Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: The Fallen  (Read 66421 times)
chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2020, 09:57:09 PM »

Actually, UltraSabers combat version is a lot sturdier when compared to other builders versions. Of course, I feel more comfortable being able to tear down a UltraSaber emitter from a hilt purchased from them, then say, one of the other builders hilts that cost insanely more money and take usually months longer to build and ship.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2020, 11:23:10 PM »

So,  For those of you that have the fallen, what would you say is the overall verdict? If I get a fallen with the standard emmitter, I should be OK? I won't have to worry about it falling apart? As for the combat version, are pieces falling off of that version that are supposed to be secure with a screw as opposed to a pin?

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

WhiNo the Ghost
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

Light side points preferred.

« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2020, 01:48:09 AM »

Never duelled, but have handled the crap out of my fallen combat emitter and everything is tight as hell. Can’t imagine it falling apart by any means. Never handled a standard issue for comparison, and haven’t gone through duels with it, but seems quite sturdy to me.

Currently own an Azure Fallen in UEHG GB Obsidian v4 sound

Next Saber: Grand Master in UEHG SRD Obsidian V4

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2020, 03:00:15 AM »

Note: My combat version did not "fall apart". I took a hammer and rubber tipped chisel to mine to get the screw covers off and then took the screws out to remove the shroud "fins". (yes, I voided the warranty, and am not afraid to admit it). The only "loose" parts, are the screw covers because I don't have a hot melt glue gun available and don't plan on using any glue because I want access to maybe modify the emitter to bring the shroud "fins" closer to the emitter body, plus maybe alter the screw covers.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2020, 04:05:24 PM »

I have a Combat-Ready emitter, and although I have not dueled with it, the shrouds are quite tight and firm, and the colored strips have shown zero signs of motion, no matter how much I have monkeyed with it.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2020, 06:15:55 PM »

Thanks people. This is good to know. I forsee a Fallen/Crimson Fallen,  in my near future. It WILL BE my raffle entry. Now I'm just trying to settle on the options it will have.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2020, 08:37:08 PM »

Note: My combat version did not "fall apart". I took a hammer and rubber tipped chisel to mine to get the screw covers off and then took the screws out to remove the shroud "fins". (yes, I voided the warranty, and am not afraid to admit it). The only "loose" parts, are the screw covers because I don't have a hot melt glue gun available and don't plan on using any glue because I want access to maybe modify the emitter to bring the shroud "fins" closer to the emitter body, plus maybe alter the screw covers.

Challion, I will probably be doing some mod work on mine in the near future.   If you could PM me any details you have on best practice to get that screw cover off I would appreciate it.   Also, what size are the screws?  Are they 8/32 or something else?  I think I saw it somewhere else but I can't find it now.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2020, 10:11:59 PM »

Screws are a thread size down from 8/32, but not metric. If you have a War Glaive emitter, the screws that hold the claws on are an EXACT match, except that they are button head instead of recessed head.

I went by trial and error (mostly error) on removing  the screw covers, but I would suspect, that using a heat gun or hairdryer to loosen the hot melt glue the gently use a non-metal implement to gently prize off the center covers. The covers, shroud and blade holder center are all aluminum, so being as gentle as possible is the key. My blunt force method basically shattered the glue bonds and did scuff up the top of the emitter and bent the first screw cover.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2020, 10:46:49 PM »

I went by trial and error (mostly error) on removing  the screw covers, but I would suspect, that using a heat gun or hairdryer to loosen the hot melt glue the gently use a non-metal implement to gently prize off the center covers. The covers, shroud and blade holder center are all aluminum, so being as gentle as possible is the key. My blunt force method basically shattered the glue bonds and did scuff up the top of the emitter and bent the first screw cover.

Gentle... so, not a good idea to use a MAPP torch as the heat source?   Grin

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2020, 10:51:02 PM »

Gentle... so, not a good idea to use a MAPP torch as the heat source?   Grin

Trying to soften the aluminum instead of the hot melt glue, are we?

Saberdestroyer20
Force Sensitive

« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2020, 10:54:57 PM »

Yes i have placed my order after much contemplation!! Sentinel yellow blade, yellow paint on hilt, yellow av switch. Dark Jedi style. All the bells and whistles. I will post after it has arrived with a bit of a review. US rules.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2020, 11:15:00 PM »

Yes i have placed my order after much contemplation!! Sentinel yellow blade, yellow paint on hilt, yellow av switch. Dark Jedi style. All the bells and whistles. I will post after it has arrived with a bit of a review. US rules.

That isn’t yellow paint; that’s anodizing, which is (simply put) a special protective oxide coating on the aluminum.  It’s applied by electrolysis, so it forms a chemical bond with the aluminum.  You can think of it as super-special aluminum (or aluminium, for the non-US folks) rust, if you like.  It’s far more durable than paint, although even mil-spec level III anodizing (which this is not, judging by the brightness of the colors achieved) can and will be worn off over time.

Skywalker1359
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #147 on: January 09, 2020, 12:07:36 AM »

Definitely a great looking saber. This is on my wish list. I don't really care for the anodized colors on any saber, I am more of a Black/Silver saber guy....but on this model, I just might make an exception. Right now I am waiting on my first saber, the Dark Initiate LE V5 with the Guardian Blue blade and Obsidian soundboard. I am getting ready to order the Emperor's Hand with the Obsidian Soundboard and the Blue Violet Amethyst blade. several sabers are on my wish list including the new Fallen

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2020, 03:54:01 AM »

Skywalker, the Emperor's Hand is awesome. One of my favorites. It is my only diamond saber. You're going to love it. If I  get the Crimson Fallen,  do I go SRD with silver FOC or PO with silver FOC? Or should I just get the black Fallen with emerald driver?

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2020, 11:02:43 PM »

Skywalker, the Emperor's Hand is awesome. One of my favorites. It is my only diamond saber. You're going to love it. If I  get the Crimson Fallen,  do I go SRD with silver FOC or PO with silver FOC? Or should I just get the black Fallen with emerald driver?

All really depends on what you want vs what you can afford. I would say, price out each version you're thinking of and see how much of an "ouch" factor you get. If it's too painful to go Emerald, then back off a bit, or just wait till you can save up more.

If it was my choice, i'd go Diamond for all the extra utility, but that's me. I already have a combat version Fallen LE w/Diamond and am waiting on another combat version Fallen (black) w/Diamond purchased during this Winter Raffle. 10% off + free shipping also helps out.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: