Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello fellow addicts  (Read 974 times)
Crystis
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

With a great hobby comes great money.

« on: October 09, 2019, 07:43:49 AM »

Hello friends, just wanted to do a basic introduction as I'm not one to normally join a forum but I just recently got into this hobby as an avid Star Wars fan and an avid watcher of combat dueling videos, and I love it and want to learn more. I just recently caved in and bought my ultra-edge heavy grade blade mystery box, as I want to get into combat dueling. May or may not have wanted to cry when I found out it didn't have sound and wasn't my color, but still instantly fell in love with my stunt saber and may have developed a gambling addiction to want to try again for that glorious sound, despite my wallet suffering to comply. Hope to speak and befriend many of you already into dueling and into the electronics of this hobby as I have much to learn.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 10:58:25 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum, Cystis. I was the same way when I first bought my stunt saber thinking that combat was the way to go but I got into building them and the artistry side of it. I have more than I want to admit but it's a great addiction so welcome to the place where we won't ever tell you not to buy another

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 12:43:49 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum, there's nothing like opening your 1st mystery box. Except, opening your 2nd one...and the 3rd, and so on.  If I may make a suggestion, look over the (large and pretty sweet) selection of sabers and options, and find the one that calls to you the loudest.  (warning: many of them will whisper..you need me in your collection) make your next purchase, THE purchase. Pick THAT  saber and build it the way you want it to be.  Add sound of course, maybe FOC, or illuminated av switches,  whatever you want.  Trust me, it'll be worth every penny to you. Welcome to your new addiction my friend.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 04:09:14 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum, there's nothing like opening your 1st mystery box. Except, opening your 2nd one...and the 3rd, and so on.  If I may make a suggestion, look over the (large and pretty sweet) selection of sabers and options, and find the one that calls to you the loudest.  (warning: many of them will whisper..you need me in your collection) make your next purchase, THE purchase. Pick THAT  saber and build it the way you want it to be.  Add sound of course, maybe FOC, or illuminated av switches,  whatever you want.  Trust me, it'll be worth every penny to you. Welcome to your new addiction my friend.

YES!!!!  This is good advice!  I have been waiting for over a year to make my choice, even though I thought I was ready back in May, when UltraSabers was at a convention in my town.  Instead, although I was able to remove a few from my list, more than that number got added, and I was unable to choose ONE.

This current sale (plus the recent release of two new sabers) just might push me over the edge, though.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Crystis
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

With a great hobby comes great money.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 06:35:05 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum, there's nothing like opening your 1st mystery box. Except, opening your 2nd one...and the 3rd, and so on.  If I may make a suggestion, look over the (large and pretty sweet) selection of sabers and options, and find the one that calls to you the loudest.  (warning: many of them will whisper..you need me in your collection) make your next purchase, THE purchase. Pick THAT  saber and build it the way you want it to be.  Add sound of course, maybe FOC, or illuminated av switches,  whatever you want.  Trust me, it'll be worth every penny to you. Welcome to your new addiction my friend.

Good advice indeed. I'll just have to find time inbetween where I'm rollin enough credits to do so. I'm still putting together a helmet and gloves so I can begin sparring, and when it comes to the electronics aspect I'm clueless, so it makes me have to see about getting me one with atleast some nice sound to start rather than leaving it to myself to add some...one day.

I know that ultra sabers does some random deals every now and then, was there ever a time where you were able to snag a saber with sound for under 200?

Ilowarith
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -16

Dark leaning, but will allow the Force to choose.

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 08:18:01 PM »

Welcome to the forum and the addiction!

If I may make a suggestion...make your next purchase, THE purchase. Pick THAT  saber and build it the way you want it to be.  Add sound of course, maybe FOC, or illuminated av switches,  whatever you want.  Trust me, it'll be worth every penny to you. Welcome to your new addiction my friend.

I agree that's good advice. That's exactly what I'm waiting to do, & get a diamond raven Smiley

Good is a point of view.

My sabers : Aeon v4 - CG - OBS LITE  - Green-silver AV - catalyst pommel - |w| ~ $75 MB upgraded
Electrum Wind - Diamond - VA - SY FoC
Sentinel v4 - Stunt - BR - Silver AV  ~ $75 MB
Dark Apprentice v4 - Stunt - BR
Aeon v4 - Stunt - AB - Silver AV ~ 2020 Spring raffle 4th place
Aeon v3 - Stunt - CG - Silver AV ~ $75 MB

Wishlist : Raven SS, Crimson Butcher, Crimson Savior, Emperor's Hand, Menace SE staff, Crimson Scorpion, Manticore, Flamberge v2, Dark Graflex, Lost Grey, Guardian, Dark Standard Issue v3, & Dark Apprentice LE v5

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 08:21:21 PM »

After the Great Halloween Giveaway, The Fall Raffle should start first week of November, for about 2 weeks, with a 10% coupon code to reduce prices, with a chance to win a free lightsaber, if you spend more than $250 after any discounts, not including shipping.  That's probably the best chance before the end of the year to get a discount on a lightsaber you can build to your specs.

There's also a small chance that one of the "Deals of the Day" will give a bigger overall discount, but on specific lightsaber(s), but that's on UltraSabers to decide if/when that happens.

You can also check some of the resale sites like e bay to see if someone is selling one of their unwanted lightsabers for a lower price than here, but no warranty, so buyer beware. I've purchased used lightsabers before to experiment on without worrying about hacking up one I purchased new.

My suggestion though. If you're really set on getting premium sound (or better) and just don't have the cash right now, save up until you can afford it. Buying a mystery box is a good way to go for most people, but if you're really looking for something specific, save up for it.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 02:17:56 AM »

Welcome to the forum.
And I see the addiction has been found as well

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 01:00:09 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: