Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Fallen LE with sound comparison  (Read 5605 times)
StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 11:59:30 PM »

OMG, I love what you did with the dark graflex...just what that saber needed for the perfect accent!!!

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2019, 12:46:42 AM »

Found it. I just edited it, but I never said a word in the video. I will say this, the Dark Graflex is an really nice looking Lightsaber and i'm glad to have one in my arsenal. BUT................ a fully anodized hilt is easily scratched.  When I did the above review, the Dark Graflex had many scratches on it. I barely used this lightsaber, only used it a couple times since getting it and kept it wrapped in a cloth towel when in storage and it still got dinged up. The Graflex SE I purchased at the same time in almost pristine in comparison. While it does have a few minor scratches, it doesn't look as used/abused.

Video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-H80LPREPM&feature=youtu.be#

I bought the stunt version of this hilt at DragonCon this year and I LOVE it!  Mine did not come with a gold button, this one had flat black button.  I find myself more drawn to this one, the color and the texture with the anodizing...what's not to love.  I may have to eventually upgrade this one to potentially a diamond...this or my emperor's hand..both feel good as one or two hand duelers.  The gold button looks good on it, but the black just gives it a more sinister appearance.  I am glad you found your video!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2019, 12:51:09 AM »

This is a short review video for the new Fallen LE, with diamond. This lightsaber is a beast, at 16 inches in length, about 1.5 inches width. The grip, as others who own this, is very comfortable. The cross pattern (into small rectangles), keeps your grip solid.  The emitter shroud is solid, no wobble at all. When I removed the emitter, I was able to see where the screws are that hold it together, but I fear I may damage the anodizing if I try to pull that cover off. It is not made to be user removed. The emitter itself is 4 inches in length and the pommel is 2-3/4 inches. The Blade depth into the emitter is about 3 inches and the knurled screws can be removed, so maybe 2 more screws can be used as more blade retention screws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxeDGOSOd1g#

I compare the sound against my Archon v2.1 and Dark Graflex, all 3 with diamond sound. The video does NOT tell you how loud this one is. My ears are still ringing from this.

My mistake in the video. I had ordered the recharge port so it's part of the extra I ordered to get the free initiate v2 and Aeon LE v2(grab bag). I also received an Apprentice V4.

In my opinion, if you want to be loud and bold, get a Fallen. It will be the biggest, loudest and baddest lightsaber you can get.  Now that I have it, I now just can't wait till the emitters come up for seperate sale. They are beautiful. The pommel, I probably will hold off getting more, the higher amount of sound it allows just seems too much at the moment. Maybe when I can hear again, I may change that.

Just saw this one.  DUDE!  How or what did you do to paint that midsection?  Did you have to seal it?  You got me thinking about that now......  LOVE IT!  It does seem to have a pause, as you stated, when powering on and shutting off...maybe something programmed in the card?  Awesome video my friend!  Giving you points...

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2019, 02:00:18 AM »

Thanks Challion!   This pretty much confirms what my next saber purchase will be!   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2019, 01:44:42 PM »

Note: I just connected my Fallen LE to my computer via the launcher and it was running firmware version 2.3.2. Just making a note to make sure people know this.

For those of us who are about to become Diamond owners (I hope), what is the relevance of this particular version of the firmware?  Are you pointing out that it has the latest version, or that it will need to be updated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2019, 12:16:05 AM »

For those of us who are about to become Diamond owners (I hope), what is the relevance of this particular version of the firmware?  Are you pointing out that it has the latest version, or that it will need to be updated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's nothing majorly wrong with the older version, just not updated with minor fixes and such you get from periodic updates to normal firmware updates. I'm just making the comment that the place UltraSabers gets their diamond boards made is not using the same version of firmware as the US Launcher has.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2019, 08:28:41 PM »

There's nothing majorly wrong with the older version, just not updated with minor fixes and such you get from periodic updates to normal firmware updates. I'm just making the comment that the place UltraSabers gets their diamond boards made is not using the same version of firmware as the US Launcher has.
Thanks.  You're telling us that we can (and likely should) update the firmware on the Diamond board when we get our sabers.

I appreciate the tip, as well as the clarification, because the data point of the on-board version number all by itself was not enough for me to know the action required.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2019, 09:00:00 PM »

Thanks.  You're telling us that we can (and likely should) update the firmware on the Diamond board when we get our sabers.

I appreciate the tip, as well as the clarification, because the data point of the on-board version number all by itself was not enough for me to know the action required.

Usually the latest firmware released by the manufacturer (in this case, UltraSabers), is the most stable version. I did notice some lag with the activation/shutoff of the older version, but not with the latest one.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2019, 09:16:22 PM »

Usually the latest firmware released by the manufacturer (in this case, UltraSabers), is the most stable version. I did notice some lag with the activation/shutoff of the older version, but not with the latest one.
Oh, agreed!  It's just that the version number alone was not enough for me to know it wasn't the latest.  Remember, I don't own any Diamond sabers yet, so it's ALL new to me.

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2019, 01:54:40 AM »

Oh, agreed!  It's just that the version number alone was not enough for me to know it wasn't the latest.  Remember, I don't own any Diamond sabers yet, so it's ALL new to me.

I've my own routine with my Diamond controlled lightsabers. After I receive them, I connect them via the launcher, back up the original files then make sure the firmware is up to date.  I'm not a font tinkerer like some of the more adventurous forum members are, but I have tried to change the software settings and lost the first few files, like on my Consular...........tried loading that dang cat font file and messed it up royally.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2019, 05:10:26 PM »

I've my own routine with my Diamond controlled lightsabers. After I receive them, I connect them via the launcher, back up the original files then make sure the firmware is up to date.  I'm not a font tinkerer like some of the more adventurous forum members are, but I have tried to change the software settings and lost the first few files, like on my Consular...........tried loading that dang cat font file and messed it up royally.

As with any computer work, the old advice to back up early and often is quite applicable here.  Thanks for the reminder.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2019, 01:36:07 AM »

I’ve had my emerald with sound Dark Graflex for a while. You know it was fun using the ancient saber clashes as swings and reversing the swings with clashes. However  I when did that I did have to lower the volume somewhat. One of you should try it some time. Just set the emerald to a slow pulse.

Must only be Causality.

SparHawk ByA
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2019, 04:46:34 PM »

Nice Saber. I love the Fallen. Looking forward to getting one but have to wait. Winter/Christmas is Coming...lol

Sabers so far:
Aeon LE V5 (Diamond Fire Orange)
Initiate V4 w/Windows (Blazing Red)
Dark Initiate LE V4 W/Windows (Emerald Green)
Aeon V4 w/Windows (Obsidian Lite Arctic Blue)
Dominix LE V4 w/Windows (Obsidian Lite Blazing Red)
Remnant (Neopixel)
Frankensaber (Obsidian Lite Guardian Blue)
Baby Frankensaber (Consuler Green)
Crimson Fallen (Obsidian Lite Fire Orange)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: