Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: SPIN WARS EPISODE VI: The Return of the Spin  (Read 18744 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2019, 12:23:03 AM »

Here's my entry Cephalus. I didn't quite hit the 3 minute mark, but I was getting cold, I the first time I tried to record, it didn't record. Angry So I had probably another 3 mins or so that didn't make it onto camera. If you need more, or something different, let me know.

Added you to the list. Dark side I infer from the blade color? Glad you got a chance to enter Taegin.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2019, 02:12:42 PM »

Thanks to some subtle encouragement from this forum. This is my first time submitting a video.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to record in the evening, so it's a bit light.
Hope it fits the parameters and a quick question. Is there a copyright text we should put in the description vecause of the music used? In case Youtube or anyone else takes offence...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO9gMPfkLHc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO9gMPfkLHc</a>

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2019, 03:45:19 PM »

Looking good, Chuan! You should post more videos

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2019, 09:15:20 PM »

Added you to the list. Dark side I infer from the blade color? Glad you got a chance to enter Taegin.

Yeah, Dark Side if possible.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2019, 03:10:41 AM »

Thanks to some subtle encouragement from this forum. This is my first time submitting a video.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to record in the evening, so it's a bit light.
Hope it fits the parameters and a quick question. Is there a copyright text we should put in the description vecause of the music used? In case Youtube or anyone else takes offence...
Got it. Added as light side. Don't worry about the music; youtube recognizes the clips and runs ads for the music creators automatically on any video in which they are used. I will mention them in the main video credits as well. You probobly got a note from them about that when you uploaded.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2019, 12:07:08 PM »

I'm so excited for this! Lots of good flow artists participating!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2019, 01:12:19 PM »

Thank you all for the nice compliments.

I was thinking of doing a darksided saberstaff version as well, since I might have some spare time tomorrow, but unfortunately one of the two HG-blades broke today, so...

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2019, 07:47:51 PM »

Thanks to my lovely wife, I had some extra time to train, wich ended up with a new recording, and well I think it's good enought for my darkside entry of this years Spinwars.
So here it is:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXel0EpQ7aI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXel0EpQ7aI</a>

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2019, 03:20:22 AM »

So, Mr. Wijchen, I finally have 2 pieces of advice I can give you based off of watching your 2 videos off of here. 1 - stop doubting yourself - keep your practice up and learning what does and does not work when it is a lightsaber instead of a sword. Your forms are perfect, and I'm not saying that lightly.
2 - and feel free to completely disregard me in this because your forms are cleaner than mine so I don't get to tell you much - for entertainment value you can do deeper thrusts and lunges, you can be more dramatic on the blocks with throwing the elbow out instead of keeping it tucked in, and maybe throw in an extra wrist twist when unnecessary just to create more blade movement.

But yeah, as I said, I don't get to tell you much.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2019, 05:57:50 AM »

So, Mr. Wijchen, I finally have 2 pieces of advice I can give you based off of watching your 2 videos off of here. 1 - stop doubting yourself - keep your practice up and learning what does and does not work when it is a lightsaber instead of a sword. Your forms are perfect, and I'm not saying that lightly.
2 - and feel free to completely disregard me in this because your forms are cleaner than mine so I don't get to tell you much - for entertainment value you can do deeper thrusts and lunges, you can be more dramatic on the blocks with throwing the elbow out instead of keeping it tucked in, and maybe throw in an extra wrist twist when unnecessary just to create more blade movement.

But yeah, as I said, I don't get to tell you much.

Mr. Fox, thank you for your advice, true words spoken.
And to be honest, the things you say, really do make sense and yes I've heard them before, let's say it's a learningcurve I'm in.

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2019, 12:44:31 PM »

What Finlayfox said. Keep up the good work, Chuan. You're doing quite well and please post more videos, I'm a fan!

Finlayfox, you have great form and moves, continue to work on them as always. I've been doing this for over a year now and it's part of my daily life.

You'll only get better with more time and experience so keep spinning and keep posting! Wink

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2019, 01:04:14 PM »

What Finlayfox said. Keep up the good work, Chuan. You're doing quite well and please post more videos, I'm a fan!

Finlayfox, you have great form and moves, continue to work on them as always. I've been doing this for over a year now and it's part of my daily life.

You'll only get better with more time and experience so keep spinning and keep posting! Wink

Oh don't get me wrong(I hope my next statement doesn't sound too conceited), I have a lot of good flow forms down, but it's been a good 5 years since I've brushed up on my martial arts; and I know for a fact(thanks to a friend currently in Wing Chun) that my forms and stances are not up to snuff. Though I am planning on rectifying that in the near future.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2019, 05:00:53 AM »

Awesome moves seen some cool stuff, glad I didn't miss the war how much time do we have left?

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2019, 09:35:12 AM »

First pages says deadline is 'around' december 20th and realease one of the first days of the new year. So maybe if you hurry up, you can still enter.
Would be nice to see some more videos.

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2019, 04:08:52 AM »

I only had 15 mins this morning before work, if I'm approved another 2 days can do something way more solid. But I'm not risking not being apart of the war so here is best I can do if this is even acceptable.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dx4zZY83Xo&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dx4zZY83Xo&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod Wink
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 12:20:45 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: