Prophecy v3 with diamond. That is a great way to start with your lightsabers. If you're serious about using it, you may want to look into replacing the included pommel, for something with a little more weight to offset the heavy grade blade.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 11:28:59 PM »

Nice looking saber. That color combo looks better than I expected. My first saber was also a Prophecy and I love it. I see you also have a V4 pommel on it, NICE.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Gamble
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -254

Evil Only Has One Face

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 11:46:59 PM »

Congratulations on getting your first saber the prophecy V3 is a great way to start your collection. Good luck with future purchases:)

Guardian CE W/Obsidian V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 W/Obsidian Lite - Arctic Blue
Consular W/Obsidian V4 - Consular Green
Sentinel V4 W/Windows Stunt - Fire Orange

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 01:21:44 AM »

Definitely a nice saber for sure =] I say for your brother if he wouldn't mind it, go for a Dark Shock, then a Guardian pommel, then you can take off the fake thin section and call that a sort of thin neck, I did that once for my custom Shock Tongue Still had a nice feel for the saber too

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

JasmineGTea
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 05:23:09 AM »

Here are two pictures of saber class with my friend and my brother. Along with using my Prophecy for the first time in class.
Also I might consider getting the Shock for my brother now. Since he will be dueling a lot.

―Kreia (Darth Traya)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 04:19:17 PM »

Here are two pictures of saber class with my friend and my brother. Along with using my Prophecy for the first time in class.
Also I might consider getting the Shock for my brother now. Since he will be dueling a lot.

Wait, what?  Saber class?  With a huge area and a wall-size mirror? 

If you don't mind sharing here, where is this place, and how did you find it?  I'm in the metro Phoenix area, and it seems we have a dearth of training opportunities here, especially since I'm in the extreme northwest corner of said area.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2019, 05:59:54 PM »

Hello there, these are great pics. They show off how good the colours look, both to the camera lens and to human eye. (The reflection in the mirror is usually a better representation of the how the colour looks IRL)

(point incoming tomorrow as we can only award one per member, per day)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2019, 06:22:33 PM »

Wonderful pics Jasmine!  Your saber blade looks spectacular  Smiley

Speaking of...

My first lightsaber. Well, technically not my first since I had toys before, but this is my first real lightsaber. At least real to me. XD
So it's a Prophecy v3. I got it with a Blue Illuminated AV Switch. I decided to make my first color, Bane's Heart with Silver-Flash-On Clash.
I wanted to go all out with my first saber so I ended up getting the Diamond Controller for this. I hope to learn how to make cool effects real soon once I get used to how things are converted and all that jazz. Hehe.
Probably shouldn't have done this but I got a Heavy-Grade blade for this saber. I like flowing but I kind of want to flow while still having that brute force strength behind my swings.
Because my history in fighting is martial arts(Taekwondo, Arnis and Kendo to be exact), I wanted to implement that kind of flowy style with Hard-Hitting sort of style.
 Smiley

Gorgeous Prophecy!  Like you, I also am fond of the illuminated AV switches^^  Case in point: my Archon v3.1 and Apprentice v4 shoto for my character:

Again: great choice for your first saber!

Point to commemorate the occasion  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: