Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Adding sound to Stunt saber  (Read 1453 times)
myeanth2
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 03, 2019, 10:13:20 PM »

I recently receive a free grab bag saber with my order and wish to add sound to it, to make this possible would i need to redirect the LED and switch Wires to the sound board individually or can i just attach the Red and black wires ( 2 wires coming from switch/LED's) straight to the sound board?

from what i have seen everything attaches to the soundboard right?

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 01:03:47 AM »

From my understanding, you are correct.

Here's a link to the forum topic showing the wiring diagrams for US boards.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=30862.0

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

myeanth2
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 09:27:44 AM »

So I'd have to seperate the Led and switch leads as i can't gain access to the Hilt as I have a dark sentinel v5 so all I have is the Led and switch connections ( which I can't reach)

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 09:01:33 PM »

Yes, you would need to solder on new longer leads on the LED module and switch so that they were long enough to reach the sound board when it's pulled out of the hilt. (thus voiding the warranty).

If you have a latching switch that would have to be replaced with a momentary switch anyway, since a latching switch wouldn't work.  Since it's a Dark Sentinel, the latching AV switch is the same size as the momentary AV switch. (16 mm). An illuminated switch adds more complication because of the extra led channels needing to be wired to the alt light tabs on the sound card.

The current switch you have should be held in with hot melt glue, easily removed with use of a hairdryer, or something similar. (Note; care needs to be taken when trying to lever out the switch, you may mar the anodizing if using metal tools). The LED Module then can be unscrewed from the LED base without cutting or unsoldering the wires to pull the whole set of wired guts out of the hilt thru the base.

Example: The new LED wires would need to be the length of the hilt, plus maybe an extra 6 inches to allow the batteries to be replaced/access to the sound card. Maybe 4 inches at the top, if you're interested in LED swapping plus JST connectors or similar.  The wires for the switch can be shorter because it will be set in mid hilt and shouldn't need to be easily removed later. But the tail into the sound card needs to be there to allow the access I stated above.

myeanth2
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 11:22:38 PM »

Awesome I'll get right on it... Would the currently battery pack work ( 4 1.5v Lr03

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 11:27:47 PM »

No. The Obsidian v3 & v4 & diamond controller use 2 - 3.7v li-ion batteries. The Obsidian lite uses 4 - AAA batteries, but the board is very limited and you can't customize the fonts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: