Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Feature Request - Obsidian v4 Launcher  (Read 1040 times)
Tripper
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 24, 2019, 02:34:38 PM »

I have to agree with the gentleman on the Ultrasaber's YouTube channel, the Mac launcher works extremely well, but I am having trouble locating a manual for it. I tinker and like to really know what I'm working on.

That said, there are a few things I'd love to see in v3.

1. Download a complete configuration off a saber. Memory bank configuration (number of banks and sizes), soundfonts, everything. I'd love to be able to back up a configuration before messing with it.

2. Upload a complete configuration, including formatting the memory and putting everything back. Basically reversing #1.

3. Directly input the memory bank sizes instead of using the slider. I don't like wasting memory with a font that doesn't need all of it, I prefer 90-95% used to 68% used and it's hard to do that with the sliders. This would have to be an advanced feature, since you're robbing Peter to pay Paul sometimes, but I'm used to working with the fiddly bits.

4. A setting to directly create a muted bank, either with a built in confirmation beep or the option to load up one. I've heard a cricket wav file idea and I think that's pretty cool.

5. A way to pre-configure a full loadout without the saber connected. That way I can test the memory sizes without having to format everything first, it's pretty common for configuration tools for routers, switches, and other enterprise IT devices.

Finally, less of a feature and more of a request.  I've seen the default Obsidian loadout for download, but the mute beep and how to configure it isn't there. Also, a readme with the exact memory bank sizes would be a great help as what's actually consumed isn't the same as just adding up the individual file sizes. The files get compressed a bit and I'm pretty sure the metadata is consolidated during the upload.

Thanks for making my co-workers jealous of me going to Dragoncon and getting a REAL lightsaber!

Tripper - Archon v3 with Obsidian v4 board, TRI Guardian Blue, and Manticore emitter.

Tripper - Archon v3 with Obsidian v4 board, TRI Guardian Blue, and Manticore emitter.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: