Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Sentinel V4 Review  (Read 1385 times)
Little Tom Jabbermonkey
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 24, 2019, 09:31:21 PM »

I got this lightsaber in a $75 mystery box! I really love how large the hilt is and the aluminum has a great weight. The red guarded button is a very nice touch with the windows as well. Those were additions Ultrasabers added which up the value. It’s so dang bright! Love the UltraEdge Midgrade a lot. Reminds me of how the prequel lightsabers look. Very impressed by the craftsmanship of the Dark Sentinel!

Here is my Review Video:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLp7B9tHXK0&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLp7B9tHXK0&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 10:52:24 AM by Infinit01 » Logged

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 11:43:45 PM »

Here is my Review Video:
https://youtu.be/hLp7B9tHXK0

If you remove the "s" from "https" in your link, the video will embed itself in the page.  Just a hint.  Now I'm going to go watch the video.  Smiley

EDIT:
Looks like you were having fun with the review.  Cool!  Thanks for sharing with us, and keep posting pics and videos... we really like pics and vids here, in case you haven't noticed.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Little Tom Jabbermonkey
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 11:57:20 PM »

If you remove the "s" from "https" in your link, the video will embed itself in the page.  Just a hint.  Now I'm going to go watch the video.  Smiley

EDIT:
Looks like you were having fun with the review.  Cool!  Thanks for sharing with us, and keep posting pics and videos... we really like pics and vids here, in case you haven't noticed.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I can’t figure out how to edit my post. Lol

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 12:03:31 AM »

Hi Little Tom Jabbermonkey, you won't be able to edit your post now as there is a one hour window in which you can edit then your post is locked. It's just a security/anti spam feature of the forum.

Hope you enjoy your saber and I'll just go and have look at your review!

EDIT: Just to show it works within an hour! Great hilt and the Force was with you on the blade colour, nice one.
2nd EDIT: Thanks Cyclops942

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 12:04:41 AM »

There is a short amount of time after the post is made during which edits are allowed (I think it's one hour, but I'm not sure), and that time has apparently passed.  No worries!  I "need" to know which side of the Duct Tape... I mean which side of the Force you favor, so that I can award you the proper point... Light Side or Dark Side.

Looks like For Tyeth beat me to it!  You'll come to appreciate FT's talents as you look around the forum.  I'd tell you where to look, but that'd take away some of your fun.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 06:24:55 AM »

Thanks for the review,

I'm thinking of ordering a Sentinel v4, so this was much apreciated.

Do the windows get in the way while you are spinning? Or do your hands hardly notice them?

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 09:04:20 AM »

LTJ, welcome to the forum. Nice mystery box saber. Thanks for the quick review. Just so you know, this is the start of your new addiction. Embrace it, and many more beautiful sabers will be yours.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 05:11:04 PM »

I got this lightsaber in a $75 mystery box! I really love how large the hilt is and the aluminum has a great weight. The red guarded button is a very nice touch with the windows as well. Those were additions Ultrasabers added which up the value. It’s so dang bright! Love the UltraEdge Midgrade a lot. Reminds me of how the prequel lightsabers look. Very impressed by the craftsmanship of the Dark Sentinel!

Here is my Review Video:
https://youtu.be/hLp7B9tHXK0
Congratulations with your Mystery Box; the Dark Sentinel v4 is a fantastic hilt IMO and the green blade compliments the black perfectly  Smiley

I myself have a Dark Sentinel v4 with a Red Illuminated AV switch & blade and emitter windows (love this feature!) and it's a wonderful saber.

Great review, LTJ!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

S2mikey
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 09:25:59 AM »

Thanks for the review,

I'm thinking of ordering a Sentinel v4, so this was much apreciated.

Do the windows get in the way while you are spinning? Or do your hands hardly notice them?

I own a dark sentinel L4 without the windows.  Although the windows do look cool, for spinning I’d think you’re better off without them.  My hands touch that area a lot and the windows likely have some sharper edges that would cause issues.  I remember reading about the emitter windows being a potential problem for spinning in another thread.  See what others say but if you’re a heavy spinner then I’d avoid the emitter windows. 

AEON L4, Tri-Cree Fire orange
Archon 2.1, Tri-Cree Gaurdian Blue
Dark Sentinel L4 - Tri-Cree Consular Green, Green AV switch
Initiate V3, Catalyst Pommel, Violet, AV switch

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2019, 10:10:14 AM »

I own a dark sentinel L4 without the windows.  Although the windows do look cool, for spinning I’d think you’re better off without them.  My hands touch that area a lot and the windows likely have some sharper edges that would cause issues.  I remember reading about the emitter windows being a potential problem for spinning in another thread.  See what others say but if you’re a heavy spinner then I’d avoid the emitter windows. 

Thanks for the advice. I ended up ordering sabers with and without windows a few days back. But still you're advice is much appreciated. I'll let you know what my first impressions are ones they arrive.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2019, 10:53:24 AM »

Nice Sentinel V4 you have there. It looks good with the Consular Green blade, congrats!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: