Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Are we allowed to ask questions about 3rd party blades?  (Read 863 times)
Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« on: October 28, 2019, 12:37:38 PM »

As above are we allowed to ask questions about 3rd party blades?  I'm asking because I ordered something from a well known company, that only sells blades, three weeks ago and haven't heard anything. No order confirmation, nothing. Even after emails and phone calls?

Always try to do what is right.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 12:49:04 PM »

Other saber and blade companies will have to be called "The other guys".  As long as you follow that and don't get into specific models and get more into the technical side, you're good to go

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 04:44:52 PM »

Well. They are a popular company, I placed the order on the 8th and have had zero communication. How long should I wait until I call the credit card company and reverse it.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 06:56:18 PM »

Well. They are a popular company, I placed the order on the 8th and have had zero communication. How long should I wait until I call the credit card company and reverse it.

Don't answer here, because we don't need to know, but these are the questions I would ask myself:

How much money are we talking about here?  How much is this in relation to my budget for "fun" items?  How long did it take me to come up with that amount of money for this category of expenditure?  Is this product something I can obtain somewhere else?  Is the delay in product receipt and the complete lack of response to inquiries worth the hassle of me calling the credit card company and initiating a chargeback?  Is the current (very negative) experience I'm having with this merchant worth potentially never doing business with them again, either because I'm too frustrated, or they decide to blacklist me because of the chargeback? 

I'm sure there are others, but I'd start with those.  And if you've spent three weeks calling and emailing them (assuming you're calling during their customer support hours, you're dialing the right number, you're using their designated point of contact for internet-based customer service and all the other obvious things), I think your credit card company will have no issues with you asking to have the charge removed, but do be prepared to go over this (calmly) with the customer service rep at the credit card company.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 04:03:55 AM »

Hehe, I'm usually calm. Yeah! I could loose the money but it is significant enough that I would be displeased. If I cancel the charge and they are just a company that takes forever, I'll feel bad and perhaps loose a source of cool stuff. If not I would be very disappointed and even annoyed that I could have done something

People and companies in the saber (and accessories) customer service business are not very customer service oriented, at least in my experience. Maybe that is just the level, or lack of, service we should expect in this market/industry. I know it has had a negative impacted my purchases, I intended to by several more. But on the bright side I have more money for other things.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 10:46:06 AM »

I know exactly who you're talking about. They usually have a live blade build on FaceBook so you can also hit them up on social media as well. Maybe, they're super busy since it's close to the holidays and they're trying to fulfill others but I'm not trying to give them an excuse. There should be no reason why you're not receiving a response after you tried all avenues to contact them

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: