Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Staff Rookie  (Read 4553 times)
HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 02:13:54 AM »

Just placed my order!  Went with Apprentice v5 LE in the end.  Gonna see how the 32s work with that.  82" roughly so will be pushing the limits but if it doesn't work out I'll order a pair of 28s and move the 32s to my first 2 sabers that don't have UltraEdge.  I find I like the look of those better.   Obsidian v4 on both since I'm saving some money on the hilt.  Both blades will be in Sun Rider's Destiny and both hilts will have a green AV switch.  I'll be sure to post some pics of me making a fool of myself on this thread when they arrive.  Fingers crossed for a raffle prize with them!  Thanks again for all your help everyone!

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2019, 01:57:54 PM »

Just placed my order!  Went with Apprentice v5 LE in the end.  Gonna see how the 32s work with that.  82" roughly so will be pushing the limits but if it doesn't work out I'll order a pair of 28s and move the 32s to my first 2 sabers that don't have UltraEdge.  I find I like the look of those better.   Obsidian v4 on both since I'm saving some money on the hilt.  Both blades will be in Sun Rider's Destiny and both hilts will have a green AV switch.  I'll be sure to post some pics of me making a fool of myself on this thread when they arrive.  Fingers crossed for a raffle prize with them!  Thanks again for all your help everyone!
Pics or it didn't happen.

Lovely color choices. Look at it this way, if the blades are too long you can always cut them down. But you can't lengthen blades that are too short.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2019, 07:57:49 PM »

Sweet choice!   I am looking forward to seeing that!   SRD should look AWESOME in the Apprentice V5 LE hilts.   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 11:04:58 PM »

Sweet choice!   I am looking forward to seeing that!   SRD should look AWESOME in the Apprentice V5 LE hilts.   :-)

You could have stopped with "SRD should look AWESOME" and still been correct.  LOL

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2019, 11:26:52 PM »

You could have stopped with "SRD should look AWESOME" and still been correct.  LOL

Heh to true.

One day.   My next hilt is set in stone - Fallen LE, Adegan Silver tri-cree...    I just need to scrape up a few more pennies before the raffle entry closes...

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2019, 11:31:26 PM »

Heh to true.

One day.   My next hilt is set in stone - Fallen LE, Adegan Silver tri-cree...    I just need to scrape up a few more pennies before the raffle entry closes...
I got the Adegan Silver without going tri-Cree, and that thing is BRIGHT!  Yeah, I have flashlights that are brighter, but you gotta remember, I've been collecting THOSE since the previous century, and I have a few barn-burners.

I look forward to seeing an AS in the tri-Cree setup one day; it's gotta be pretty darn impressive!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2019, 11:33:11 PM »

I got the Adegan Silver without going tri-Cree, and that thing is BRIGHT!  Yeah, I have flashlights that are brighter, but you gotta remember, I've been collecting THOSE since the previous century, and I have a few barn-burners.

I look forward to seeing an AS in the tri-Cree setup one day; it's gotta be pretty darn impressive!

I have it in my Dark Catalyst.   Awesome...

Makubex
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

тнərə ιѕ no darĸ ѕιdə, nor lιgнт ѕιdə.

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2019, 12:50:39 AM »

C'est la vie. He's only 5'7". Might be able to push to 28s, but this thing is gonna be hella long.

They could practice body rotation and hip lock flow.. might help get diagonal spins in and have decent blade length...  but then again they’re just getting into staff style so the short blades might be beneficial while learning their own flow and mechanics... and work themselves up the blade length ladder...

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2019, 10:16:39 PM »

Staff and raffle prize on the way!  Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics/vids over the weekend!

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2019, 03:33:41 PM »

Finished product!  Thanks again for all your help! I'll be testing it outside later to see if the measurements work for me!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2019, 06:04:52 PM »

Agreed and point for that, SRD is my favorite color... Wink

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2019, 09:25:30 AM »

Wow, nice color! Didn't saw a good color picture of SRD, I like this!

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2019, 03:04:02 AM »

Wow, nice color! Didn't saw a good color picture of SRD, I like this!

Thanks!  I think my wife's phone made it just a tad greener than real life.

Makubex
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

тнərə ιѕ no darĸ ѕιdə, nor lιgнт ѕιdə.

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2019, 07:01:56 PM »

Finished product!  Thanks again for all your help! I'll be testing it outside later to see if the measurements work for me!

Weeeewww looks good!!! Grats!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2019, 11:25:48 PM »

That looks great!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: