Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: BLOODSHOT  (Read 417 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« on: October 21, 2019, 10:29:53 AM »

Can't wait!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOUVVDWdXbo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOUVVDWdXbo</a>

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 08:37:52 PM »

Can't wait!

Agreed! I haven't read many Bloodshot comics (yet), but the concept with the implanted memory seems to be spot on in the trailer...

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 08:43:36 PM »

Can't wait!
Reminds me of Upgrade, which was excellent. Never read the comic but I'm intrigued. Plus it's always nice to see Guy Pierce pop up in a movie.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 10:36:39 AM »

Agreed! I haven't read many Bloodshot comics (yet), but the concept with the implanted memory seems to be spot on in the trailer...

Reminds me of Upgrade, which was excellent. Never read the comic but I'm intrigued. Plus it's always nice to see Guy Pierce pop up in a movie.

They have the main story and powers correct, him being a former soldier with regenerative powers and meta-morphing abilities from nanites being injected into his blood, which is where the name Bloodshot was derived from.  After having his memory wiped numerous times, Bloodshot is out to discover who he really is and get vengeance on those who did this to him. Bloodshot's bloodstream contains a billion nanobots, enabling him to heal from injuries quickly, interface with technology, and shape shift his mass.

Pretty much the government trying to create s supersoldier serum, sounds familiar?  

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 11:03:19 AM »

Pretty much the government trying to create s supersoldier serum, sounds familiar? 

Hi Infinit, it also sounds like a story from the UK sci-fi comic 2000AD. The story was titled M.A.C.H. 1 which stood for "Man Activated by Compu-punture Hyperpower 1".
Basically an ex pro ice hockey player gets paralysed in a game and is then picked out by a government agency to be a test subject for a new procedure that pumped serum into him. The serum was activated by computer assisted acupuncture which restored and heightened his physical abilities for a certain period of time. In return for getting his physical abilities back he worked on secret missions for said government agency.

This story appeared in the late 70's early 80's so it is a well used theme.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: