Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Plastic Modelers Anonymous (PMA)  (Read 13447 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 08:55:55 PM »

Ooh! I like this thread. Im currently working on a fictional aircraft model from a ga,e i play - pics to come!

Welcome!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

Scrapper

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 12:57:31 PM »

Nice thread!  I’m currently working on a full-scale BD-1 from Jedi: Fallen Order.  It’s my first 3D-printed model kit, which is cool, because I’ve been able to design and print extra parts, like the power amplifier upgrade on his head.  This model will have LEDs for the eyes and back plate... once I get my soldering skills up to speed.  This is really different from traditional plastic kits that I did as a kid; more filler and sanding/filing, but it keeps my mind off the FallenSaber order that is 6 weeks old, and probably has another 4 to go....

Not sure if this topic belongs here or elsewhere on the forum?

I have recently returned to my old plastic modeling hobby and I figured I would love to share that with others of like mind and obsession. So, before I post…Is anyone else out there who enjoys the same? What's on your workbench? I currently picked up the Bandai 1/12 scale ROTJ Vader…

I hope to hear from you :-)

Mine:
-Fallen w/BRE, Obsidian Lite sound, BVA
-Dark Catalyst, Stunt, AS
Son's:
-Dark Initiate LE V4, Stunt, FO (x2)

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 11:05:51 AM »

can't wait to see the results. Where did you pck up the kit?

I think I still need to post my y-wing pics…

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Scrapper

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 04:42:53 PM »

can't wait to see the results. Where did you pck up the kit?

Model From Thingiverse, Fine_Engineer. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4078727  Has great models, but be careful, because several are designed for resin printing and won't work well for FDM.  

In-progress shots: https://imgur.com/a/Lirrctz

Mine:
Son's:

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 02:39:01 AM »

Model From Thingiverse, Fine_Engineer. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4078727  Has great models, but be careful, because several are designed for resin printing and won't work well for FDM.  

In-progress shots: https://imgur.com/a/Lirrctz

lovn it!

Also, thanks fr the link

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2020, 02:42:32 AM »

If any folks who have 3d printers and need files for small parts send me the information, dimensions or and idea of what you seek my 3d program supports 3d printer files. No charge no strings

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2020, 01:49:02 PM »

If any folks who have 3d printers and need files for small parts send me the information, dimensions or and idea of what you seek my 3d program supports 3d printer files. No charge no strings

Have a point for your generosity, HesaHeart!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2020, 11:27:18 AM »

points from me as well. TThat's super generous

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Scrapper

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2020, 03:35:34 PM »

Imagur got all screwed up, so Here's a new link to my BD-1 model gallery: www.//imgur.com/a/Tfi0zJ6

I've never been terribly good at soldering, and with 34 LEDs, I'm getting lots of practice!  Got the eyes working!  I think they are too bright, but oh well.  I can turn them off.

Mine:
Son's:

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2020, 04:15:14 PM »

Imagur got all screwed up, so Here's a new link to my BD-1 model gallery: www.//imgur.com/a/Tfi0zJ6

I've never been terribly good at soldering, and with 34 LEDs, I'm getting lots of practice!  Got the eyes working!  I think they are too bright, but oh well.  I can turn them off.

I think you meant this link instead.

Anyway, that’s a SICK build!  Well done!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2020, 05:01:58 PM »

Really nice work on your BD-1! I recently built a "dROYd" based on BD-1, however mine s just a 3D model I rendered images of and isn't quite as complex as the model you have. But Roy as I call him is still helpful around my mancave! If you're interested the link to my post with him is:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.msg765669#msg765669

Looking forward to seeing your BD fully assembled. Point on the way.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2020, 08:48:15 PM »

Not sure if this counts for this thread, but before I started collecting lightsabers, I collected, painted and played a tabletop game called Warhammer 40,000.

I've painted thousands of models, but here's just a few:

And I even custom made my Jedi character:

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Scrapper

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2020, 08:55:33 PM »

Really nice work on your BD-1! I recently built a "dROYd" based on BD-1, however mine s just a 3D model I rendered images of and isn't quite as complex as the model you have. But Roy as I call him is still helpful around my mancave! If you're interested the link to my post with him is:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.msg765669#msg765669

Looking forward to seeing your BD fully assembled. Point on the way.

Just finished wiring the rear LED panel today, so I'll be done soon!  I think I made the infill on the head too dense, though, and it's a little heavy...  Nice work on the Blender dROYd, btw!

Mine:
Son's:

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Scrapper

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2020, 09:00:08 PM »

Not sure if this counts for this thread, but before I started collecting lightsabers, I collected, painted and played a tabletop game called Warhammer 40,000.
And I even custom made my Jedi character:

Nice detail on the miniatures, Galef.  The Jedi is great... But those storm troopers look a lot like Cylons!  😀

Mine:
Son's:

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2020, 09:17:54 PM »

... But those storm troopers look a lot like Cylons!  😀
Indeed, I was just working with what I had, which was a Space Marine head and an Eldar Gaurdian body. Those were the closest I could find with the models provided in the Warhammer 40K model range.

-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: