Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: Clone Wars OOC Thread.  (Read 6741 times)
Rough Knight
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2020, 03:08:46 PM »

I just did one on Tatooine for my character because it was a natural place for him to be. It does work out for to story, but that is not the main reason I did it. I don't see any reason why we should have to use it as the Tatooine thread.

The only advantage that I can see with merging the characters into Taegins existing Tatooine thread (as they arrive on Tatooine) is that they can potentially then interact with one another while waiting for the main thread to start.

That would also assume they arrived at the same point, some may go direct to Jabbas palace others might land at other towns on Tatooine. I have found this handy map with of the local area for reference.

Cheers

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2020, 07:41:57 AM »

Cool  map.

So once we jead off on our adventure, I was wondering if we'd be taking a single ship or are we all  making our own way. Reason I ask is that a single ship might make for a good home base for us. What do you guys think?

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 561

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2020, 09:26:00 AM »

Cool  map.

So once we jead off on our adventure, I was wondering if we'd be taking a single ship or are we all  making our own way. Reason I ask is that a single ship might make for a good home base for us. What do you guys think?

I think it'd be an interesting option, although I don't think many people's characters would leave their ships at Jabba's palace or Mos Eisley very willingly lol

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1906

Lord of the Force

« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2020, 03:40:51 PM »

I think the plan is to have a single ship. I think it will end up being that we are essentially the crew of a ship doing something, interacting, and learning to live with each other even when we hate each other. Not entirely sure what will happen, or how, but from the conversations I've had with ThreadJack, that seems to be something of the plan.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2020, 04:07:10 PM »

Nice. I've been looking at SW ships recently and thinking about finding a ship with a deck plan that would suit our needs. I was inspired to do so by Rough Knight posting the Tatooine map. I can post my finding here if you like  Grin

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Class_720_freighter

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Barloz-class_medium_freighter

EDIT: Edited post to include ships and layouts for consideration

Rough Knight
Knight Major

« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2020, 05:27:39 PM »

Yes, I think a single ship is definitely the best option, also as Kaboose0008 says a deck plan is extremely useful.

A while ago we did the Venomstrike II RPG as a training session for people who wanted to join the Qanotha RPG, we were all based on a single ship and it was really good http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22757.0 the deck plan was placed with the character sheets for easy reference.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22728.0.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 738

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2020, 11:44:31 PM »

Yes, I had planned us to take a single ship. I thought it would add a neat dimension to the story, this way we have interactions than simply during the actual mission. I figured it'd be a Firefly type dynamic, rugged outlaw crew, travelling space, and just trying to survive and make ends meat, then eventually save the day.

I'll put up Jabba's palace soon, but for now y'all can go ahead and arrive on Tatooine.(I know I haven't made my first IC post, but I'm working on it)

(Sig by me!)

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2020, 01:37:38 PM »

Another ship to consider  Smiley

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Maka-Eekai_L4000_transport

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2020, 01:39:38 PM »

So I have one more ship to consider. Since Taegin's character has an XS Freighter I figured I should include a layout of one.

I'm doubtful we'd want to use Golden's Character's Fang fighter as according to Wookieepedia is a single seater and my character's HWK-290 would be pretty cramped trying to fit everybody.

Rough Knight
Knight Major

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2020, 03:45:20 PM »

I very much like the XS, it's small (so the players are kept in close proximity to one another), also unobtrusive so can sneak into ports with a masked transponder. Presumably the guns and engines are upgraded so it can run from bigger ships and take on those its own size or smaller/less well armed. If the top gun was a dorsal turret and there was a corresponding ventral turret underneath (similar to the turrets in the Millennium Falcon) and the side guns were ion cannons it would be a very handy set up and fun for the players to crew. Chuck in a couple of proton torpedo or concussion missile tubes and a ground buzzer and it starts to get quite formidable for its size. Possibly the medical bay could double up as additional crew quarters.
There doesn't seem to be a refresher (toilet and sonic shower) on the plan, I would suggest perhaps one in the captains quarters and perhaps another between the crew quarters and the medical bay making those compartments slightly smaller.

I guess ultimately the ship type chosen will be dependant on the mission type but at this stage the XS gets my vote.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2020, 07:15:50 PM »

I am planning to do another post before arriving at Jabba's palace for my own character, I just haven't gotten a chance to write it yet. But I will.

As for Jakyr's freighter, there are quite a few "special modifications" to it. If we decide to go that route (not sure what ThreadJack has planned), I'll try and come up with a list of the modifications so we can all be on the same page.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2020, 01:26:23 AM »

Oops, I made a mistake in my last post. I said a sail barge, but that is far to big for what I had in mind. I was thinking of the little skiffs that accompanied the sail barge in ROTJ, but for some reason I called them the wrong thing. If someone could fix that in both my own and Kaboose's that'd be great. If not, just know for future posts, it is a just a smaller transport.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 738

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2020, 12:08:40 PM »

OMG I'm suuuuper sorry guys. I'll get on this soon. Things happened, but I have more free time now!

(Sig by me!)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -255

Dark Side Scholar

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2020, 12:53:14 PM »

OMG I'm suuuuper sorry guys. I'll get on this soon. Things happened, but I have more free time now!

Awesome Cheesy

Through passion, I gain strength

-Butcher Fire Orange    -Frankensaber "Inferno" Pyrestone Orange
-Frankensaber "Torch" Empty    -Aeon V3 LE Greatsaber Arctic Blue
-Aeon V5 Consular Green

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2020, 01:49:03 PM »

No problem. Real life has to come first. Glad to have you back.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: