Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help Me Choose Between Renegade or Flamberge?  (Read 848 times)
VirtuaLRepulser
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 24, 2019, 11:46:19 AM »

Not sure what dueling saber to pick up for my Kylo Cosplay. The Renegade looks nicer (i love the emitters) but the Flamberge seems easier to weild. What do you prefer and why? Also not sure if i should get a 36 or 40 blade.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 11:57:00 AM »

Honestly, I like the Flamberge more after wielding the two of them, there aren't any sharp edges like the Renegade

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 01:06:29 PM »

I love the Renegade because it looks so menacing, but it is a beast and while mean looking; is not necessarily a good aesthetic accompaniment to a Kylo Ren cosplay.

The Flamberge will be a closer aesthetic and be much easier to wield if you’re actually dueling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 03:14:20 AM »

I would go with the Flamberge.
Not only does it actually look closer, it's not the beast to hold that the Renegade can be

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 06:43:08 AM »

At TFA opening night one of the guys had a Flamberge v2 with his Kylo costume. Probably the best costume there, and the Flamberge looked sweet with it. I don't know how they compare dueling wise, but my choice would be a Flamberge for sure.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 05:12:18 AM »

If you buy the v2 flamberge, get the charger port. Because the handle is so thin the battery pack won’t come out. This is how I broke the sound speaker on mine. It still lights up red.i got pissed and tore off the cross guard. No worries; they’ve been replaced with two dorinian pommels. They fit quite nicely. Everything except the v4 damn sound.

All I’m saying is the recharge port would be a wise choice. Take my word for it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: