Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA JOINS SCORSESE IN ATTACK ON COMIC BOOK MOVIE GENEE  (Read 465 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: October 21, 2019, 09:19:44 PM »

Francis Ford Coppola joins Scorsese in attack on comic book movie genre.
*WARNING* - Campea occasionally swears in this video, but makes some interesting points.

We all know that movies are subjective; there is no right or wrong opinion. However, it nows seems as though the legends of the industry are unfairly targeting comic book movie genre purely because they are popular and successful.

To put everything into context, in 2018 there was 871 films released commercially in North America. 9 of them were comic book movies. So it seems as though Scorsese, Coppola and the rest of CBM haters are just seemingly butt-hurt because their movies haven’t made $1-2 billion at the box office.
Would love to hear everyone else’s thoughts on this topic.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C643PYKxHgk&amp;t=28s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C643PYKxHgk&amp;t=28s</a>

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 01:05:11 AM »

I feel their feelings are motivated by age and even some elitism.  Men their age were taught to give up "childish things"...which included Comic Books.  So for them to see adults flocking to see comic book films alongside children... I'm sure it make them think less of those adults.  They feel these movies rob audiences from other films...which just isnt true.  When you look at home sales and streaming...dramas are still up there.  People still watch them... they just watch them at home.  Filmmakers such as these men believe every movie must be some grand story that speaks of the "Human Experience".  That's like saying every meal you eat must be filet mignon.  Sometimes you want a nice cheeseburger.  Gonna be honest.... I don't like the Godfather.  Cinematic masterpiece, true enough.  But I got nothing out of the story.  Nothing in it spoke to me or heightened my awareness of anything in humanity.  As campea said, having an opinion is one thing..but trying to get them erased smacks of desperation.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 12:04:33 PM »

^^^YES. THIS!

I mean, I do like the Godfather (have always been more of a Goodfellas fan), but cinema is supposed to deliver variety and appeal to lots of different audiences. I'm not the biggest fan of animated movies or musicals, but they are just as valid movies as the ones I do love.

These are very disappointing statements from two titans of the industry.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: