Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mantis- New speaker option- help!  (Read 1447 times)
DarkSideUser
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 24, 2019, 04:19:26 AM »

The battery compartment on my mantis is damaged, the little plastic wings have weakened and broke over the years so the batts have a hard time staying in. So, I need to purchase a new one. Obsidian board, emerald saber, in hilt recharge, using 2 14500 batts. All ultrasabers standard. Obviously, I could buy Ultrasabers batt/speaker combo and wire it in just fine: https://ultrasabers.com/product/2x-14500-li-ion-battery-holder-speaker-combo/

I have been told that bass speakers are the way to go. I thought about buying this batt/speaker combo from TCSS instead: https://www.ultrasabers.com/MHSv1-speaker-and-2x-AA-battery-holder-P766.aspx.

Any issues with using the one from TCSS instead? Physically I know it will fit the ID of the saber, but ultra doesn't list the wattage etc. of their speaker. TCSS is a 2W. Would there be a problem using this one with my setup? Or do you all recommend a different setup. If I'm gonna do this, I just want to put in the best that the current setup can run.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2026

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 03:37:13 PM »

We typically don't do links from other sites but I don't think that'd be a problem as long as the new speaker isn't too wide, I could be wrong though so hopefully someone with better experience chimes in Tongue I think their new WoW speaker would probably fit the best, I think its the same size as their one speaker, I can't think of the name at the moment

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

DarkSideUser
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 04:34:04 PM »

Is the 4W not a concern with my current setup? That's an area I do not fully understand how to measure or account for.

DarkSideUser
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 10:22:00 PM »

*bump*

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 02:47:42 AM »

That speaker battery pack you chose with the bass speaker will work fine. Its the one i put in my Shark, customized Shock LE / Archon combinationwith Obsidian V4 sound. 

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff