Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Enable battery monitor  (Read 3002 times)
Enegue Nodrellim
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

Choose Light ~ Resist Darkness

« on: October 14, 2019, 04:24:59 AM »

So I downloaded and got Launcher up and running. One small thing I was interested in doing initially was activating the battery monitor on the AV switch. Launcher showed all 4 of the accent lights enabled with the monitor assigned on Channel 4. Through a quick elimination i found the AV LED was connected on accent channel 1 but when I assign the monitor there and enable it, it goes dark. When I disable the monitor or assign it elsewhere the AV switch lights again. Anyone know why this is? Also when I send a write command to the Diamond, it disconnects from Launcher and will only reconnect when unplugged and then plugged back in. Is that normal? Thnx

~ Armory ~
Specter Diamond ~ Phantasm Ov4 ~ FRANKENSABER! ~ Grand Master LE ~ Aeon LE v4 ~ Dark Sentinel LE v4
Initiate v2 ~ Dark Initiate v2.
Future; Archon v3.1 ~ Fallen LE

I am no Jedi, but I know the Force. It moves through and surrounds every living thing.
Close your eyes... feel it... the light... its always been there... it will guide you. The saber, take it! (Maz Kanata)

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 04:36:31 AM »

To answer your first question
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40006.0

Your second question,  I don't know. I have not run into that problem. I dont think it is normal. I hope you get an answer about it. I would find that annoying. How do you change fonts if you can't write to board?

Enegue Nodrellim
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 04:58:25 AM »

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. It disconnects after it is done writing. Then it does not "auto connect" or reconnect with the button in launcher. I have to unplug etc...

~ Armory ~
Specter Diamond ~ Phantasm Ov4 ~ FRANKENSABER! ~ Grand Master LE ~ Aeon LE v4 ~ Dark Sentinel LE v4

I am no Jedi, but I know the Force. It moves through and surrounds every living thing.
Close your eyes... feel it... the light... its always been there... it will guide you. The saber, take it! (Maz Kanata)

Enegue Nodrellim
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 05:03:51 AM »

To answer your first question

Thnx that makes sense. So in fact, it was working great!  Wink

~ Armory ~

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 05:06:33 AM »

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. It disconnects after it is done writing. Then it does not "auto connect" or reconnect with the button in launcher. I have to unplug etc...

Ok, that is a little different then the way I read it!
The disconnect after writing is normal. Mine immediately reconnects afterwards though.  You having to unplug and then plug back in to reconnect,  that is odd and not normal.  The button in the launcher not working is really weird.  Sounds like a issue between the editor program and your computer.  I dont know really. It is inconvenient,  but at least you can still change fonts and settings.

Enegue Nodrellim
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 06:13:08 AM »

Thanks. The answer to my first question exactly what I was looking for. I'll noodle around with the second issue and see what I can figure out. I'm thinking you prefer dark points?

~ Armory ~

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 06:37:32 AM »

Yes darkside!

Which do you prefer. You got to get started sometime.

Enegue Nodrellim
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 08:18:24 AM »

Light side. Thanks!

~ Armory ~

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2019, 01:30:33 AM »

Light side. Thanks!

Done!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2019, 01:48:12 PM »

Not sure if this will help, but a few of questions.

Have you updated the firmware on the Diamond controller? Even with a new lightsaber purchased in the last month, it could have older firmware installed.

Are you running the launcher under Administrator? It can run without the Admin privilege on, but it usually won't.

Are you plugging in thru a hub? some hubs can make the connection quirky.

Is the usb on your computer version 2? 3.0? 3.1? or newer?

For my older peripherals (microsoft Zune, for example), actually works better thru the v.2.0 ports. I had to use v.2.0 usb ports I added to get the launcher to work how it should.

I know the Diamond controller uses lower data passthru - this is due to how the controller was manufactured - it was not updated to newer standards in the last year, or so.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Enegue Nodrellim
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2019, 07:42:02 PM »

Not sure if this will help, but a few of questions.
Have you updated the firmware on the Diamond controller?
Are you running the launcher under Administrator?
Are you plugging in thru a hub?
Is the usb on your computer version 2? 3.0? 3.1? or newer?

Hi Chalion, thanks for responding. I haven't gone back in to sync with the diamond board yet. Having to much fun exploring the on board menu's, settings etc.. here are some answers to your questions.
Yes, I updated the firmware first thing.
No, if I recall after installing Launcher as administrator I just double clicked the icon.
No hub.
USB 3.0. This was my first thought and where I plan to begin. My HP laptop has a 2.0, 3.0 and some sort of mini USB that is a small oval shape VS a typical mini or micro USB. (apple?) I'll be using the 2.0 next time to see if that's the issue. I hadn't thought about running as administrator after the install. I will try that also. Thanks again!

~ Armory ~

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: