Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Technique / saber time ideas /things to keep me occupoed(creative fun)  (Read 1747 times)
BlackAgates
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« on: September 24, 2019, 08:30:00 PM »

Please share your experience 👽
To start out, i began with simple artistry and choreography <well whar i can do by myself as i have no friends and am having difficulties finding any groups orgatherings in my area<south central_south NJ>,  i like to video cam myself doing battle and swinging/dancing, but i find its hit or miss and i dont know why most of my stuff looks not good at all,  i need some techniques and ideas for fun times  !

JasmineGTea
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -20

An Extremely Calm Sith Lady

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 07:33:45 AM »

For me, it's going to saber class and sparring or doing flow. I love choreography and graceful styles of flow. I do martial arts with my saber. Eskrima and Kendo. Practicing choreography from the Star Wars saber scenes. So far that's all I do saber-wise to keep myself occupied at the moment.

Lightsabers: Prophecy v3(Diamond Controller) Archon v3.1(Diamond Controller)
Wishlist: Chosen One CE(Diamond), Graflex CE(Diamond)
"Know that there was once a Darth Traya. And that she cast aside that role, was exiled, and found a new purpose. But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."
―Kreia (Darth Traya)

BlackAgates
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 01:49:23 PM »

i think it mostly comes down to form, otherwise your are using a lot of effort for something that isnt correct if you know what i mean.

Ill have to look more into saber class and similar.

.. I watched a video compiliation of all lightsaber duels in star wars films, they are actually some pretty intense combat sequences that you cant just swing around and think you are a jedi.

Also, meant to greet you in your intro post,  Cheesy

JasmineGTea
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -20

An Extremely Calm Sith Lady

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 02:29:04 PM »

Thank you. XD Yes, I am already very well-aware of how to actually wield Katana blades and Eskrima sticks. I been doing weapon fighting for approximately five years now. It's very interesting to me on how it can translate to flow and choreographed duels. The elegance of the dance is wild. Hehe.

Lightsabers: Prophecy v3(Diamond Controller) Archon v3.1(Diamond Controller)
Wishlist: Chosen One CE(Diamond), Graflex CE(Diamond)
"Know that there was once a Darth Traya. And that she cast aside that role, was exiled, and found a new purpose. But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."
―Kreia (Darth Traya)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 05:11:57 PM »

Thank you. XD Yes, I am already very well-aware of how to actually wield Katana blades and Eskrima sticks. I been doing weapon fighting for approximately five years now. It's very interesting to me on how it can translate to flow and choreographed duels. The elegance of the dance is wild. Hehe.

Back when I was FAR more limber than I am now, my mother commented on how my kata practice looked like dance, and now I think how much more interesting shows like Dancing With The Stars would be if they focused on combat moves as a dance style.  I know Len would never allow that, but still, it's fun to dream.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 05:53:53 PM »

I had a similar experience, I started spinning to do in cosplay and I didn't really have anyone to practice with.

I'd say it's super important to learn the basics and understand the fundamentals.  Sharp and clean technique is more important than pulling off a showy trick.  You'll be able to do more with less.  But that's just my opinion.

S2mikey
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 03:30:58 PM »

I had a similar experience, I started spinning to do in cosplay and I didn't really have anyone to practice with.

I'd say it's super important to learn the basics and understand the fundamentals.  Sharp and clean technique is more important than pulling off a showy trick.  You'll be able to do more with less.  But that's just my opinion.

Yes sir - get the basics down first and foremost. Then, slowly add speed.  Then body movement.  A "cool" showy move may generate a wow moment but if the rest of the performance is iffy then it wont matter.  That being said, bring on the showpiece moves! Cheesy

AEON L4, Tri-Cree Fire orange
Archon 2.1, Tri-Cree Gaurdian Blue
Dark Sentinel L4 - Tri-Cree Consular Green, Green AV switch
Initiate V3, Catalyst Pommel, Violet, AV switch

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: