Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Plastic Modelers Anonymous (PMA)  (Read 13453 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« on: November 01, 2019, 02:14:28 AM »

Not sure if this topic belongs here or elsewhere on the forum?

I have recently returned to my old plastic modeling hobby and I figured I would love to share that with others of like mind and obsession. So, before I post…Is anyone else out there who enjoys the same? What's on your workbench? I currently picked up the Bandai 1/12 scale ROTJ Vader…

I hope to hear from you :-)

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 03:02:33 AM »

I freely confess to having indulged in this hobby, off and on, for far more years than I care to count.
Just finished the 1/100000 Bandai Super Star Destroyer.

A lot of my builds are over on Youtube under the username of Quaralane

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 10:48:32 AM »

I'm trying to get into the plastic molding game for cosplaying since adding that to my foam stuff, it'll be great cosplay experience that I'll have. So any tutorials or links to start would be appreciate. I also have other hobbies that would need some plastic molding abilities

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 12:54:29 PM »

I'm trying to get into the plastic molding game for cosplaying since adding that to my foam stuff, it'll be great cosplay experience that I'll have. So any tutorials or links to start would be appreciate. I also have other hobbies that would need some plastic molding abilities

I don't do MOLDING but MODELING....though that WOULD be useful! Tongue

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 01:16:55 PM »

Ok!

First up: Revell's 1/100 scale U-Wing from Rogue One.

Snap-tite kits are an easy build and allow me to get to the fun part of detailing and painting. There are 2 crew figures inside and the wings do swing back. I like the full forward configuration though.

This thing was basically a toy (it has lights and sound! PEW PEW!) and was a ghastly white and blue before I got the weathering completed.

Some battle damage added

The completed project is quite nice

The full album is here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJ5ZrUT

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 01:19:56 PM »

I freely confess to having indulged in this hobby, off and on, for far more years than I care to count.
Just finished the 1/100000 Bandai Super Star Destroyer.

A lot of my builds are over on Youtube under the username of Quaralane

was the SSD a fun build? I've always eyed the big capital ships.

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 03:18:24 AM »

That U-wing looks pretty good. I've got the Bandai 1/144 version to work with

As to the SSD, it was a fun, but tiny build. Still need to post final build video of it

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 07:46:03 PM »

For a quick build, I was in my local hobby shop and piced up the SD/SSD combo from Bandai
Having already built the SD, I decided to tackle the SSD in all it's 1/100,000 scale glory

Build time was all of about 25-30 minutes.
Do need to watch for undergates and a couple of areas that need to be carefully trimmed for fit

The only addition I made to this one was a black wash to help bring out the amazing level of detail Bandai has put into this kit
Finished length is all of about 7 1/2"

Finished build pics

Youtube link:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL1v6Jl99J4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL1v6Jl99J4</a>

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 10:57:36 PM »

Wowza!

That has some spectacular detail on it! I'm a big detail junkie and love to work on a model to bring it as close to realistic as possible. The Tamiya panel wash has been a massive game-changer for me.

I recently ran across using dollar store eyeshadow for effective (and cheap) weathering. Some of that an be seen on the panels of the U-wing.

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 01:24:05 AM »

I have 2 X-Wing models I have yet to bring myself to try and put together: a 20th Anniversary (1977-1997) AMT 11 inch model and a 2 year old Bandai 1/72 scale with about 300 pieces in it. The AMT model i've had for decades and has about 3 inches of dust on it, lol. 

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 02:28:16 AM »

I have 2 X-Wing models I have yet to bring myself to try and put together: a 20th Anniversary (1977-1997) AMT 11 inch model and a 2 year old Bandai 1/72 scale with about 300 pieces in it. The AMT model i've had for decades and has about 3 inches of dust on it, lol. 

"Dew eet!"

Hop to it man, I'd love to give you any encouragement or tips I can…an unbuilt model is a terrible thing to waste!

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 08:16:03 PM »

Speaking of X-Wing Models:

Here's my Bandai 1/72 scale Resistance X-Wing build.

Dremeled battle-damage and note the custom colored BB Unit! (It ain't Poe....It should't be colored like BB-8!)

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 06:22:37 PM »

Finished my latest project.

BANDAI 1:12 scale Darth Vader (ROTJ)

Anything not black plastic or red (clear) plastic was my paint-job (except for the exceptionally done full head that came with the kit. I did add a little bit of wash ot areas to bring out its detail a little more.)

I'm considering creating a diorama base for this kit (Mustafar anyone?)

Here's the full photo album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJBg47s

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2020, 04:56:10 PM »

My most recent project

1/144 Bandai Y-Wing

I went with a custom paint job and scratch-built the Rebel logo on the stand.

This sucker is small (almost fits in my palm) but PACKED with detail! I love me some detail!

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2020, 05:26:18 PM »

Ooh! I like this thread. Im currently working on a fictional aircraft model from a ga,e i play - pics to come!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: