Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Where can we cosplay theatrical release?(with lightsabers!)  (Read 3465 times)
Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« on: October 16, 2019, 01:38:02 AM »

So, I'm trying to find theaters that allow lightsabers. AMC seems to have rules against "weapons" that threaten, but there are also comments about turning the sabers off for the movie. But, when I called the one I'm going to, they said no sabers.

Anyone know of a reasonable theater chain that isn't ruining half the fun for true fans?

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 03:35:47 AM »

So, I'm trying to find theaters that allow lightsabers. AMC seems to have rules against "weapons" that threaten, but there are also comments about turning the sabers off for the movie. But, when I called the one I'm going to, they said no sabers.

Anyone know of a reasonable theater chain that isn't ruining half the fun for true fans?

I mean, the IMAX where I'm going allows lightsabers. I was at the release as a spectator last year and saw spectators with lightsabers and I'm going this year and performing before the premier with a lightsaber, so... Check IMAX chains? Not theatres that show in IMAX, but ones built specifically for IMAX showings and nothing else.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 07:50:24 AM »

Best bet is to just call the locations around you. You may find one that will allow it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 11:40:22 AM »

Don't blame the theaters. Blame the a-holes who have attacked people in theaters which has gotten it to the point people freak out at any perceived weapon.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 03:32:33 PM »

Take one in so a manager can see it. If it's a 'no', rephrase and ask what if you took the blade out and simply hung your "bitchin' flashlight" on your belt?

I mean, the IMAX where I'm going allows lightsabers. I was at the release as a spectator last year and saw spectators with lightsabers and I'm going this year and performing before the premier with a lightsaber, so... Check IMAX chains? Not theatres that show in IMAX, but ones built specifically for IMAX showings and nothing else.
Could have sworn that AMC owns IMAX.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 08:17:43 PM »

The IMAX near me is in an AMC theater, but when AMC updated the seats, IMAX told them not to update the seats to the recliner seats, as it would reduce the number of viewers per showing. So, they still have the old seats. The IMAX has the biggest room, but the other rooms in the building are AMC. I'm not sure the business arrangement they have.

The rules indicate sabers, no guns. The person on the phone says a non-committal 'probably not' to sabers. TFA 2015 allowed sabers, but so did some other theaters that don't anymore. If I don't find some options, I may have to just risk it and see what others are doing when I get there.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 04:01:42 AM »

Best bet is to call, but you should know that it's a decision that's made "in the moment" if you know what I mean. The person on the phone could tell you anything but ultimately it comes down to the theater person who sees you in costume. I went to an AMC to see Solo in full Jedi costume but only had my saber on my belt and nobody cared in the slightest. A metal tube, when compared to a whole set-up with the blade, has a better chance of being okay.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 01:17:12 PM »

IMAX is still owned by the guys the created it as far as I know...they just have a contract with AMC

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 01:23:53 PM »

What Tex said.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 05:43:35 PM »

Take one in so a manager can see it. If it's a 'no', rephrase and ask what if you took the blade out and simply hung your "bitchin' flashlight" on your belt?

Whether they do or not, I'm going specifically to do choreographed lightsaber fight at the premier, by request of the theatre, so....

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 06:04:54 PM »

Whether they do or not, I'm going specifically to do choreographed lightsaber fight at the premier, by request of the theatre, so....
Well it always helps to have the theater employing talents. I haven't paid for a SW movie since R1.

And are you ignoring my PM?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 06:50:08 PM »

Now that is just plain awesome.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 08:43:02 PM »

Now that is just plain awesome.

We recorded lines on Sunday. I’ll be sure to post video once we have it up after the premier, or some practice previews if we do any public videos of it. I wrote the script we’re using.
Well it always helps to have the theater employing talents. I haven't paid for a SW movie since R1.

And are you ignoring my PM?

No, my reply to your first apparently was eaten but I didn’t catch it. Waiting to attempt another until I have more time to sit down and retype. Last two weeks have been significantly busier than usual

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 08:44:45 PM »

No, my reply to your first apparently was eaten but I didn’t catch it. Waiting to attempt another until I have more time to sit down and retype. Last two weeks have been significantly busier than usual
'salright. I can wait if I know it's a time crunch thing. I didn't get pics this week anyway.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2019, 07:12:58 AM »

'salright. I can wait if I know it's a time crunch thing. I didn't get pics this week anyway.
yeah. I haven't even opened the latest yet (read it in the email notification) because if it doesn't say "1 unread," I know I am going to forget

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: