Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obi-Wan Kenobi Series  (Read 590 times)
ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

« on: October 25, 2019, 07:49:29 PM »

Ever since Ewan McGregor himself told us he'd get to reprise his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a TV series I just want three things from it! Little Luke Skywalker and his relationship with Ben, Ben Kenobi giving toys to Beru so she can give them to lil Luke, and Uncle Owen and Obi-Wan's argument. I'd love it if lil Luke was an integral side character, and I'd definitely like to see Ben Kenobi have to save Luke from sand people or thugs, or even a speeder crash, only to have to wipe the boy's memory via the Force so Owen won't drive him further away. We also need Liam Neeson back as Qui-gon to teach Kenobi about becoming a Force Ghost! Okay, I definitely want more than just three things XD. But these better happen, I've been skeptical of people begging for a Kenobi show, but hey, if it's good it's good. Fingers crossed Disney doesn't mess Obi-Wan's character up. He better not have an urge to kill Luke when he sees a possible future where Luke becomes an evil emperor. -_- May the Force be with us.

What do you think about the Kenobi tv show?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 08:06:12 PM »

Ever since Ewan McGregor himself told us he'd get to reprise his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a TV series I just want three things from it! Little Luke Skywalker and his relationship with Ben, Ben Kenobi giving toys to Beru so she can give them to lil Luke, and Uncle Owen and Obi-Wan's argument. I'd love it if lil Luke was an integral side character, and I'd definitely like to see Ben Kenobi have to save Luke from sand people or thugs, or even a speeder crash, only to have to wipe the boy's memory via the Force so Owen won't drive him further away. We also need Liam Neeson back as Qui-gon to teach Kenobi about becoming a Force Ghost! Okay, I definitely want more than just three things XD. But these better happen, I've been skeptical of people begging for a Kenobi show, but hey, if it's good it's good. Fingers crossed Disney doesn't mess Obi-Wan's character up. He better not have an urge to kill Luke when he sees a possible future where Luke becomes an evil emperor. -_- May the Force be with us.

What do you think about the Kenobi tv show?

I just wonder where it will be set in terms of his time on Tattoine.  Anything they have already shown in other mediums they wont re do so its just got me curious.   The Comics have shown us Obi-Wan's early days dealing with his isolation, fighting a Wookie Bounty Hunter, arguing with Owen, sneaking Luke parts for his speeder and Rebels showed us his final confrontation with Maul. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 08:28:19 PM »

I just wonder where it will be set in terms of his time on Tattoine.  Anything they have already shown in other mediums they wont re do so its just got me curious.   The Comics have shown us Obi-Wan's early days dealing with his isolation, fighting a Wookie Bounty Hunter, arguing with Owen, sneaking Luke parts for his speeder and Rebels showed us his final confrontation with Maul. 

I'd like to see new things too, but lots of people don't read comics just like lots of people don't read books, I'm one of them so while I have seen comic images here and there on google I don't know anything outside of the movies and tv shows when it comes to Disney's canon. And that's a problem for a lot of people since Disney Canon seems to bank on the assumption that people have read and keep up with their books and comics just to understand a single scene in their movies (Like Rey downloading Kylo Ren's training during the interrogation scene just so that she [a self trained scavenger] could beat him [a trained Jedi and Dark Side practitioner] in TFA). All that is really the reason I hope some of the stuff I want makes it's way to the screen, if only to show the fans that the writers do actually care about worthy exposition, the story and Star Wars fans and not just their paychecks.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 09:47:57 PM »

Though I doubt they will do it, I would love to see them adapt something similar to the storyline from Kenobi (Legends book). Specifically the relationships with the Sand People and having to fight a Krayt Dragon.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 02:33:49 PM »

I'd like to see new things too, but lots of people don't read comics just like lots of people don't read books, I'm one of them so while I have seen comic images here and there on google I don't know anything outside of the movies and tv shows when it comes to Disney's canon. And that's a problem for a lot of people since Disney Canon seems to bank on the assumption that people have read and keep up with their books and comics just to understand a single scene in their movies (Like Rey downloading Kylo Ren's training during the interrogation scene just so that she [a self trained scavenger] could beat him [a trained Jedi and Dark Side practitioner] in TFA). All that is really the reason I hope some of the stuff I want makes it's way to the screen, if only to show the fans that the writers do actually care about worthy exposition, the story and Star Wars fans and not just their paychecks.

That's where the Old EU and the new Canon vastly differ.  The old EU expanded on the lore but did the main lore was not reliant on it.  Those of us who read the novel has a little extra joy when we watched the films...like When Luke is in Jabba's palace we knew Mara was there.  But those that didn't read the books did not miss anything vital.  Now, there is so much that fleshes out things in the books and comics.... its ridiculous.

ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 12:35:28 AM »

That's where the Old EU and the new Canon vastly differ.  The old EU expanded on the lore but did the main lore was not reliant on it.  Those of us who read the novel has a little extra joy when we watched the films...like When Luke is in Jabba's palace we knew Mara was there.  But those that didn't read the books did not miss anything vital.  Now, there is so much that fleshes out things in the books and comics.... its ridiculous.

Exactly! So much of the new canon is definitely reliant upon people reading comics and books unlike the EU. Infact, I've read some EU books out of chronological order and I still understood everything going on. I get the feeling I wouldn't understand squat if I don't read some novelization of The Mandalorian before the show drops. I sure hope the Kenobi series can stand on its own without books but, you never know with Disney at the steering wheel.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 12:36:06 PM »

I can't wait, have been waiting for Ewan McGregor to return as Kenobi himself for some time

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 02:10:44 PM »

Exactly! So much of the new canon is definitely reliant upon people reading comics and books unlike the EU. Infact, I've read some EU books out of chronological order and I still understood everything going on. I get the feeling I wouldn't understand squat if I don't read some novelization of The Mandalorian before the show drops. I sure hope the Kenobi series can stand on its own without books but, you never know with Disney at the steering wheel.

There is a small few page interlude in one of the Aftermath novels that speaks of someone donning Mandalorian armor from a jawa's sandcrawler.  Whether this ties in or is another dangling thread I dunno.  On this note there is an upcoming 4 part comic series called The Rise of Kylo Ren...it details events leading up to Ben becoming Kylo Ren...even meeting Snoke and the Knights of Ren for the first time. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: