Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Guardian Diamond Controller not connecting to the App  (Read 1655 times)
AEAstro
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 12, 2019, 02:18:01 AM »

So I just got my guardian with the diamond controller and wanted to make some changes. So I took out the board by the speaker and plugged it into my computer and it did not trigger on that app that it was connected to a diamond controller. Please help.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 01:30:24 PM »

So I just got my guardian with the diamond controller and wanted to make some changes. So I took out the board by the speaker and plugged it into my computer and it did not trigger on that app that it was connected to a diamond controller. Please help.

I get this sometimes. I've a few questions/suggestions to put to you.

First off, the usb cable. Is it able to pass data? Some aftermarket cables only allow power transfer. I use the one specific for my usb drive so I know it has full capability.
Second, are you running the Launcher is Administrator mode? If you haven't set it to run in admin mode, it may not work properly.
Third, are the batteries in and lightsaber turned on before you plugged the cable in? This is what I do, start the Launcher, turn on the lightsaber, then plug the cable into the hilt. The LED and/or sound should cut out, the launcher do a chirp/connection sound and the fonts should start to load to computer.

If the launcher still isn't working after this, then I don't know what else to suggest, except contact UltraSabers. Reply if you get it working/can't get it to work and maybe some additional help can be suggested.

Best of luck.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

AEAstro
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 01:18:24 AM »

First off, the usb cable. Is it able to pass data? Some aftermarket cables only allow power transfer. I use the one specific for my usb drive so I know it has full capability. - The cable I am using was one I used on my 3d printer so yes.
Second, are you running the Launcher is Administrator mode? If you haven't set it to run in admin mode, it may not work properly. - Not yet will try that next
Third, are the batteries in and lightsaber turned on before you plugged the cable in? This is what I do, start the Launcher, turn on the lightsaber, then plug the cable into the hilt. The LED and/or sound should cut out, the launcher do a chirp/connection sound and the fonts should start to load to computer. - Turned it on and got the connection to the computer recognized

AEAstro
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 02:01:38 AM »

Alright so I was able to get it connected now I have another issue. After inputting some new settings the saber will not turn on after I put it back together.

AEAstro
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 02:13:09 AM »

Ignore the last one just bad timing with batteries

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 03:00:08 AM »

Ignore the last one just bad timing with batteries

From this I take it you have it working now?

AEAstro
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 04:19:50 AM »

Yes the admin suggestion worked thank you! Now I am just having a problem changing the font using the method from chapter 3 on the manual. Any tips?

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 08:25:10 PM »

Yes the admin suggestion worked thank you! Now I am just having a problem changing the font using the method from chapter 3 on the manual. Any tips?

Ignore the manual.  I would instead suggest watching this video on you tube:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nMsxslwCe0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nMsxslwCe0</a>

By
Darth Cephalus. Who is a member of this forum and has many,  MANY videos for lightsaber instruction.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: