Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Menace/Obsidian Lite sound issues  (Read 662 times)
Chauntalei
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -9

« on: October 12, 2019, 12:14:53 AM »

Hi all,

I have a Dark Menace w/AAA power & Obsidian Lite sound that I bought a couple of years ago, and with Halloween coming up, I threw some freshly charged AAA's in for the first time in a while. On startup, it no longer makes the original power up sound. Instead, the blade lights immediately, but the speaker just gives off what sounds like 8 short alarm beeps, followed by 2-3 seconds of the 'idle blade' sound, and then back to the 8 alarm beeps, followed by 2-3 seconds of 'idle blade'. When I power it down, it makes the normal shut off sound and powers down like normal. I'm not sure if there's any way to reset the board or anything like that, so if anyone might have any troubleshooting tips, that would be appreciated! Thank you!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 01:48:51 PM »

Hi all,

I have a Dark Menace w/AAA power & Obsidian Lite sound that I bought a couple of years ago, and with Halloween coming up, I threw some freshly charged AAA's in for the first time in a while. On startup, it no longer makes the original power up sound. Instead, the blade lights immediately, but the speaker just gives off what sounds like 8 short alarm beeps, followed by 2-3 seconds of the 'idle blade' sound, and then back to the 8 alarm beeps, followed by 2-3 seconds of 'idle blade'. When I power it down, it makes the normal shut off sound and powers down like normal. I'm not sure if there's any way to reset the board or anything like that, so if anyone might have any troubleshooting tips, that would be appreciated! Thank you!

If you are using, as you suggest, rechargeable AAA batteries, that is your most likely culprit. The OBsidian lite requires 6 volt power and rechargeables usually only deliver 4.8 volts. That drop of ~1.2 volts is enough to trigger the low power warning and not allow use of the lightsaber. IF you put in regular 4-AAA batteries and it works fine, then that's your problem.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

PrincessKnowItAll
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 09:33:01 PM »

If you stored it with the batteries in it, the batteries may have slightly leaked getting debris on the battery terminals. I recommend cleaning the battery terminals.

To clean the battery terminals, please use a Q-Tip dipped in vinegar to clean the terminals and then another Q-Tip dipped in water to remove any debris. Once the battery terminals are completely dry install the brand new AAA Alkaline batteries (make sure none of them are upside down).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: