Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sprectre and Halloween Giveaway Quick Review  (Read 672 times)
Alphaphoenicis
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

Decisions made in anger cannot be undone

« on: October 16, 2019, 08:05:21 PM »

Hello everyone! This is my first post!

I received my Spectre plus two Halloween giveaway sabers today and I cannot contain my excitement! I wanted to leave a quick review here to convey my appreciation to the Ultra Sabers Team. I will follow up in the near future with a video review and show all of you the sabers I received.

First, hats off to the Ultra Sabers team! You folks know how to deliver! I placed my order on Monday night and received my sabers Wednesday noon. HOLY shell! I did pay for Rush shipping for Canada, however the fabrication was at light speed! Hats off to you for being prepared and for getting my package to the courier ASAP. I'm very very impressed.

Second, I want to say that all the work that you put into the website and the forum, including the videos and FAQs, are greatly appreciated. I was not familiar with the Ultra Sabers brand until I decided to purchase my saber on Monday and I was able to watch the videos and learn enough about the product to be able to customize my dream saber. I was already pleased with the process, but the Halloween giveaway was an added bonus that made me extremely pleased to have chosen this brand. The only time I was hesitant was when I had to decide between the Emerald and the Diamond controllers since I am not very tech savvy, but after looking at the prices I decided to go all in with the Diamond so I can customize it for a lifetime!

Third, I want to say thank you for paying attention to my order notes and sending me exactly what I wanted in terms of color for the two Free Halloween Giveaway sabers. This shows that you really want to please your customer and I respect you for it. This was by far the best shopping experience I've had online....like EVER! You turned me from a customer to a fan with one purchase, so congratulations and thank you.

Now on to the sabers:

1. Customized Spectre (engraved): I fell in love with this saber the moment I saw it on the website, but the real thing is even more beautiful. It is based on a Star Wars Rebels saber but with a unique twist. I love it. The engraving is absolutely perfect. There are no scratches, chips or irregularities. I can tell that the person who designed this did it with passion and the person who assembled it did so with care. I got the heavy grade ultra edge blade which is a bit heavy, but I find that the saber is well balanced; it balances right about where the covertech wheel is on the emitter. I think the heavy pommel of this model is perfect to balance a heavy grade blade so I am super duper pleased with how it turned out. I'm also pleased with the sheet of paper that came with this saber that explains the pre-set font configurations. This saber is ready to use right out of the box and comes with 9 pre-set font and color configurations so I can just grab it and go! The menu is a bit hard to access sometimes, as I accidentally turn off the saber or turn on the flash setting while trying to do a stab motion, but I am hopeful that with a little bit of practice I can get the hang of it. While I do like the one-button-to-rule-them-all approach (lol), I wish there was a second button to help access the menu so I don't look like an idiot while trying to change fonts. Lastly, I wish the hilt was just a bit longer so I can comfortably grip this saber with two hands; I can still manage with my little lady hands but I'd like to have some space between my left hand and the pommel. Overall, very impressed and excited to show it off to my fencing and iaido friends!!!!

2. Halloween Giveaway Free Grab Bag Saber - Dark Apprentice LE V4: I wanted a Blazing Red Sith saber to duel with my Consular Green Spectre and you did not fail me. It even has a red activation button, which is so considerate. I am so happy to have received this beautiful sabre for free; it has a little chip on the hilt but hey...it's free! Thank you for your generosity. I can truly appreciate the bright color of the light with the medium grade blade on this saber; it is a bit brighter than the heavy grade one on my Spectre as expected. It is also extremely light and perfect for sparring. I also appreciate the full length blade, and it will look great on my display as well.

3. Halloween Giveaway Free Initiate Saber - Initiate V4: Ok, so I was happy with receiving 1 free saber but the moment I figured out that I can combine coupon codes, I absolutely lost my marbles. You guys know how to make a sword enthusiast happy! This initiate is absolutely beautiful and the short blade makes it perfect for use as a practice weapon. It weighs similar to my fencing foil, so I can perform fast wrist flicks and disengage type movements without straining. I am guessing it is also a medium grade blade, which makes it light as a feather. I had requested this blade to be Guardian Blue if possible and you did it again! The activator is also blue, which completes the story. I am super pleased and I will go ham with this saber.

Recommendations:

I really enjoyed my shopping experience with Ultra Sabers and I am pleased with the products I have received. I will certainly be back! I have a few recommendations that may improve the shopping experience for first time buyers like me:

1. Editing an order: 3 seconds after I submitted my order, I realized I forgot to add the covertech clip. I also wished that I had changed my silver activator button to an illuminated activator, which only dawned on me after placing my order. I wish there was a way to edit an order that is still in the "processing" stage so I can add items and pay for them before you start fabricating my order. I could have placed a new order only with the missing items, however I was unsure about how the shipping fees would be applied. This is something to think about..

2. The videos are extremely helpful for first time buyers, however it would be great to see a side-to-side comparison of all the options during the customization process. This is especially true for the initial selection of controllers and the activator buttons. It would also help to see what the different combinations of flash colors would look with the color I chose. Maybe you can put a few gifs to show different combos, or at least popular combos.

3. It would be greatly appreciated if you can offer free shipping on orders over $500 (when you don't have these giveaways etc.)

Overall, I am very pleased with this experience and I will be coming back for more sabers in the future! Thank you for your hard work and for a smooth shopping experience. My friends are going to freak out and they will ask me where I got my sabers from. I will tell them with great confidence that I got them from Ultra Sabers.

May the force be with you

-Alpha

Never tell me the odds.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 08:58:09 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. So glad you had a great experience with Ultrasabers. They are pretty great when it comes to getting the sabers made and shipped out to us. Sounds like you got a great haul. And the Spectre is one of my absolute favorites. The more I use it the more I love it. The Emperor's Hand, Grand Master LE and Monarch CE are also pretty nice. Just a couple of suggestions. Enjoy the forum and your sabers. DO NOT FORGET THE PICTURES!! Happy sabering.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: