Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Half-Blood Obsidian  (Read 3077 times)
Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« on: December 13, 2011, 08:31:18 PM »

So... I got my saber back from repairs today, and everything works PERFECTLY!!!!  Just wanted to make that clear so it doesn't seem like my obsidian is flawed.

Anyways, I pulled out the board/batterypack/speaker assembly to plug it in for some new sound fonts, and noticed some odd things right away:

1:  I only have a single battery!  Yay!  This means I've got the XT, right?

2:  The Obsidian board has a green plate on the back, which I hadn't seen before.  Odd.

3:  The USB port is built into the board.  Hmm... that's not on the new Obsidian.  Looks like I've got an old one.  I don't see the wire that the XT has for the USB port anywhere.

4:  There's no front-side capacitor.  It appears to be all wires.  Yay!  This means I've got the XT, right?  It does appear that there are wires for FoC taped/cut back so they're out of the way.

5:  It doesn't appear that there is much more memory on the board.  However, it's been a while since I've played around with the old board, and don't have another board to compare it with, so I could be mistaken.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if this in fact the XT or not.  Like I said at the beginning, it works perfectly, and I'm not worried about it being the XT or not, I'm just curious to see what it is.

Gaius
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Hello Jedi. How nice of you to drop in.

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 09:48:35 PM »

Probably is the new Obsidian.  I say that because I have a FOC saber and the usb port is on the saber, not on a seperate wire.  And we know FOC only works with the new board.  Don't think you can run the old board on a single Li-ion.

Raven, Blazing Red, SS Pommel, Obsidian- Sekarasu
Archon v.2- Guardian Blue, DVA or SRD- QD, Obsidian- Lior
Prophecy, violet amethyst - [Name To Be Determined]
Dark War Glaive, Pyrestone with silver FOC, Obsidian, Black Claws red A/V- Enfer

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 10:48:21 PM »

I have nearly zip to go on, but I shall theorize....

the existence of THREE Obsidian Boards? Obsidian 1, Obsidian XT (the separate sale DIYer), and Obsidian 2 (the new board coming factory equipped in sabers).

Entirely speculation there, but it just makes sense to me that the new boards coming built in from the shop wouldn't need that extra cable on the USB that the DIY XT's have. Other than that, the XT and theoretical 2 could and likely would be the same since 1 didn't have FoC. *shrug* Hurray for theoretics? Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 03:52:32 PM »

You have a variant of the XT with the USB port on-board.  Not all builds require a remote USB port.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »

Thanks Ultra!  Very cool.

So does that mean I can wire up FoC myself sometime in the future if I wanted to, or will that require the other variant?

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 06:00:09 PM »

Thanks Ultra!  Very cool.

So does that mean I can wire up FoC myself sometime in the future if I wanted to, or will that require the other variant?

Your board has the FoC ability built into it. Wiring it up yourself is a possibility.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 07:11:35 PM »

Now that is awesome !!

dark side points please

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: