Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: New RPG 2019/2020 Launch Discussion Thread.  (Read 687 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 731

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« on: October 11, 2019, 07:08:18 AM »

Okay, I'm really tired of this section just sitting and rotting, basically. It's been nearly a year now since we first discussed relaunching the thing, our GMs have been missing for months, and it never actually launched.

Well I'm about to change that. I'd really like to get a new RP off the ground again. I'll be running it this time, since I'm a moderator, that should't be an issue. If the GMs return, I can always pass the reigns back to them if they'd like. So it WILL actually happen, unless for some reason I'm literally the only one interested.  Cheesy

I'm wiping the slate clean. Do we still want Old Republic era? Do we want to throw cannon to the wind and go classic NJO? OT era? Clone Wars? Sequel Trilogy era? Just make up our own isolated thing? Do we even want Star Wars, I'm open to doing non-SW too, if that's what we want.

Personally? I say screw Disney cannon and go NJO or even One Sith era. That or Old Republic. I'm in favor of wiping canon whatever we do, so we won't be mired down by it in the least.

But of course it's up to you guys. DISCUSS AWAY!

(Sig by me!)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -156

Dark Side Scholar

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 07:26:44 AM »

Okay, I'm really tired of this section just sitting and rotting, basically. It's been nearly a year now since we first discussed relaunching the thing, our GMs have been missing for months, and it never actually launched.

Well I'm about to change that. I'd really like to get a new RP off the ground again. I'll be running it this time, since I'm a moderator, that should't be an issue. If the GMs return, I can always pass the reigns back to them if they'd like. So it WILL actually happen, unless for some reason I'm literally the only one interested.  Cheesy

I'm wiping the slate clean. Do we still want Old Republic era? Do we want to throw cannon to the wind and go classic NJO? OT era? Clone Wars? Sequel Trilogy era? Just make up our own isolated thing? Do we even want Star Wars, I'm open to doing non-SW too, if that's what we want.

Personally? I say screw Disney cannon and go NJO or even One Sith era. That or Old Republic. I'm in favor of wiping canon whatever we do, so we won't be mired down by it in the least.

But of course it's up to you guys. DISCUSS AWAY!

I've always had interest in this section, so im happy to see it getting new life! I'd be open to anything personally.

Through passion, I gain strength

-Butcher "Ash" Fire Orange
-Frankensaber "Inferno" Pyrestone Orange
-Aeon V3 LE "Bastion" Arctic Blue
-Aeon V5 "Sage" Consular Green

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 07:50:06 AM »

Yeah, it's been far too long. I can't remember the last time we had the a real RP going and the section was active. I believe it's been years. I'm really excited to get this up and running again!

(Sig by me!)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Dark Side Scholar

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 10:22:51 AM »

So would the thought be to nuke the existing threads and start over or just a soft reboot and archive the old ones? Just curious for how it would be organized.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 02:58:34 PM »

So would the thought be to nuke the existing threads and start over or just a soft reboot and archive the old ones? Just curious for how it would be organized.

I wasn't involved with most of them, and I don't have the time to go back and read them. If I do that, we'll never get started lol. I'm going to have those be null and void... maybe delete them all together. I want us to start fresh, so we have full creative control. New characters, everything.

(Sig by me!)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1861

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 06:47:17 PM »

Agreed. We need to get it back up and running. Hopefully B1onde and/or Krace is around somewhat to see that there is interest here.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind doing something during the Clone Wars time period, but I don't care if it relates to the Galactic Republic or the Confederacy of Independent Systems at all. I just like the timeline. That would be my vote for time period.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 555

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 08:29:45 AM »

Agreed. We need to get it back up and running. Hopefully B1onde and/or Krace is around somewhat to see that there is interest here.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind doing something during the Clone Wars time period, but I don't care if it relates to the Galactic Republic or the Confederacy of Independent Systems at all. I just like the timeline. That would be my vote for time period.

I'd like to do something along the lines of the Clone Wars but less Jedi/Sith and more Bounty Hunter/Mandalorian kinda thing.

I get this idea from the Republic Commando novels by Karen Traviss, where the Jedi and Sith are there, but nobody cares and tries to live without their interference.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 12:12:57 PM »

I'd like to do something along the lines of the Clone Wars but less Jedi/Sith and more Bounty Hunter/Mandalorian kinda thing.

I get this idea from the Republic Commando novels by Karen Traviss, where the Jedi and Sith are there, but nobody cares and tries to live without their interference.

I'm down for that. I have an idea for an ex-Jedi character that will fit quite nicely in that scenario. Wink

(Sig by me!)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 03:39:33 PM »

More or less this exactly.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 04:54:00 PM »

I like the idea of the Jedi being a background thing, but I have a feeling a lot of people will end up wanting to be Jedi. (Sith are obviously out of the question.) So I guess I'd be the only Force user? (GM privilege on that one.)

(Sig by me!)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Dark Side Scholar

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 07:05:05 AM »

I like the idea of the Jedi being a background thing, but I have a feeling a lot of people will end up wanting to be Jedi. (Sith are obviously out of the question.) So I guess I'd be the only Force user? (GM privilege on that one.)

I'd be okay with this

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 07:34:30 AM »

I'd need a more powerful character to help nudge things along.... plus this IS a lightsaber forum, there should be at least one lightsaber in the RP, I feel.

(Sig by me!)

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 555

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 09:12:56 AM »

I'd need a more powerful character to help nudge things along.... plus this IS a lightsaber forum, there should be at least one lightsaber in the RP, I feel.

and so the person with a lightsaber isn't completely overpowered, we could also try to make it (somewhat) Mandalorian centered, to give Beskar armor and weapons to those who earn them

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 02:14:49 PM »

and so the person with a lightsaber isn't completely overpowered, we could also try to make it (somewhat) Mandalorian centered, to give Beskar armor and weapons to those who earn them

Well my character quit the Order while still a Padawan, so she isn't mega powerful. Most Jedi approaching Knighthood would be favored against her. I think the Fetts would probably kick her butt tbh. She quit right before her trials, cause she was not feeling the restrictions of the Order, and her Master thought she had a good chance of failing anyway.

I'm down for Mandalorians and Beskar/Cortosis armor though.

(Sig by me!)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 06:59:44 PM »

Beskar/Cortosis would need to be pretty rare/hard to get even if TJ had a force user.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: