Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What Changes can be made?  (Read 1844 times)
Jayceson
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 24, 2019, 11:10:42 PM »

So I got my sabers but now i'm curious of 2 things. Basically i want to know if you can send sabers back to have recharge ports added and to also have sound added? and roughly what you would have to pay for this. Planning to do this for the 4 sabers i bought over time which i still haven't posted any pictures of(Sorry!). Then i'll prob start buying new ones. If it is possible i'd prob send them for port and sound each at one time. Also how long this kind of process roughly takes ( i understand that time is very relevant in this instance but feel its worth asking.) I am not worried about if i pay shipping both ways so they just have to do the work on them.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 11:43:57 PM »

Yes, you can have a sound board and recharge port installed.
You need to contact customer service on the Ultrasabers website.  The pricing is going to be different depending on saber type, availability of parts and probably how busy they are.  Turn around time will definitely depend on how busy they are.
 With the new movie coming out,  they will be very, very busy. Contact them soon is my advice!

Jayceson
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 12:49:45 AM »

Thanks! for the quick reply sorry but one more question i thought of. Can you also change the LEDS? i'm okay with waiting as long as necessary that it will be 1 saber at a time (still will have my other 5 to mess with oh i need to get some pictures and upload them XD Also do you want lightside or darkside points i know some people like dark side points lol

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 02:41:11 AM »

They can change/upgrade pretty much any of the innards of your saber. As was mentioned, you have to contact US to get pricing and a timetable. Pricing I would guess would be, at a minimum, the price of whatever parts you're looking to have added, plus any labor. For example, for the recharge port, it's probably the price of the port, plus whatever it costs for them to do the install (i.e. upgrade the wiring, drill the hole in the saber, etc.). And they'll let you know if what you want isn't possible, or in some cases less expensive to just buy a new saber.

You can use either info@ultrasabers.com or customerservice@ultrasabers.com  to email them. You can also call them, the number is on the main site somewhere. They also used to do live chat during business hours on the main site, but I've been away for a while and I have no idea if they still do that or not.

NOTE: THE ABOVE PRICING METHOD IS A GUESS ON MY PART. FINAL PRICING WILL COME FROM US. I DO NOT WORK FOR US, I HAVE NO SAY IN HOW ANYTHING IS PRICED. CONTACT US FOR ACTUAL PRICING.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Jayceson
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 02:55:31 AM »

They can change/upgrade pretty much any of the innards of your saber. As was mentioned, you have to contact US to get pricing and a timetable. Pricing I would guess would be, at a minimum, the price of whatever parts you're looking to have added, plus any labor. For example, for the recharge port, it's probably the price of the port, plus whatever it costs for them to do the install (i.e. upgrade the wiring, drill the hole in the saber, etc.). And they'll let you know if what you want isn't possible, or in some cases less expensive to just buy a new saber.

You can use either info@ultrasabers.com or customerservice@ultrasabers.com  to email them. You can also call them, the number is on the main site somewhere. They also used to do live chat during business hours on the main site, but I've been away for a while and I have no idea if they still do that or not.

NOTE: THE ABOVE PRICING METHOD IS A GUESS ON MY PART. FINAL PRICING WILL COME FROM US. I DO NOT WORK FOR US, I HAVE NO SAY IN HOW ANYTHING IS PRICED. CONTACT US FOR ACTUAL PRICING.
lol ya i got that i just wasn't sure on the all innard parts sorry! good to know and ya i understand it may not be exactly cost effective but it still would most likely be cheaper then just flat out buying new ones

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 05:01:44 PM »

lol ya i got that i just wasn't sure on the all innard parts sorry! good to know and ya i understand it may not be exactly cost effective but it still would most likely be cheaper then just flat out buying new ones
Depending on your upgrade choices, not necessarily, especially when you factor in the cost of postage BOTH ways, instead of just ONE.  This is why I have not upgraded my five-year-old Aeon LE v3 stunt saber to have sound, but will instead buy a new Diamond saber (hopefully before the current sale ends).

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Makubex
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

тнərə ιѕ no darĸ ѕιdə, nor lιgнт ѕιdə.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 07:41:33 AM »

Depending on your upgrade choices, not necessarily, especially when you factor in the cost of postage BOTH ways, instead of just ONE.  This is why I have not upgraded my five-year-old Aeon LE v3 stunt saber to have sound, but will instead buy a new Diamond saber (hopefully before the current sale ends).

Exactly! But also be weary about ur hilt choices cause options for pommel and emitters are restricted to mhl and mls can’t remember if mhl is correct still familiarizing myself.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 07:51:25 PM »

Exactly! But also be weary about ur hilt choices cause options for pommel and emitters are restricted to mhl and mls can’t remember if mhl is correct still familiarizing myself.
It's MHS (Modular Hilt System) for both pommels and emitters, and MLS (Modular LED System) for the LED unit, just for the record.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Makubex
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

тнərə ιѕ no darĸ ѕιdə, nor lιgнт ѕιdə.

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 10:16:19 AM »

It's MHS (Modular Hilt System) for both pommels and emitters, and MLS (Modular LED System) for the LED unit, just for the record.

Haha thanks for clarifying!! I always mess those abbreviations up.. I think I said the same thing a year ago lolzzzz

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 12:24:23 PM »

Pretty much anything from sound to charging port and illuminated AV switch

Ilowarith
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -16

Dark leaning, but will allow the Force to choose.

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 04:31:43 PM »

I received a stunt Aeon v4 in Sept as a $75 mystery box. After I had the saber for a few weeks, and enjoying the quality of the workmanship, realized I was missing out on the sound. I contacted US through their customer service email, and set up what options I wanted and set up to send the *hilt only* back to them in Houston. In addition to sound, I wanted an illuminated AV switch to match the green blade color, as well as a different pommel. They'll let you add any sound options, or extra add-ons you want. I didnt ask about LEDs, so not sure there. It cost me $20 to send it back to them, plus another $160 or so, between the lite sound, AV switch and pommel, & the labor for a tech to do that work. It definitely cost a little more overall, than if I'd just bought that particular hilt model and equipped it how I wanted from the start. I chose the $75 MB originally, 'cause I didnt want to spend a few hundred on something when wasn't sure of the quality. I know better now! Next time I'm just gonna order what I want, with premium Obsidian, or diamond.

Turn around time from me sending it via FedEx, and them working on it and sending it back, was a little over 2 weeks.

Disclaimer : If you go with the LITE sound, it's a good quality, and the motion sensors are about average for swing, but there's only two volume settings: loud & saber  off. I do not recommend firing up a LITE at 2am if you have young kids or grumpy roommates.

Good is a point of view.

My sabers : Aeon v4 - CG - OBS LITE  - Green-silver AV - catalyst pommel - |w| ~ $75 MB upgraded
Electrum Wind - Diamond - VA - SY FoC
Sentinel v4 - Stunt - BR - Silver AV  ~ $75 MB
Dark Apprentice v4 - Stunt - BR
Aeon v4 - Stunt - AB - Silver AV ~ 2020 Spring raffle 4th place
Aeon v3 - Stunt - CG - Silver AV ~ $75 MB

Wishlist : Raven SS, Crimson Butcher, Crimson Savior, Emperor's Hand, Menace SE staff, Crimson Scorpion, Manticore, Flamberge v2, Dark Graflex, Lost Grey, Guardian, Dark Standard Issue v3, & Dark Apprentice LE v5

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: