Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond Launcher Help  (Read 1402 times)
Nau Tranyce
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 24, 2019, 06:28:18 PM »

I don't understand how diamond works.
I've run through several tutorials and am still lost.

Is it possible to change the color of the saber with each font? For instance, can my Obsidian font be blue and my Blackstar red?
Why is it that when I try to go into the saber menu it keeps saying "1 in use, 2 in use"?
Why does it say that I have no sound files when I plug in the saber?
I have SO many questions.

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 10:48:24 PM »

In order: yes, yes, IIRC that's showing which slots are open and which have a font installed, I can't remember the solution to that issue but I know there's an easy explanation.

I highly recommend going to the Diamond Database subforum and looking through all of those threads for possible answers and advice.  There's a pretty good knowledge base built up.  Also, the express wizard is your friend.  My recommendation is to use that to create a basic shell font and then go modify the individual effects in the advanced wizard.  Welcome to the Diamond world, it's loads of fun and you'll have a blast once you get rolling.  Good luck!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 12:18:49 AM »

I don't understand how diamond works.
I've run through several tutorials and am still lost.

Is it possible to change the color of the saber with each font? For instance, can my Obsidian font be blue and my Blackstar red?
Why is it that when I try to go into the saber menu it keeps saying "1 in use, 2 in use"?
Why does it say that I have no sound files when I plug in the saber?
I have SO many questions.

Yes, it is possible to have a different color blade for each individual sound font.

Saber menu to select fonts, only plays the boot sound of the current font. Twist the saber( force move) to select the next font. If you are hearing " 1 in use" then twist the saber and hear "2 in use"... you are in the Gestures menu not the font select menu.

FONT SELECTION; Press and hold the on switch, then perform a STAB. You will hear the current fonts boot sound. Twist the saber to the left or right to select a different font. When you hear the boot sound for the font you want, press and release the button.

GESTURE PROGRAMMING; Press and hold the on switch, then twist the saber twice to the right or left (force move). You will hear "1 in use" if the gesture has been programmed.  Or, you will hear "1 empty" if the gesture has not been programmed.
 I think you might be accessing the wrong menu!

You said, "Why does it say I have no sound files when I plug in my saber?"
     What do you mean by this?
You plug your saber into your computer  and more specifically,  the ultrasabers editing  program I assume ?  Do you hear an actual voice prompt say "No sound files"? That's a new one! I never heard that one and have to assume it is not the case.
 You plug into the program and SEE no sound files? I have to assume this is correct.

Sorry, I'm only trying to help! Not trying to offend you!
A diamond saber only uses the diamond portion of the editing program.  If you plug in your saber and go to the obsidian sound part of the editor,  you will see nothing. Diamond sabers have sound and blade color controlled by the same part of the editor.  Diamond only.

An obsidian sound board is controlled by the obsidian editor only, and only does sound.
An emerald  color board is controlled by the emerald editor only, and only does colors.
A diamond saber board is controlled by the diamond editor only and it does everything! Sound and color are contained in one file and controlled by one part of the program only.

You got more questions?  I've got more answers!
I love all of my diamond sabers! If you are having problems I will happily help. Dont get frustrated! Just ask more questions!

Nau Tranyce
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 11:30:53 PM »

Ok, let's start off with a thank you. That stab tip did the trick.

What I meant by not having files is that the Blackstar and the rest of them were not on the saber when I plugged it into the program. It showed all fonts empty. But I found the files on this website so I fixed that.
Now for the tricky part: The Diamond editor. I don't get how it works.
I'm on the Diamond part, naturally. And I'm only using express because, well I'm just not that creative. But I don't understand what i'm supposed to do once I'm there.
When I change the color of the saber, how do I get one color for one font and a different color of the others?
How do I turn on or off flash-on-clash?
How do I get the timing of the sounds and lights (like turning the saber on and off) to match?
How do I get it to pulsate and how do I adjust the pulses?

At the risk of writing a thesis I'm going to stop here.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 09:51:09 PM »

Sorry. I'm in California and my power has been shut off all week. I was not ignoring you!

Now, I can't help with the express editor.  I never use it myself. I always use the advanced editor.
Select a font in the advanced editor. A list of the different effects will be on the left of the screen. On, off,  hum, clash, swing and so on. Select one, say the hum. You will be able to change the sound and color for just the hum. Select clash and you will be able to change the clash sound and colors. When done write to board.

You will need to do this for every font you want changed. Load the font, change the blade color and write to board. Then select the next font.
To turn off flash on clash, you need to load the individual fonts and basically delete the sounds and turn off the led colors. Set them to zeroes.
 Getting the lights to match the sounds is a little tricky. I might need to take and post pictures to better explain that. Paragraphs of typing to explain properly and I'm lazy. Pictures will speed up the process.

Pulsating blades are really hard to get right and can be done in different ways. I recommend downloading other peoples fonts and loading them in to the editing program so you can see how they did it.
 My Emperor font has a red blade that pulses with a little bit of orange.  My ObiWan font has a blue blade the flickers purple. My Darth Maul font has a red blade that pulses bright then darker red. There are a lot of ways to do a flicker or pulse on your blade. You can dim the color or add a little of a different color. It is really up to personal preference. 
 Looking at other peoples fonts is really the best way to learn. If you see something you like just look at how they did it in the editing program.

All my fonts can be found in the link in my signature bar,  below this post.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 11:18:28 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciaGSa1qsN4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciaGSa1qsN4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYNR9Bx-7m8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYNR9Bx-7m8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbf-EqC1hlo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbf-EqC1hlo</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDb84LBxG2M&amp;t=5s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDb84LBxG2M&amp;t=5s</a>

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 12:01:00 AM »

That purple flicker is REALLY neat!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 01:54:15 AM »

Note: Back up the files always and often. If you're experimenting, name it different than the main font names so you don't accidentally overwrite those main files. I backed up my main files to several flash drives and a network drive.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Nau Tranyce
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 02:44:13 AM »

Yeah... I officially regret getting Diamond; this shell is way too much for me.
But let it be known that I appreciate your efforts. You put in more work on that than expected. Thank you.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2019, 03:11:58 AM »

I tried to warn you about getting frustrated!

There are a lot of steps to making a diamond font.  None of those steps are very hard. There are just a lot of them. Once you do it a couple of times, it all becomes easy.  You just need to keep at it until you reach that point. I am more then happy to keep helping you out! Just dont let it frustrate you.

Diamond sabers are the best and totally worth your time to learn. If you have more questions I will keep helping. If you are to frustrated,  I could make a font for you.  It just takes some time to learn. Dont give up on it.  Keep asking questions.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2019, 09:03:37 PM »

Yeah... I officially regret getting Diamond; this shell is way too much for me.
But let it be known that I appreciate your efforts. You put in more work on that than expected. Thank you.

Seriously, KaiserSosay has made fonts for LOTS of people, and he really would enjoy doing this for you, and helping you out, just like he says above.  Hang in there, man; I really think you can end up enjoying this if you keep at it.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 10:55:43 PM »

Seriously, KaiserSosay has made fonts for LOTS of people, and he really would enjoy doing this for you, and helping you out, just like he says above.  Hang in there, man; I really think you can end up enjoying this if you keep at it.

And seriously, it's much easier making fonts for an UltraSabers Diamond controller than just about every other lightsaber built by other crafters. Plus most don't offer to make custom fonts for others, free of charge.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2019, 03:19:31 AM »

There ain't nothing in this world for free!

The price you pay, is talking to me and listening to my bad jokes, when I need a break from making the font.  My jokes are pretty bad. You might not be able to afford the loss of brain cells!

Ok in all seriousness,  I will make you a font for free! I made a Tinkerbell font when it was requested. I was willing to sit through hours of Tinkerbell cartoons to hook up a stranger,(now a good friend). I will definitely help you out too!
 Even if you want a My Little Pony font...

Just ask!
If you want to do it yourself, I completely respect that. I am still very willing to help with more advice too!
If I'm not on the forum, just send me a message.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: