Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: BEST JOKER: Ledger vs Phoenix  (Read 1525 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: October 10, 2019, 01:03:49 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXKCuLbw-30" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXKCuLbw-30</a>

jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 04:16:04 PM »

The best joker:

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 04:32:11 PM »

The best joker:

Funnily enough, there's a video for that as well

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz8AXNi4wnI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz8AXNi4wnI</a>

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 05:07:54 PM »

I know he's technically only the voice but Mark is still THE Joker for me

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 05:17:45 PM »

Romero, Nicholson, Hamill, Ledger and now Phoenix. Everyone has put their own unique spin on the character and it has always produced wonderful results (and, yes, I purposely left Leto off the list as we don't about him).

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 05:23:41 PM »

Romero, Nicholson, Hamill, Ledger and now Phoenix. Everyone has put their own unique spin on the character and it has always produced wonderful results (and, yes, I purposely left Leto off the list as we don't about him).

See I don't even hate Leto (though I dont put him anywhere NEAR the likes of Nicholson & Hamill). I do have a personal distaste for Ledger. Now dont get me wrong, his acting and character was superb in TDK, but I don't enjoy him as much as a joker if that makes any sense. Same thing with Leto for me, both did a good job acting out their character I think, but neither captured the joker for me.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 05:36:33 PM »

See I don't even hate Leto (though I dont put him anywhere NEAR the likes of Nicholson & Hamill). I do have a personal distaste for Ledger. Now dont get me wrong, his acting and character was superb in TDK, but I don't enjoy him as much as a joker if that makes any sense. Same thing with Leto for me, both did a good job acting out their character I think, but neither captured the joker for me.
For me, Leto was just a gangster with some personality quirks. Nothing about his performance said "joker" to me. However, I think that Ledger perfectly encapsulated the anarchic and unpredictable qualities of the Joker. But that is the wonderful thing about the character. He is so multifaceted and complex that an actor can always find something to focus on when playing him.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 05:42:31 PM »

For me, Leto was just a gangster with some personality quirks. Nothing about his performance said "joker" to me. However, I think that Ledger perfectly encapsulated the anarchic and unpredictable qualities of the Joker. But that is the wonderful thing about the character. He is so multifaceted and complex that an actor can always find something to focus on when playing him.

For me Ledger almost struck me as less crazy and more and extremist with a societal agenda. Like he wasnt about the true insanity or chaos, he was constantly trying to make a point. Everything he did felt like he was trying to force the victim to confront some dark side of themselves, where for me the Joker is a character who does horrible things because he takes everything as a twisted joke. Leto had a similar issue; he played a really interesting gangster type character, it just didnt feel like the joker, because at the end of the day both Ledger and Leto for me felt remarkably sane for a Joker.

Havent quite seen the new movie yet but everything i've seen/read lends to the thought that Phoenix plays up the insanity very well.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 05:48:43 PM »

For me Ledger almost struck me as less crazy and more and extremist with a societal agenda. Like he wasnt about the true insanity or chaos, he was constantly trying to make a point. Everything he did felt like he was trying to force the victim to confront some dark side of themselves, where for me the Joker is a character who does horrible things because he takes everything as a twisted joke. Leto had a similar issue; he played a really interesting gangster type character, it just didnt feel like the joker, because at the end of the day both Ledger and Leto for me felt remarkably sane for a Joker.

Havent quite seen the new movie yet but everything i've seen/read lends to the thought that Phoenix plays up the insanity very well.
This is why I love the subjectivity of movies. People can all watch the same movie and have different opinions on the acting/story/characters.

As for the latest movie, check out my non-spoiler review if you like. It's a very different kind of movie, not at all comic-booky (which definitely works).

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 05:53:26 PM »

This is why I love the subjectivity of movies. People can all watch the same movie and have different opinions on the acting/story/characters.

As for the latest movie, check out my non-spoiler review if you like. It's a very different kind of movie, not at all comic-booky (which definitely works).

Had read that already! I'm really excited to go see it.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 05:56:40 PM »

Had read that already! I'm really excited to go see it.
When you going to see it?

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2019, 10:07:18 PM »

When you going to see it?

When paycheck.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2019, 02:47:02 PM »

To me, it’s Heath and Mark tied for first place, then Jack and Mr. Phoenix. Just my opinion though

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2019, 03:15:15 PM »

To me, it’s Heath and Mark tied for first place, then Jack and Mr. Phoenix. Just my opinion though
To me it's:

1st - Mark Hamill (purely because he's voiced the character so many times he's really fleshed him out perfectly)
2nd - Heath Ledger
3rd - Jack Nicholson
4th - Joaquin Phoenix (only because we got more of his origin than the character)
5th - Caesar Romero
6th - Jared Leto

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2019, 04:38:24 PM »

1) Mark Hamill
2) Jack Nicholson
3) Heath Ledger
4) Jared Leto
5) Caesar Romero

Havent seen Joaquin yet will update when i do.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: